Dream destination? I would love an itinerary that goes to....

What a great thread!

I too have had enough of San Juan and St. Thomas.

Although I am Canadian and close enough to drive to the east coast I really love to cruise and would really enjoy visiting New Brunswick (St. John), Nova Scotia (Halifax), Newfoundland (St. John's) and Prince Edward Island (Charlottetown) along with Quebec City and Montreal.

A couple of these ports are visited in spring and fall but I can only find Holland America doing a great tour from Boston to Montreal and back. Includes Bar Harbour as well. I find it strange that no one else cruises Canada in the summer. Since Holland Am. has it all to themselves their prices are very high.

As a teacher I can't do spring and fall...can't someone do summer?

What a great thread!

I too have had enough of San Juan and St. Thomas.

Although I am Canadian and close enough to drive to the east coast I really love to cruise and would really enjoy visiting New Brunswick (St. John), Nova Scotia (Halifax), Newfoundland (St. John's) and Prince Edward Island (Charlottetown) along with Quebec City and Montreal.

A couple of these ports are visited in spring and fall but I can only find Holland America doing a great tour from Boston to Montreal and back. Includes Bar Harbour as well. I find it strange that no one else cruises Canada in the summer. Since Holland Am. has it all to themselves their prices are very high.

As a teacher I can't do spring and fall...can't someone do summer?

Princess also do a New England cruise during the summer months. We did it a few years ago as that was our only option in August (Caribbean Princess) ;). Unfortunately, they don't include Quebec :(.

Edited by villauk

The old Mercury did almost that. We sailed B2B Honolulu - Auckland and Auckland to Sydney. Only 3 ports in Australia on the second leg, all the rest in NZ. Still our best cruise to date.

We did the exact same cruise on Mercury, but the opposite itinerary. My favorite cruise!

I would like a good ship that goes to the smaller Mediterranean ports and ignores the larger ports (except perhaps for embarking/disembarking as those ports can be convenient for airports).

Azamara may be perfect for you.

Summit out of San Juan, Jan-April, 7-10 days and skipping St. Thomas and St. Maarten in favor of smaller ports. Unfortunately, Summit is chartered for most of next winter. Consequently, we are going to share a house on St. John in 2017. Sorry Celebrity......

We often cruise on HAL...not because we particularly like the line, but because of their oft fantastic itineraries and longer cruises. The most popular itinerary of that line is called the Voyage of the Vikings...and they only do it once a year on a smaller ship. That cruise sells out quite fast, and is marketed at the highest prices per passenger day of all their cruises. It is simply a 34-38 day round trip cruise from Boston that does Greenland, Iceland, and then spends some time in Northern Europe (the ports vary from year to year).

We would love to see Celebrity do something similar. That itinerary can easily be marketed as 2 segments (you could do half the cruise by flying to or from a Northern European port).

Hank

We often cruise on HAL...not because we particularly like the line, but because of their oft fantastic itineraries and longer cruises. The most popular itinerary of that line is called the Voyage of the Vikings...and they only do it once a year on a smaller ship. That cruise sells out quite fast, and is marketed at the highest prices per passenger day of all their cruises. It is simply a 34-38 day round trip cruise from Boston that does Greenland, Iceland, and then spends some time in Northern Europe (the ports vary from year to year).

We would love to see Celebrity do something similar. That itinerary can easily be marketed as 2 segments (you could do half the cruise by flying to or from a Northern European port).

Hank

Wow. This would be perfect on an S class ship, especially if they offer it as two segments! As I'm still a member of the working world I couldn't get enough vacation days to do the whole thing, but one half of the trip would be wonderful. :)

Edited by MustBCruzn

I would like to see more itineraries for Pacific Coast/transpacific/Hawaii/Alaska that don't visit Canada. I know would make it harder for Celebrity's planners, but Canada has very strict immigration policies that make it impossible for some people to visit. I know 3 people that can't go because of very old criminal convictions.

I would like to see more itineraries for Pacific Coast/transpacific/Hawaii/Alaska that don't visit Canada. I know would make it harder for Celebrity's planners, but Canada has very strict immigration policies that make it impossible for some people to visit. I know 3 people that can't go because of very old criminal convictions.

Now this is not a specific area of expertise for me... But If the cruise originates from the US and dis-embarks in the US, I believe the only issue could be the people trying to exit the ship and entering a Canadian port town. From my knowledge base, staying on the ship and not entering Canada would not be an issue. (Skagway excursions sometimes go into Canada) Would always be best to Check with Canadian Officials.

Canadian "rehabilitation" maybe available, if the DUII conviction is older than 5 years.

Edited by neverbeenhere

Now this is not a specific area of expertise for me... But If the cruise originates from the US and dis-embarks in the US, I believe the only issue could be the people trying to exit the ship and entering a Canadian port town. From my knowledge base, staying on the ship and not entering Canada would not be an issue. (Skagway excursions sometimes go into Canada) Would always be best to Check with Canadian Officials.

Canadian "rehabilitation" maybe available, if the DUII conviction is older than 5 years.

One of them tried a round trip Alaskan cruise out of Seattle and were taken ashore in Victoria and told not to come back. They had no plans to go ashore.

Rehad is a possibility but one of them has a major felony about 20 years ago, so it doesn't seem likely. Application for rehad can be expensive with no refunds offered.

SOUTH PACIFIC!!!! But not out of Australia or New Zealand. I want a South Pacific where you fly to Tahiti and spend 15 days cruising all the islands of the South Pacific. Major bucket list item for me!!!

Once upon a time, Renaissance Cruise Lines (long gone) did a wonderful 14 day itinerary around the Society Islands (it was on the R-4). There are some current options (such as the Paul Gauguin and some other lines ). As to Celebrity, they seem to have a written rule that says "we love to repeat the same old itineraries for at least 20 years before making a change."

Hank

SOUTH PACIFIC!!!! But not out of Australia or New Zealand. I want a South Pacific where you fly to Tahiti and spend 15 days cruising all the islands of the South Pacific. Major bucket list item for me!!!

But then you would miss Sydney or Aukland, two amazing cities we are desperate to return to!

A couple of years ago I would have agreed with you but then we did the Hawaii to Sydney cruise visiting Tahiti and Bora Bora and then the Sydney South Pacific cruise visiting Fiji and Isle of Pines...We loved visiting the Pacific Islands but having the contrast of visiting a wonderful city like Sydney or Aukland is a holiday in its own right....adds so much to the contrast and flavour.

Both these cruises were 'bucket list' ones but we would love to return!

I am not an expert but I did go to North Cape on a Cunard cruise a few years back end of May and there is not a lot to do in North Cape except visit a museum excursion where you look out towards the North. It was daylight at midnight so no northern lights. I believe you have to be there in winter to see northern lights. Of course it is cold and snow on the ground in winter. Also, there is not a lot of daylight. Not exactly the type of weather most people like for cruising.

That being said I loved Norway. North Cape was not the highlight of the cruise.

My wish list. I would like to stop at ports along the east coast of the U.S. Philly, Baltimore, Norfolk, Charleston, St. Augustine. Sorry I forgot the Jones act or whatever it is called.