Oasis of the Seas: From Devastation To Hope

Great news. Very happy for you. I was on the cruise you missed. Sorry you weren't able to get on.

If you have to fly in the day of your cruise, check out rccl's Air2Sea, they guarantee to get you to your cruise.

Bummer! 2 weeks before you :( Would be nice to meet some of you f2f

I will be on Harmony in November and will do doing a live review. Hopefully this will give you good Intel prior to your cruise.

Thanks for sharing with us!

I hope you will post about your trip next Feb ... you have such a fair attitude that it will give those of us who are cruising on Harmony after you a good idea of what to expect!

Hey cruisers. On May 14, 2016 my wife, daughter, and I missed embarkation on Oasis of the Seas due to egregious errors and miscalculation by *this guy*. I wrote about our experience here.

The sympathetic and constructive feedback was truly appreciated and typifies what it means to be part of a community.

After stewing for a couple weeks we decided to give it a shot again and booked Harmony of the Seas for Feb'17. It gets better. RCCL issued a letter of credit out of pure compassion and mercy over our misadventures. I won't get into detail about this benevolent act nor how it came to fruition. Just know you want to do all you can to avoid the predicament of being mere steps away from the gangplank only to be sent back from whence you came. Show up early and enjoy the ship.

AND....if something were to happen, be sure you have a standard US passport and not the puny passport cards my daughter and I sported. You never know when you have catch a last-minute bird to the Bahamas for the interception play.

With that, we look forward to being on the Harmony. Hope to see some of you there!

Chris

This is so why I love RCCL!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP I'm glad they showed some mercy towards you.

If you have to fly in the day of your cruise, check out rccl's Air2Sea, they guarantee to get you to your cruise.

Except they can't always meet that guarantee. Certain things have to be there for it to be met.

First, they have to put you on a flight that allows for other flights to be possible, if there's a delay or cancellation.

If the ship can't wait (and it can't always) then you have to be taken to the next port. What if there is no next port with an airport? What if it's a Coco Cay and days at sea? That guarantee means nothing.

Or if CC and sea days and the island with an airport is on day 5 of a 7 day cruise, etc? There's almost no point at that point.

What if the person doesn't have a passport book? I have yet to see a post by someone who had air booked AND didn't have a passport AND didn't make their ship. So I don't know how they would meet that promise.

Just booking through them doesn't necessarily mean you're in the clear.

I don't care what people say, I am on the Allure now and am having a great time. Sure it is a huge company with profit uppermost on their minds but they are also Human. I am so happy for you!

Gotta go the 50% off sale is about to start and I love to people watch this spectacle... Lol

Good for you, you have been great about admitting your mistakes and I think most of us were pulling for you because of that. I'm so glad RCCL worked with you. I hope your family has an awesome trip!

Exactly this. I hope you have a wonderful time on the rebooked cruise

Chris

Though I love Cruise Critic, I don't usually reply to any of the post. My heart really went out to you and your family. I admire the dignity with which you ultimately handled the whole situation. I am so glad it is going to work out for you. My husband and I will also be on Harmony 2/12 and 2/19/17.

I hope to meet you and your family. In the mean time, take care.

Cyn & Marv

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

DH and I are SO happy to hear that you and your family are going to have the cruise of a lifetime after all! Our hearts went out for you last month.

And a big round of applause for RCCL too for showing that a big company with big ships can still have a big heart too! Great job! :D

Enjoy your cruise and the months of happy anticipation ahead!

Edited by HelenaCruiser2012

Very happy for you and your family. When I read what happened to you, I winced a little and thought "there was probably a time that could have happened to me." Most people learn quickly when they cut it a little too close at a port - they will leave you! I know you're going to enjoy preparing for your upcoming cruise. We have realized that going at least 2 days pre- cruise gives us time to decompress before we board the ship. (Can't always do this, but it helps so much). We are in true vacation mode when we embark. Enjoy reading the reviews and planning your vacation. So happy RCCL helped out - what a great gesture!