Bringing water onboard

mom02

We read other cruisers' tips to bring our own pallet of bottled water onboard. We'd love to do that, but will be using shuttles to get around. We will be staying at the Best Western near the airport. Does anyone have suggestions on where to buy water before we take the shuttle to the pier?

Sorry I forgot to mention we are leaving from Seattle and we're staying at the Best Western Airport Exectuel.

We do have the classic beverage package but were told that we're only allowed to get one drink at a time (???), so if I wanted 2 or 3 bottles of water for the night (I drink a lot of water during the night) would I be able to ask for that many at one time?

We drink water all day long and have had various beverage packages. Regardless of which you have you can get the large bottles for the cabin to take back-which is what we do. You can always get one from another bar a minute later but we've never found it necessary. Even the waitstaff in the Ocean View Cafe (buffet) gets to know us and was automatically bringing us two large bottles plus OJ and americano coffees for my husband all at once. LOL

On Celebrity we have never found it necessary or worth it to lug water onboard with us. And I will say, I am picky about water, and the Solstice class ship water that is "free" is excellent tasting.

Sorry I forgot to mention we are leaving from Seattle and we're staying at the Best Western Airport Exectuel.

We do have the classic beverage package but were told that we're only allowed to get one drink at a time (???), so if I wanted 2 or 3 bottles of water for the night (I drink a lot of water during the night) would I be able to ask for that many at one time?

Not at one time, but get one at a time throughout the day. If a sea day, just get one each time you pass a bar. If a port day, on your way back on the ship grab one. On your way to dinner grab one (or grab one from the closest bar to your cabin slightly before dinner and run it back). Etc. If sea days are early (or during Day 1 exploration) you could build up quite a stash.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As others have said, no need to bring it onboard if you have the beverage package. I drink a lot of water at night and I would often find myself with several extra bottles in the room.

Regarding the one drink at a time, every bartender I have gone to was always more than happy to provide me with an alcoholic drink and a bottle of water. I always made sure to order both as it prevents a hangover!!

I was told by one of the bartenders that you couldn't order two drinks at one time but water is the exception. Sometimes, the bottle was huge. Unless something has changed just in the last 6 weeks, it should be no problem to get water and a drink with alcohol at the same time.

They even have bottled water at the coffee bar -- and have gotten water and a coffee at the same time.

Which port and which Best Western?

Thanks for all the quick responses and reassurances about getting enough water throughout the day. Based on everyone's experiences, it sounds like we won't have a problem getting bottled water with our beverage package. Thanks everyone!! You saved me the hassle! :D

Quick question -- sorry to hijack your thread mom02, but I hate to start a new one -- if you don't have a beverage package, which is easier, bringing a case of water or bringing a refillable water bottle for each person & using the free tap water? I've read that the water is pretty decent across the cruiseline so I'm thinking of saving myself the hassle of purchasing a case & bringing it onboard. FWIW, I'm primarily concerned with having water to bring off board for our days in port. We are the kind of family that doesn't go anywhere without water.

Quick question -- sorry to hijack your thread mom02, but I hate to start a new one -- if you don't have a beverage package, which is easier, bringing a case of water or bringing a refillable water bottle for each person & using the free tap water? I've read that the water is pretty decent across the cruiseline so I'm thinking of saving myself the hassle of purchasing a case & bringing it onboard. FWIW, I'm primarily concerned with having water to bring off board for our days in port. We are the kind of family that doesn't go anywhere without water.

Water bottle I go buy one, Be the best option indeed. Water is filtered no matter how you look at it, it is not tap water it is filtered water through the ships system. Better water than City Water if asked.

Bring a bottle, get a bottle if you forget to do that buy a bottle of water and you can always fill fill fill.

Water bottle I go buy one, Be the best option indeed. Water is filtered no matter how you look at it, it is not tap water it is filtered water through the ships system. Better water than City Water if asked.

Bring a bottle, get a bottle if you forget to do that buy a bottle of water and you can always fill fill fill.

Thank you, just what I was hoping to hear! With three kids in sports and my being adamant about consuming the least amount of purchased bottled water possible, we have many refillable water bottles in our house. We will bring one for each of us! :)

I know that even when they bring water on board from a city, the water goes through additional treatment that takes about 2 days before it can be consumed on board. The tap water is probably better than anything you'll find on shore--even in a bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums