Sip and Sail price reduction question

chamima

I'm looking at a couple of winter 2018 cruises on the Royal and the prices right now are outrageous. (Around $5800 for an aft balcony for 10 days)

I wasn't going to book because I assumed that if there were a price reduction I'd then lose the drink package.

Anyone have any experience with a price reduction for a 2016 or 2017 cruise that originally had the Sip and Sail from last summer?

Thanks!

I'm looking at a couple of winter 2018 cruises on the Royal and the prices right now are outrageous. (Around $5800 for an aft balcony for 10 days)

I wasn't going to book because I assumed that if there were a price reduction I'd then lose the drink package.

Anyone have any experience with a price reduction for a 2016 or 2017 cruise that originally had the Sip and Sail from last summer?

Thanks!

Yep, you've got it. When you rebook under the current promotion, you lose the old promotion. You just have to calculate how much the free drinks are going to be worth to you. Then if the price goes below that mark, you rebook.

You lose nothing if you place a deposit now under the current promotion then watch for better promotions. The sip n sail promotion is able to be combined with group rates so it's a win - win if your agent can find your voyage with group space available and extra on board credit!

I am going with a group in August to Alaska and several booked with the group rate and got the sip n sail package and we have never found a lower rate for them. This was a cruise tour and may not see the reductions an Caribbean cruise might have.

Yes - Once I got the current Sip-Sail and Specialty Dining offer, I pretty much planned on paying whatever the current prices are - Our cruise (which is at Christmas 2017) would have to come down substantially to lose the promos we now have - which in my mind won't happen! Still a good deal Im saving now!!

Edited by califgary

Exactly. I called last week because I'd noticed a $50 PP price reduction. Princess would have been happy to rebook me at the lower rate' date=' but I'd lose a $75 pp OBC. That was a no-brainer. Of course I didn't rebook.[/quote']

I noticed a $200 pp price reduction on our upcoming New England cruise. I called our TA and they said that we would have to forfeit our $900 OBC. I said no way! Two weeks ago our TA called and said that our cruise was now $1000 cheaper and we qualify for the free gratuities (Red/White/Blue sale). That's around $1300 price break! I said do it! We did not have to make final payment and we got $500 refunded to our credit card. This is the first time this has happened to us. What a deal! Also, we booked using our Discover card and got an additional 5% cash back on that. Don't give up hope there really is a refund fairy! Also got the Red/White/Blue free gratuity on our Royal Princess cruise.:p

Edited by elliair

Thanks!

I didn't book the with promo last year but had the same question as you. I called my TA the other day and asked if she thought other promos would come up soon as I thought the pricing was high. She said that historically they have run OBC and similar ones during the sip and sail timeframe. I am going hold out and see want comes up in the next few weeks.

I didn't book the with promo last year but had the same question as you. I called my TA the other day and asked if she thought other promos would come up soon as I thought the pricing was high. She said that historically they have run OBC and similar ones during the sip and sail timeframe. I am going hold out and see want comes up in the next few weeks.

Recent posts from some sources that I consider credible say that sometime this month there'll be a 3 for Free promotion overlapping the S+S. That would include the current Red, White & Blue promotion's free gratuities and add a free specialty dinner & a cabin category upgrade.

The S+S isn't valid for inside & oceanview cabins which hopefully will be included in a 3 for Free promotion. To get the free AIBP on our next cruise we'd have to move from our inside cabin to a balcony resulting in the cost doubling.

We currently have free gratuities (nearly $200/pp) and hopefully there's a 3 for Free to add a specialty dinner & a one cabin category upgrade. :)

Hi: I just booked under the sip n sale offer a Princess cruise for Dec 19, 2017. Receiving 10% of cruise price which i will use to pay my gratuities, also comes with the drink package. Not sure if will get a better deal later on, but thought this was good. I had researched the price for this cruise and this offer was best for same price. This is an Asia cruise, 21 days on Saphire. Room is 618 on Caribe deck. Any info on cabin? Anyone else booking so far out? thanks,

We just booked the Sip and Sail promo for a Med Cruise in 2017. Can anyone tell me how much the all inclusive beverage package for 3 is worth?

Depends on the length of your cruise. Also, the 3rd person in a cabin does not usually get the all inclusive beverage package but rather the soda and more package. Please read the fine print just to be sure!

We booked the sip and sale promotion last year for our British isle cruise for July 2016. There was a price drop of $1000/pp. so yes we rebooked with the new price but lost the sip and sail..

We booked the sip and sale promotion last year for our British isle cruise for July 2016. There was a price drop of $1000/pp. so yes we rebooked with the new price but lost the sip and sail..

Thank you Ours is a seven day cruise and the promotion also includes one specialty dinner for two Just trying to find out how much the Sip and Sail will be worth. Over the years we have been able to switch to a lower fare many times, but I've never had to worry about rebooking due to a promo.

Thank you Ours is a seven day cruise and the promotion also includes one specialty dinner for two Just trying to find out how much the Sip and Sail will be worth. Over the years we have been able to switch to a lower fare many times, but I've never had to worry about rebooking due to a promo.

The Sip&Sail is worth $55 per day per person, so multiply that by the nights on your cruise to get your exact value. The specialty restaurant dinner for 2 is worth $50 total. Of course, the drink package is only worth it if you will use it, but we had the Sip&Sail for our British Isles cruise and did get value for it, despite the long port days. It includes sodas, bottled water, specialty coffees, fresh squeezed juices, smoothies, and of course cocktails and beer and wine. Hard to find anything on the ship that was over the maximum drink price.

Thanks!

I remember reading complaints about Celebrity pricing when they started to include the drink package. I think Princess has really inflated the prices far more than Celebrity.

I'm looking at a couple of winter 2018 cruises on the Royal and the prices right now are outrageous.

Ha - this is the same thing as, say, going to a department store and seeing a "50% OFF" sale sign. Sounds like a great deal until you realize they exhorbitantly jacked up the starting price to make up for the sale price, fooling a large segment of the population. Welcome to capitalism! ;-)

We are doing the All Inclusive Beverage Package in November for 14 nights. Our Reservations and Purchase show $788.90 Complimentary Gift

which comes out to $56.35 per day. These prices are per person.

Here is what shows for the Cancellation policy beneath:

Cancellation Policy: You may cancel 72 hours before your cruise for full refund. Complimentary gifts are non-transferable and do not follow guests who change promotions prior to cruising. The gift is not redeemable for cash and expires at the end of the voyage.

Ha - this is the same thing as, say, going to a department store and seeing a "50% OFF" sale sign. Sounds like a great deal until you realize they exhorbitantly jacked up the starting price to make up for the sale price, fooling a large segment of the population. Welcome to capitalism! ;-)

Just so you (and everyone else) know - we DID book a fall 2017 cruise with the drink package that is the same price as the same cruise for 2016 where we do NOT have a drink package.

I was not trying to saying that all of the cruises with the package had the prices jacked up. That is NOT the case. Many are priced reasonably and the same as before this promotion.

I was only asking about the possibility of keeping the package if the price went down.

That was answered clearly several posts ago - we'd lose the package - just as I thought.

Recent posts from some sources that I consider credible say that sometime this month there'll be a 3 for Free promotion overlapping the S+S. That would include the current Red, White & Blue promotion's free gratuities and add a free specialty dinner & a cabin category upgrade.

The S+S isn't valid for inside & oceanview cabins which hopefully will be included in a 3 for Free promotion. To get the free AIBP on our next cruise we'd have to move from our inside cabin to a balcony resulting in the cost doubling.

We currently have free gratuities (nearly $200/pp) and hopefully there's a 3 for Free to add a specialty dinner & a one cabin category upgrade. :)

This is good to know. Keeping my fingers crossed for a better deal. Thanks!

Just so you (and everyone else) know - we DID book a fall 2017 cruise with the drink package that is the same price as the same cruise for 2016 where we do NOT have a drink package.

I was not trying to saying that all of the cruises with the package had the prices jacked up. That is NOT the case. Many are priced reasonably and the same as before this promotion.

I was only asking about the possibility of keeping the package if the price went down.

That was answered clearly several posts ago - we'd lose the package - just as I thought.

I had already booked our cruise for 2018 when the drink package promotion came out. We were able to combine it with what we had booked. No fare increase either, it was able to be combined with our group rate. Not all fares are increased for this sale. I would of pushed paper to pencil to come up with the best deal.

Glad you got one booked. Now just sit back and wait to see if prices go down enough to warrant losing the beverage package. If I see a large enough price drop I would change but we have a 14 night cruise. It's going to have to go down quite a bit or have some other perks. We managed to get the specialty dining as well.