Wait list process

mfanderso

What is the wait list process. If someone cancels a cabin for a category that is wait listed, does that cabin go back into online inventory to be booked by others or does it go into a special inventory until the waitlists are cleared before making it available to general public?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is the wait list process. If someone cancels a cabin for a category that is wait listed, does that cabin go back into online inventory to be booked by others or does it go into a special inventory until the waitlists are cleared before making it available to general public?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There have been posts on CC that say that people on the waitlist saw available cabins online and were not called.

Its always best to keep checking availability.

We've been told that you have to be waitlisted for a specific cabin...not a general category....It's really going to be up to you to keep checking, over and over, and over....

We waitlisted for "mini suites" - I don't remember if it was every mini suite category or more general in just mini suites. It was not per cabin.

Ironically I saw the same mini suite listed as open as I had for my next 2 legs, quickly called and got it. I was not called when cabins opened up.

Be pro-active and keep looking. Don't count on Princess.

Edited by Coral

We were never contacted in any way--no e-mail' date=' no call, no snail mail.

I do get snail mail ads from Princess about twice a week and e-mail ads quite regularly.[/quote']

We were never contacted either. Princess even commented to me that their waitlist process doesn't work well.

Were you first on the wait list? If there are people ahead of you, they'll get notified first.

Correct - but it should not go open to general public until everyone on the waitlist has had a chance to either get the cabin or turn down the cabin.

Were you first on the wait list? If there are people ahead of you, they'll get notified first.

Not if someone looks online and sees the cabin is available.

On some other thread someone posted that the matching of waitlist names to newly available cabins is done by humans, not computer. And the humans are the ones that work on the USA West coast and do not get to work until 8 AM or so Pacific time during the week. So if a cabin becomes available before the humans get to work and can process wait list requests, anyone who spots it on the Internet can grab it.

We were never contacted either. Princess even commented to me that their waitlist process doesn't work well.

Correct - but it should not go open to general public until everyone on the waitlist has had a chance to either get the cabin or turn down the cabin.

Agree totally--I should never have been able to see a cabin that fit our request on line. It should not have been posted on line until anyone on the waitlist had been given a chance to book it or turn it down.

If you're on the wait list, don't wait for a call whether it's Princess or your TA. Keep checking. I was once on a wait list and was something like #104 on the list. I was checking on something with my TA who was multitasking on the phone with her contact at Princess at the same time for someone else. My TA discovered a cabin was suddenly available and asked me if I wanted it. Yup.