Beware- sip and sale

twiggycat

Just spoke to Princess about switching from beverage to obc. We booked last week on a May 6 cruise on Ruby.

Was informed the OBCs were sold out for that sailing but we still had the beverage. WHAT????? Fine print is at bottom pf page ." Capacity controlled".

They are only controlling the obcs not the beverage .

So if you don't already have the obcs they may be "sold out"

We don't need the beverage as we already get 2 set-ups.

twiggycat: You mentioned you booked last week. Was it a different promotion? I thought Sip and Sale began this Tuesday.

That is correct.

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., June 21, 2016 -- Princess Cruises today announced a thirst-quenching deal with the Sip & Sail cruise promotion offering free all-inclusive beverages, plus an early booking bonus offer of free specialty dining for bookings made before July 5, 2016. More than 350 cruise vacations for Summer 2017 to Spring 2018 are on sale to destinations around the globe. :D

Sorry it was this week. I booked this cruise after reading about the sale on CC and whether it was better to take the obc or beverage. I booked after reading the sale fine print on the web about the obcs as I knew I wanted the obcs. The fine print is not in the paragraph about obcs but at the bottom about compinability which I didn't read.

When booking on line there was not a place to say which you wanted so I called today. You have to call to get obcs but sorry sold out. They only do a limited number of obcs

Just spoke to Princess about switching from beverage to obc. We booked last week on a May 6 cruise on Ruby.

Was informed the OBCs were sold out for that sailing but we still had the beverage. WHAT????? Fine print is at bottom pf page ." Capacity controlled".

So if you don't already have the obcs they may be "sold out"

We don't need the beverage as we already get 2 set-ups.

They always get you.

Just based on various experiences with Princess reps.....did you consider calling again and see if someone else gives you the same answer....just saying...there isn't always a lot of consistency going on....:p

Agree. Call again and speak with a different agent.

Be sure to point out there was no option for selecting OBC while doing the booking.

That is correct.

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., June 21, 2016 -- Princess Cruises today announced a thirst-quenching deal with the Sip & Sail cruise promotion offering free all-inclusive beverages, plus an early booking bonus offer of free specialty dining for bookings made before July 5, 2016. More than 350 cruise vacations for Summer 2017 to Spring 2018 are on sale to destinations around the globe. :D

I booked yesterday and was offered the OBCs for our cruise.

We wanted the drink package so that wasn't an issue - however, the rep I booked with said the specialty dinner was just for suites and mini-suites.'

I thought it was for balconies also.

Anyone know anything about this?

I believe that just shows which is the better deal for Princess in the long run.

It costs them far less to give out coffee, water, and booze than "actual" money in the form of OBC.

Hope you are able to protest and get the OBC, but like any business, they are beholden to the shareholders, not us.

I booked yesterday and was offered the OBCs for our cruise.

We wanted the drink package so that wasn't an issue - however, the rep I booked with said the specialty dinner was just for suites and mini-suites.'

I thought it was for balconies also.

Anyone know anything about this?

The offer I saw said the dinner in a specialty restaurant was for suites and minisuites.

The offer I saw said the dinner in a specialty restaurant was for suites and minisuites.

Same offer I saw as well.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks all.

Not a big deal - from experience I just usually trust people on here to be more accurate than Princess reps.

:D

EDIT: Just got this in an email from one of the TAs we use:

Correction for Princess' Sip N Sail promo below:

Balconies are not included for specialty dining.

So I'm not totally brain dead - I DID see it somewhere! :p

Edited by chamima

Similarly, I saw that the price of our upcoming cruise had dropped by $50 per person for the cabin right next to the one we have booked, so called Princess to see if we could get a price adjustment. Yes, they would be happy to give us $50 each off the cruise price but to do that we would lose the $75 OBC per person we got in the "twice as nice" promotion. Needless to say, we kept the OBC. GOtta have my tip money!

If you book a sip and sale cruise as a solo and want the OBC, do they give you the OBC for both passengers 1 and 2 like they do when they offer an OBC promotion for booking?

From our experience there are two separate promotion codes when S&S is in play. One for the AIBP and another for the OBC. Both passengers in the cabin must be booked on the same promo so either both have the AIBP or both have the OBC.

ETA - just saw you were solo. I would imagine you would just get one OBC as you would have only gotten one AIBP with the other code.

Edited by Dudleydog73

Thanks all.

Not a big deal - from experience I just usually trust people on here to be more accurate than Princess reps.

:D

EDIT: Just got this in an email from one of the TAs we use:

Correction for Princess' Sip N Sail promo below:

Balconies are not included for specialty dining.

So I'm not totally brain dead - I DID see it somewhere! :p

Received the same email with the correction....you definitely DID see it somewhere;)