Booking a cruise while on a cruise?

Going on my first Princess cruise this fall and wondering if they have the option to book another cruise while on the first one? If so I want to do my research ahead of time and know the when, where, and going prices.

Also, if they do, do you find it advantageous?

Dori, Lakeland FL

You can book any cruise while on board. IMO the best thing you can do is purchase a Future Cruise Credit for $100 per person. This is valid for 2 years (fully refundable if not used) and serves as your deposit for the next cruise you book within those 2 years. It also comes with a small OBC depending on the length of the cruise.

Yes, there will be a person selling future cruises. Look in the Patter for the time and place. You get the lower down payment and OBC. You can also get the same benefit by purchasing a Future Cruise Credit.

Going on my first Princess cruise this fall and wondering if they have the option to book another cruise while on the first one? If so I want to do my research ahead of time and know the when, where, and going prices.

Dori, Lakeland FL

Yes, there is a Future Cruise Sales Consultant on board - location and hours advertised in the Princess Patter, the daily news bulletin.

If you have definite cruise date/itinerary in mind, suggest obtaining a quote at TA prior to sailing. Princess prices on board are same as on their website, unless there are last minute deals for sailings on next voyage to fill vacant cabins. Some TA offer extra on board credit for booking with them; Princess will only offer this if it is already part of the current promo as per online or brochure.

Strongly advise you obtain a Future Cruise Letter, only available on board ship and not available after disembarking, which offers for your next Princess cruise, reduced deposit via credit card, plus some on board credit depending on type of cabin booked. Valid 2 years; if not used, is automatically refunded to your credit card. Forms outside Future Cruise Sales office on ship. Can be used to book with your own agent or Princess direct.

We have sometimes found this advantageous; depends on itinerary and availability to sail. We've obtained some heavily reduced prices to do the next cruise while on current one, as Princess want to fill the empty cabins and we're retired and available to sail always.

Bon Voyage - how exciting for you. Rose. Hope this helps.

You can book any cruise while on board. IMO the best thing you can do is purchase a Future Cruise Credit for $100 per person. This is valid for 2 years (fully refundable if not used) and serves as your deposit for the next cruise you book within those 2 years. It also comes with a small OBC depending on the length of the cruise.

Totally agree love FCCs.

Except one I've bought one I just HAVE to book.

Here's a copy of Furure Cruise Deposit form which are available on the ship & explain this program:

https://book.princess.com/html/personalizer/downloads/pdf/FutureCruiseDepositForm.pdf

I've only booked one future cruise while sailing on a cruise but didn't use the onboard cruise consultant. There's no charge to access the Princess website & we emailed our TA who gave us a better cruise fare. That was before I knew we could book with Princess & later transfer it to our TA.

My mom and I were looking for a Halloween cruise. I did the research at the computer on board, and even saw that the cabin we wanted was available. I made notes and when the future cruise desk opened, my mom took the notes and booked it. uploadfromtaptalk1466916070975.jpg.32c32d114e9cd7049ebd5454df8eabf8.jpg

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Could that amount be the same as we receive when using a FCD?

Booking on board is the equivalent of buying an FCD and using it immediately, so that $100 no doubt did come from using a FCD.

The amount varies by the length of the cruise booked and the type cabin booked, so the amount you would get may be different.

You get that OBC when you sail on the newly booked cruise and it does not matter if you booked that new cruise while on board or (with an FCD) after you returned home.

There are a couple of things to know about the future cruise consultant. As the cruise wear on, that person becomes more and more busy so the best time to see them is early on in the cruise. The office will be open every day at times printed in the patter.

To get a FCC all you need to do is to fill out the form and drop it in the mail slot near the future cruise office onboard. The form can be printed out before you board or there will be an ample amount near the office to fill out. You do not need to talk to the future cruise staff member to get the FCC.

You do not have to pay to use the onboard computers or WiFi to access the Princess website. You do have to establish an account once on board but there will be no charge for the Princess website so you can browse the cruises offered at your leisure.

As already pointed out each FCC costs $100 that lasts for two years and is refundable at the end of that time if not used. It allows you to book any cruise using the $100 as the reservation fee and gives you an OBC of $15 to $150 depending on length of the cruise and cabin type. Everyone must have a FCC to get the offer of $100 reservation fee and OBC which for a couple in a stateroom means both must have purchased their own FCC.

We like most of the dedicated Princess cruisers have at least one if not several FCC on the books for future use. You buy the FCC on board and have 2 years to use it. It is a good deal if you think you might be on another Princess cruise.

... and while on your cruise you will get that form delivered to your stateroom with your names printed out to make it easier, and even easier is just tell the Cruise Sales person how many you want.

They get charged directly to the credit card you have on file on the ship (not to your folio).

Edited by Ferd Berfle

... and while on your cruise you will get that form delivered to your stateroom with your names printed out to make it easier, and even easier is just tell the Cruise Sales person how many you want.

They get charged directly to the credit card you have on file on the ship (not to your folio).

We keep 2-3 Future Cruise Deposits per person on the books just to make it painless to book those "we just gotta go" cruises.

I've also used the onboard Princess@Sea intranet system to apply digitally (accessible through the cruise consultant section). I received an email confirmation & also used the free access to the Princess website to see it in my Captain's Circle account.

Before knowing it was possible to purchase multiple FCDs, we didn't have one available & thus lost a combined $300 of OBC...it was an expensive lesson learned.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yes booking onboard through Princess@Sea or the Internet Cafe works, does that also get you the OBCs or $100 deposit (or do you already have FCDs)?

and us too - got burned bad by not having enough FCDs!

Yes booking onboard through Princess@Sea or the Internet Cafe works, does that also get you the OBCs or $100 deposit (or do you already have FCDs)?

and us too - got burned bad by not having enough FCDs!

My apologies for not being clear...I do not book a cruise onboard but do purchase FCDs either through P@S or by dropping off a paper copy of the FCD application form in the future cruise consultant's dropbox.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yes, there will be a person selling future cruises. Look in the Patter for the time and place. You get the lower down payment and OBC. You can also get the same benefit by purchasing a Future Cruise Credit.

THANK YOU! I did know about the Future Cruise Credit, but DIDN'T understand that I could book a future cruise aboard and get the lower down payment and OBC if the cruise is at least 3 days! I won't know the 2018 schedule later than April when I cruise, might ask the TA is she allowed advance information about future cruises, and if so, can she recommend a date to book to a current customer to book aboard then transfer the booking to her. I'd need to reserve the Handicapped Accessible Window Suite so a 3 night cruise between Melbourne-Adelaide or vice versa, or Melbourne-Sydney or vice versa are my main options at this time. If I need to, I'll book a 2 night cruise between those ports, just doesn't seem practical to use a Future Cruise Credit as I'd miss out with On Board Credit. Have I misunderstood a benefit, I am a 1st time Cruiser, so could easily have misunderstood a benefit?

Dori, Lakeland FL

We never book onboard. Just purchase FCC's and book when we get home. ;)

Try and keep at least 3 on the books at all times.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We always buy at least 3 fcc's each, but we've only booked a cruise while onboard twice. The first time a really great sale started so we booked onboard, and the booking was turned over to our travel agent. During our May 15th Ruby Alaska cruise the bookings for the 28 day LA/Tahiti roundtrip sailing opened, and we booked immediately because we wanted a specific cabin. The cruise consultant was surprised that our travel agency already had a lower price group price than Princess offered. That's one of the reasons we use that company!