Did you Experience This on Adventure?

Hello cruise comrades!

My wife and I are avid cruisers and have been on many Royal Caribbean ships. We cruised Adventure of the Seas in 2010 and had a fantastic time! This past January my parents went on a cruise on Adventure and when they returned they told us some strange things that they encountered that I find hard to believe so I will put it out to you fine people to tell me whether you experienced any of the things they did or they just had a series of unfortunate encounters.

1. At the formal dinner seating they were not doing My Time Dining, but they did not have a waiter assigned to them. It was someone different every day.
  2. At the formal dinner they had to pay for extra courses for the meal (getting more than one starter, dessert, etc.)
  3. The ship felt very old, even after the dry dock upgrades
  4. They felt harassed (more than normal) in the spa
  5. There was only one Specialty Restaurant
  6. At Windjammer they only ever saw the side buffets open - never the back ones
  7. At the Windjammer they saw the same thing every day (no variety in dishes)
  8. The luggage sat in the "employee stairwell" all day and night on the first night and wasn't delivered until late that night (11pm or later)
  9. They were turned away from the main theatre for wearing open-toed shoes??
  10. There wasn't a main stage show in the theatre every night

I would love any insight into whether any of these things are true and maybe how Royal Caribbean has started doing things. Are there other things that seemed "different" than your normal cruise experience on this ship? My wife and I are going on Adventure this upcoming October and would love to know what to expect.

Thanks everyone!!

Just returned recently from a B2B on Adventure and the only thing that's correct in the OP's list is one specialty restaurant (which will be changing as many of us know during their upcoming drydock this October)...Otherwise this list and experiences of a 3rd party is just wrong :rolleyes:

Sometimes I think they are working for a rival cruise line.

and it too this long to post:

This past January my parents went on a cruise on Adventure and when they returned they told us some strange things that they encountered that I find hard to believe so I will put it out to you fine people to tell me whether you experienced any of the things they did or they just had a series of unfortunate encounters.

•  
  • The ship felt very old, even after the dry dock upgrades

• At Windjammer they only ever saw the side buffets open - never the back ones

Adventure doesn't go into dry dock until mid/late October.

I've seen only one side buffet open when they are wrapping up a meal time.

Older folks sometimes have issues that younger folks don't.....my elderly uncle cruised, and came back saying the ONLY food available was in the buffet....I think that's where he was directed upon boarding, and he never asked or did any research to find out differently. So.,.he had a dreadful vacation!

Sometimes, older folks will not attempt to find out what options there are. No offense meant!

My fav is #9. Turned away from the main theater for wearing open toed shoes.

I too find this hard to believe. The only way this "might" be possible is if it was part of a back stage tour, but it isn't like they are going on the all access ship tour.

Hello cruise comrades!

My wife and I are avid cruisers and have been on many Royal Caribbean ships. We cruised Adventure of the Seas in 2010 and had a fantastic time! This past January my parents went on a cruise on Adventure and when they returned they told us some strange things that they encountered that I find hard to believe so I will put it out to you fine people to tell me whether you experienced any of the things they did or they just had a series of unfortunate encounters.

1. At the formal dinner seating they were not doing My Time Dining, but they did not have a waiter assigned to them. It was someone different every day.
  2. At the formal dinner they had to pay for extra courses for the meal (getting more than one starter, dessert, etc.)
  8. The luggage sat in the "employee stairwell" all day and night on the first night and wasn't delivered until late that night (11pm or later)

I would love any insight into whether any of these things are true and maybe how Royal Caribbean has started doing things. Are there other things that seemed "different" than your normal cruise experience on this ship? My wife and I are going on Adventure this upcoming October and would love to know what to expect.

Thanks everyone!!

Trolls... gonna troll.

Either this or your parents absolutely do not want to pay for your cruise.

I say Troll.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

Hello cruise comrades!

Thanks everyone!!

First post huh?.....Sounds like your folks were SLIGHTLY confused during the cruise.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

[/i]

First post and all ot those issues. I am smelling a TROLL!

:( I'm not trolling. Like I said, I found the things they said to be hard to accept, which is why I brought it here. Yes, this is my first post because everyone has to start somewhere. I'm sorry it seemed fake to some of you :(

Trolls... gonna troll.

Either this or your parents absolutely do not want to pay for your cruise.

I say Troll.

I never said anything about my parents paying for my cruise... and It looks like we'll be on the same Adventure sailing on October 1st, so I'll look for you to show you I'm not a "troll".