Can't bring soda on board anymore

lixogab

You miss the point.

Letting it run your life is an amazing thing.

Drinking enough pop that not having it is a problem is...... a problem.

I'll guess that we shouldn't delve into the problem of drinking diet pop.

It's influencing their choice of vacation, it's hardly running their life. I wonder how many cancellations NCL would have had if they had said that people could cancel without penalty because of the new policy?

The smuggling was related to those that replaced the wine with other, stronger alcoholic beverages using the processes people had been describing in the previous few posts.

Ah, yes, re-reading your post, I see that I missed your meaning about the wine bottle contents - sorry! :o However, as someone else commented, you aren't limited to just 2 bottles of wine as far as I am aware. :)

Ah, yes, re-reading your post, I see that I missed your meaning about the wine bottle contents - sorry! :o However, as someone else commented, you aren't limited to just 2 bottles of wine as far as I am aware. :)

I brought on 4 bottles.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

A few years back I posted some issues I was having on cruise critic from onboard an NCL cruise whilst in the Owners suite. The morning after I returned from the cruise NCL called my home. They were able to find my real name and phone number to contact me. This is how I know they are on these boards so I am not "paranoid" as someone had put in their post.

If you were posting while on ship and said the name of the ship, it doesn't take much to figure out which client is in one of the 2 owner's suites. If you were complaining" re issues" on board as well, it takes 19 seconds to figure out who you are.

Pretty sure most cruise lines have someone reading their boards just as hotels follow TripAdvisor. Sometimes (rarely) you'll see a reply on CC . But to suggest that they troll and use fake names to make positive comments is a streeeeeetch.

If you were posting while on ship and said the name of the ship, it doesn't take much to figure out which client is in one of the 2 owner's suites. If you were complaining" re issues" on board as well, it takes 19 seconds to figure out who you are.

Pretty sure most cruise lines have someone reading their boards just as hotels follow TripAdvisor. Sometimes (rarely) you'll see a reply on CC . But to suggest that they troll and use fake names to make positive comments is a streeeeeetch.

Officially as part of their job, yes, that's a stretch.

Doing it on their own time, I can totally believe that. Never underestimate what a zealous employee will do for their company (just look what zealous customers can do;)).

I thought bringing water bottles on board was a security issue? ARE YOU NOT SCARED FOR YOUR LIFE! Clearly this is a major breach in security protocol.

yes. Im quaking in my boots. Actually, on my floor cuz it is too hot for boots!

I honestly thought when they said "security" that they meant it takes too long to check out all the water bottles in their secret security x-ray naughty headquarters somewhere in the bowels of the beast.

Officially as part of their job, yes, that's a stretch.

Doing it on their own time, I can totally believe that. Never underestimate what a zealous employee will do for their company (just look what zealous customers can do;)).

I think that on the NCL boards the UNDER zealous outnumber the overzealous.

And as for employees in their spare time? Must be land-based cuz the internet stinks on NCL!! Except fot that new ZIPPY high speed internet that is going fleetwide by July. or December. or 2018.

I guess NCL is treating us like our parents used to.... "Do as I say, not as I do...." Either everyone can bring water or nobody can.. I guess they think NCL employees won't never, ever, breach their security :rolleyes: Thanks NCL.. Way to set the example

I thought bringing water bottles on board was a security issue? ARE YOU NOT SCARED FOR YOUR LIFE! Clearly this is a major breach in security protocol.

I'm not belittling them. Their favorite pop is no concern to me.

I am aghast that pop has such control over someone's life.

The idea that pop is a deal-breaker for a cruise is just scary.

Plus, we are trying to get this stupid thread to 4000 posts so really...any post helps the cause.

Actually, your point and mine aren't that different- this shouldn't be such a big deal. Bringing a soda onboard is a small thing that makes me happy, has no beaing on any of my fellow passengers and costs NCL exactly $0.00 since I have no intentions of buying Pepsi products.

Actually, there are some who won't drink anything but their preferred brand. My DH only drank Kona coffee and, yes, we brought it with us and made it on the ship (the butler used to bring us the small, 4 cup pot). So, it's not ridiculous at all.

I think, since you don't have those strong preferences, that it sounds that way to you.

Everyone is entitled to like what they want.

Yes they are...but they are not entitled to think every company needs to cater to their specific wants. The companies can't please everyone and every change they make is sure to make someone unhappy with them. In this case there are plenty of other included options. If you can't live without your specific preference for a few days then really that is your problem not the cruise lines. Find an alternative (even if it costs you more) or move on to another cruise line that now fits your needs better. You are the consumer and it is your responsibility to cater to your own specific wants, not the cruise lines.

And to help stir things up a little, crew are allowed to bring on packs of water. a6effffce5ae4c74d8343f509c991730.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I can see two water six pack. Is that person in front with the white t-shirt staff to? Or is it a guest, bringing water? And finaly...did they take this on bord the ship?

If they took it......than NCL has to answer a few questions more!

I just saw on the german NCL site the overall pricelist...2,95$ plus tax for bottled water:eek: for that i can get 6 bottles from Aldi. I can understand that NCL has to make some money...but thats to much.

If we are (Germany, Swiss, Austria, we are the guineapig:D for this kind of new regulation) going to book a cruise, now we have the Premium Beverage Package that incl. 2 1l bottles of water pro cabin.

If we would like to have more, we would have to buy some:rolleyes:. The price for the cruise is going up...therefore there should be water included.

But life is not a wishconcert;) and everybody can make a choice.....cruising with NCL under these new regulations or not.

The discussion Coke or Pepsi is something strange to me.

Greetings from sunny Cologne

Marie

Yes they are...but they are not entitled to think every company needs to cater to their specific wants. The companies can't please everyone and every change they make is sure to make someone unhappy with them. In this case there are plenty of other included options. If you can't live without your specific preference for a few days then really that is your problem not the cruise lines. Find an alternative (even if it costs you more) or move on to another cruise line that now fits your needs better. You are the consumer and it is your responsibility to cater to your own specific wants, not the cruise lines.

I would agree except we are talking about a company in the hospitality industry and they are supposed to cater to the customer's specific wants as much as they can. When people are spending thousands for a vacation they expect that their wants and needs are going to be catered to. Obviously they can't carry every kind of soda but they did use to accommodate guests by allowing a limited quantity of soft drinks to be brought onboard. Now, if we were really talking a security issue here then it would be different, but we all know that we aren't.

I'll repeat it, I think NCL seriously underestimated their customers on this one.

I would agree except we are talking about a company in the hospitality industry and they are supposed to cater to the customer's specific wants as much as they can. When people are spending thousands for a vacation they expect that their wants and needs are going to be catered to. Obviously they can't carry every kind of soda but they did use to accommodate guests by allowing a limited quantity of soft drinks to be brought onboard. Now, if we were really talking a security issue here then it would be different, but we all know that we aren't.

I'll repeat it, I think NCL seriously underestimated their customers on this one.

I honestly don't think they did. Yes there are a few vocal people on these boards and a couple have said they are even canceling or not booking future cruises. I don't think that number is very large in the grand scheme of things. Look at the reports coming back from the ports. It seems there is not the big fuss as some assumed there would be about the new policy. In fact, there doesn't seem to be any fuss at all. As I have said before, it seems a few vocal people are trying to make mountains out of mole hills and many others just aren't buying it.

Wasn't it Abe Lincoln who said that "you can please some of the people all of the time or all of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time?" Just a thought....plus keeping this thread going!:D

Very well played! How true it is!

If you can't live without your specific preference for a few days then really that is your problem not the cruise lines. Find an alternative (even if it costs you more) or move on to another cruise line that now fits your needs better. You are the consumer and it is your responsibility to cater to your own specific wants, not the cruise lines.

That's the point, isn't it? We are scheduled to leave on July 30. We booked in January with the understanding that we could bring on our preferred product. We found out at the beginning of July (WELL after final payment) that that policy would change as of July 15. We will likely make a different choice on our next vacation. The irritation for us is that the change was made with no flexibility for the people who were past the point of being able to make a change (without losing the money we paid). Would we have? I don't know. It would have depended on the other cruises available, but with the way NCL made the change, I didn't have that option. It's certainly not going to impact this vacation. We are still going to have a phenomenal time. But, NCL will likely not be our first choice going forward.

Edited by Newfun4me

That's the point, isn't it? We are scheduled to leave on July 30. We booked in January with the understanding that we could bring on our preferred product. We found out at the beginning of July (WELL after final payment) that that policy would change as of July 15. We will likely make a different choice on our next vacation. The irritation for us is that the change was made with no flexibility for the people who were past the point of being able to make a change (without losing the money we paid). Would we have? I don't know. It would have depended on the other cruises available, but with the way NCL made the change, I didn't have that option. It's certainly not going to impact this vacation. We are still going to have a phenomenal time. But, NCL will likely not be our first choice going forward.

And that is your choice as the consumer and I say go have fun on whatever line you choose. Since I am not brand loyal, I make decisions based every time we cruise based on what currently is, you can't go by what was since they are all constantly changing. Can they make changes? Yes and it does suck how NCL implemented this change for a few people. But I really don't think it matters to the vast majority (especially with many having UBP promo packages), as seen by recent reports at the ports, and I think that is what NCL was counting on. All something to keep in mind when making future cruise decisions.

I honestly don't think they did. Yes there are a few vocal people on these boards and a couple have said they are even canceling or not booking future cruises. I don't think that number is very large in the grand scheme of things. Look at the reports coming back from the ports. It seems there is not the big fuss as some assumed there would be about the new policy. In fact, there doesn't seem to be any fuss at all. As I have said before, it seems a few vocal people are trying to make mountains out of mole hills and many others just aren't buying it.

If it's not an issue for you then it's not, but you telling someone that it is an issue for that they shouldn't have an issue because you don't have an issue doesn't make it so. I am not seriously impacted by this but I will certainly be keeping it in mind when I book my future cruises (and I can see why it is an issue for some). Just because people aren't making a fuss doesn't mean it's not an issue for them (I know that I wouldn't make a fuss at the port since the people at the port have nothing to do with the policy and can't change it).