precruise hotel stay in prague

coconut12

Can someone recommend a 4-5 star mid range price hotel stay for a precruise river cruise in October.

I am traveling with 2 older women in their 80s and i am concerned about the cobblestone streets and hills around the hotel area. we would like to be close to restaurants etc. We can take taxis elsewhere. Thank you

We stayed at the Gradior Hotel Prague booked it on Hotwire for $62 on Hotwire last July for a stay in November. It was a very nice hotel, with an awesome breakfast.

I am a 100% do things on my own person, and I save a fortune, when we took our mother's to Europe 16 years ago, we booked everything with the cruise line. I wanted to minimize the problems I could encounter dealing with getting around, and they were only in their mid 70s at the time. Tours are good so they get taken directly to the sites. Yes you pay a lot more for the convenience. Sometimes it is worth it.

That said it is easy to get around Prague and taxis are plentiful.

JC

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Hilton Old Town. Very nice hotel close to Old a Town Square, restaurants, a metro station and tram stops. The hotel had a car service-we did not use it so can't comment more on it. If you use a taxi it is best to have the hotel call one for you as there are a lot of taxi scams in Prague. Much of the Old Town Area is pedestrian only do hopefully your travel companions are able to walk some. Yes, cobblestones are everywhere and walking slowly can help avoid falls.

We stayed at the Kempinski in May and highly recommend it. The location can't be beat and the staff was friendly and helpful. They have a beautiful lobby, bar and also outdoor dining area. The breakfast buffet was in two large room serving everything you could possibly imagine. We had an upgraded room which was large even by US standards.

Carole

Hilton Old Town.....beautiful hotel and believe it or not, one of the best French restaurants I've ever eaten in was almost next door. There were sidewalks and it's not too far a walk from a huge shopping mall and the main square....although I would recommend a taxi considering the ages of your companions. As PurdueMom suggests have the hotel concierge arrange for your taxi.

We are in Prague right now, pre cruise with Avalon. We are at the Intercontinental, 4 mins down the road to Old Town square. I have just realized how small Prague is. Like this hotel very much especially as we have a view of the river.

Glad to hear that it's meeting your needs. How did the check in and room assignment go?

We are in Prague right now, pre cruise with Avalon. We are at the Intercontinental, 4 mins down the road to Old Town square. I have just realized how small Prague is. Like this hotel very much especially as we have a view of the river.

Oops,:rolleyes: I just realized the OP was asking for recommendations in Prague. I recommended the Kempinski which is in Budapest.

LOL....I think we've all done that at least once! I know I have!! :D

That is the hotel our itinerary with AMA shows us booked in next June. I realize all lines have 2 or 3 they use, so will confirm before I add on our extra night or two. Glad to hear you like it, rebel!

Hi Jeff,

You said the Sheraton has a fantastic location: how far ( walking) is it from old town and the Charles Bridge?

SeaWatch,

Old Town and Charles Bridge were maybe a 10 to 15 minute walk? Wenceslas Square was only about 5 minutes by foot. We felt close to everything, and didn't fell the need for public transit. A subway station was less than a block away, however. The Sheraton is next to Charles Square on Zitna, if you're looking at a map. We would absolutely stay here again:)

Jeff

Bama4cruidin

You might want to check with Ama. We sail in April and we too were at the International Continental. Our TA notified us last Monday of the change. It was just after I finished arrangements for a couple of private tour. Oh well, I certainly have time to notify the tour company

Emerald is putting us up in Hotel Yasmin for 3 days precruise in Prague. It is located on the border between the old and new town very near Wenceslas square.

Edited by dabear