Hawaii suite???

blbailey

We are looking at a 15 day to Hawaii, is it worth it to book a suite? We never have stayed in one but was thinking about it this time because of the length of the trip. We alway stay in a mini, what is everyone's opinion...do you love them? Are they worth it?

I think if it's in the budget, a 15-day Hawaii cruise might be the time to do it. I believe that's 10 sea days.

I think people who spend some time in their cabin benefit most from the suite perks. The ability to order room service off the MDR menu and a library of DVDs don't matter much if you're never in your stateroom.

We stayed in a suite only once, on a semi-reasonable upsell, and our favorite perks were 1. breakfast at Sabatini's, 2. free laundry, including shirts that came back looking new, and 3. the mini bar setup.

Jim

We had a suite on our Hawaii cruise

It was lovely, so lovely I wanted to stay in it or on the balcony, and missed many other things and events around the ship that I liked

We enjoyed the breakfast and service in Sabatini's and the suite flowers and corsages for formal night

The food that came to the room in the afternoon we cancelled

There were drinks in the refrigerator that we didn't use

We like meals in the restaurants so didn't have any meals or tea service brought to our room

The suite and its balcony made our anniversary very memorable

That being said I wouldn't normally seek out a suite (so expensive), but was glad to have this experience

I'd take a suite as a free upgrade or a cheap upsell but, other than that, it isn't worth it to me.

If I had bunches of money I might well feel different. ;)

We just retuned from a 15-day to Hawaii in a PH suite on the Grand. This was a our third PH suite and we still thoroughly enjoyed the extra room on all those sea days.

Ordered dinner to enjoy in Honolulu since it was open seating that night and we wanted to attend the Hawaiian dance show.

Also had full breakfasts delivered at 6:30 am on port days (have read that other non-suite pax got away with it, but that is a discussion for another day). Of course Sabitini's was fabulous.

Traded in one of our minibars (also Elite so we would have gotten two) for two coffee cards.

Used the spa tub several times and enjoyed not being hugged by the infamous shower curtain.

Laundry was nice too, we traveled with just a small backpack and rolling carryon each because we knew that Princess would be doing our laundry.

After I underwent a craniotomy to remove a brain tumor in 2015, we only sail in suites now as I realized that I cannot take it with me.

Only the OP can determine if it is worth it to them. It was worth it to us (and half the price that we are paying for a OS on a 18-day to Norway next year)

There is a link to pictures in my signature.

Like others have stated you have to weigh the good with the bad $$.

Our last trip to Hawaii in April was on a balcony - 1/2 the trip it was too cold to stay out on the balcony -(going and coming back from the islands).

This time we are again on a balcony however we had not planned on it. It was a free upgrade from an ocean view.

If we do this again, or any other longer than 10 days, I would love a mini suite just for the bathtub :)

We had a suite on our Hawaii cruise

It was lovely, so lovely I wanted to stay in it or on the balcony, and missed many other things and events around the ship that I liked

We enjoyed the breakfast and service in Sabatini's and the suite flowers and corsages for formal night

The food that came to the room in the afternoon we cancelled

There were drinks in the refrigerator that we didn't use

We like meals in the restaurants so didn't have any meals or tea service brought to our room

The suite and its balcony made our anniversary very memorable

That being said I wouldn't normally seek out a suite (so expensive), but was glad to have this experience

This is what happened to us, the one time when we had a suite.

When /if my mobility becomes limited then i'll book one again.

We have an upcoming 15 day to Hawaii out of Los Angeles on the Star. We normally try to sail in Mini-suites and have taken advantage of Suite up-sells on past cruises, but due to costs, and needing 2 cabins for this cruise, we chose Balcony cabins this time. I just made Elite and now with the Mini-bar set up and other suite-like amenities, the biggest draw for a suite for us is the great bathroom. We are hoping for an up-sell offer to Minis for Hawaii, but not holding out breath - just cruising to Hawaii will make being hugged by a shower curtain worth it!

I like your comment about the clinging shower curtain. That does seem to be a fleet wide annoyance. But, if that is all I have to complain about I am just fine.[emoji56]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for your wonder advice and opinions it really helps. One more question we always book in a mini because my husband doesn't like the shower curtain attacking him. Are the showers in the full suites bigger than the balcony showers.

Thank you everyone for your wonder advice and opinions it really helps. One more question we always book in a mini because my husband doesn't like the shower curtain attacking him. Are the showers in the full suites bigger than the balcony showers.

Much bigger - a "free standing" shower with glass doors and plenty of room!!

Calculate the difference and maybe instead consider a mini and taking advantage of the Sanctuary a few days instead? If you are elite, that would be my choice. If you are not elite, go for the suite if it is comfortable in your budget. Either way, it's a win-win in my eyes.

Yes. That's another big difference between full suites and everything else. Our suite was on the Grand, and at least there we had a huge shower and separate jetted tub. Not every ship has the jetted tub.

To me, the shower/tub in a mini is no better than a balcony shower. Between the curtain on one side and all the grab bars and soap dispensers on the other, there's no width for a 6-1, 220-pound guy to stand.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

Here are two pictures of the suite shower, one on the Star and the other on the Grand. Both had jetted tubs.

427x640-mexican_riviera_january_2015_0030.jpg.0df95e12b2cb7358d58d8a913c0026e4.jpg

427x640-hawaii_cruise_april_2016_0337.jpg.dfe3df5992e007af3d5bbecbb301e212.jpg

Edited by cflutist

We are looking at a 15 day to Hawaii, is it worth it to book a suite? We never have stayed in one but was thinking about it this time because of the length of the trip. We alway stay in a mini, what is everyone's opinion...do you love them? Are they worth it?

Like you we always stayed in mini suites. We got an upsell to a suite on a 15 day Hawaiian cruise and loved it. Beware, you may get hooked. Since then, we have only stayed in a mini once. The rest have been in suites. I just recently retired so after our 15 day Panama cruise in a suite we will probably go back to minis.

We just retuned from a 15-day to Hawaii in a PH suite on the Grand. This was a our third PH suite and we still thoroughly enjoyed the extra room on all those sea days.

Ordered dinner to enjoy in Honolulu since it was open seating that night and we wanted to attend the Hawaiian dance show.

Also had full breakfasts delivered at 6:30 am on port days (have read that other non-suite pax got away with it, but that is a discussion for another day). Of course Sabitini's was fabulous.

Traded in one of our minibars (also Elite so we would have gotten two) for two coffee cards.

Used the spa tub several times and enjoyed not being hugged by the infamous shower curtain.

Laundry was nice too, we traveled with just a small backpack and rolling carryon each because we knew that Princess would be doing our laundry.

After I underwent a craniotomy to remove a brain tumor in 2015, we only sail in suites now as I realized that I cannot take it with me.

Only the OP can determine if it is worth it to them. It was worth it to us (and half the price that we are paying for a OS on a 18-day to Norway next year)

There is a link to pictures in my signature.

Thanks for the pics!! We're going to Hawaii in January, just in a mini suite but still can't wait...

I like your comment about the clinging shower curtain. That does seem to be a fleet wide annoyance. But, if that is all I have to complain about I am just fine.[emoji56]

About your other question:) -- You can also send me an email to korema1 at gmail dot com