Cabana's @Labadee - are they nuts?

So we've been to Labadee several times over the years and we always got a cabana. On our last trip there the only reason we got one was because we shared it with my sister and her BF so splitting the cost made it palatable. Today DW was looking at the price for our upcoming cruise on the Freedom. $400USD or about $550 CAN. Sorry Royal, but you're a little off base there. In no universe is 6 hours in a hut worth that kind of money. I could book a 3 day cruise on the Enchantment for about less than double that amount.

Now I know why so many of the cabanas were empty the last few times we visited Labadee.

I agree. Unless you split the cost with two other couples, the cost is outrageous. We prefer not to share a cabana and we would be paying Canadian dollars as well. Complete rip off so no cabana in our future!

My wife and I did a 4 night cruise on Liberty for $500 for the both of us. I can't imagine spending 400 on a hut for a few hours. However, putting the price in Canadian dollars isn't really fair for judging price. Your dollar is weaker and that makes royal prices higher to you now but that doesn't mean they are that high for everyone. Royal certainly isn't gonna adjust price for that because your currency is weak. That is just the cost of coming to the US for vacation. The Brits, brexit and all, still enjoy a nice discount in the US. And

For me it is expensive to go there for a vacation.

yeah, we used to get an OTW for $350 and split with friends. Now at $500 we will NEVER get one again. insanity.

We had one last Augist for about $250 but did not get one last month at $450! However they do sell out so looks like they can charge what they like if people are fool enough or rich enough to pay it.

So we've been to Labadee several times over the years and we always got a cabana. On our last trip there the only reason we got one was because we shared it with my sister and her BF so splitting the cost made it palatable. Today DW was looking at the price for our upcoming cruise on the Freedom. $400USD or about $550 CAN. Sorry Royal, but you're a little off base there. In no universe is 6 hours in a hut worth that kind of money. I could book a 3 day cruise on the Enchantment for about less than double that amount.

Now I know why so many of the cabanas were empty the last few times we visited Labadee.

Not sure who is nuts, the people who price them or the people who pay the price. Labadee had nothing for us, we stayed onboard.

Value is in the eyes of the beholder. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is correct. We get an over the water cabana on the suite beach every time we go to Labadee. For us, it's worth it. If it's not worth it to you, cool beans.

Germ

Not sure who is nuts, the people who price them or the people who pay the price. Labadee had nothing for us, we stayed onboard.

Not even the overcooked burgers and dry chicken at the buffet on the beach? Or maybe the flavorless fruit salad? :rolleyes:

I also like staying on the ship at Labadee. I've found people get tired of Labadee around 1 or 2 though, so you have to pack in all the mostly-empty-ship adventures into the morning :)

I am glad we got to experience a cabana on Labadee back in 2013 for $175.00 (Hillside). We were upgraded to one on Barefoot Beach for no extra cost including getting the gold wrist band and eating the upgraded lunch. I say that I said am glad because I will not pay the current prices, even though we enjoyed the day very much! :cool: