Cruise Parking at the Port of Miami

I'm cruising from the Port of Miami this weekend and this will be our first time driving to the port. Can anyone provide parking info (I.e facilities, costs, safety)? If parking isn't available near the port which would be good off site alternatives?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this. Wasn't sure where to ask the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-transportation.asp

I recommend parking at the port. While not cheap it is easy and safe .... use the tunnel to enter the port

How%20to%20Use%20the%20Tunnel.JPG

Thanks for posting this. I don't mind paying a few extra bucks to keep our car secure.

Edited by stones902

I'm cruising from the Port of Miami this weekend and this will be our first time driving to the port. Can anyone provide parking info (I.e facilities, costs, safety)? If parking isn't available near the port which would be good off site alternatives?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this. Wasn't sure where to ask the question.

park at the port. best option.

You may like to ask your question on the Florida Departure board. Many good answers there. Even though I lived in Miami 27 years, I could never find a good/safe place to park near the port.

We used to use off-site parking in Miami, with varying degrees of success. We finally got tired of the hassle, dirty vans with little or no air conditioning, crazy Miami van drivers, and fighting rude people to get on the van at the end of the cruise, and now just park at the port. We looked at the actual cost difference and figured out how many spins of a roulette wheel (him) or hands of three-card poker (me) it would take to make up the difference; the answer was, "One or two", and that put it into perspective for us.

We always have parked at the port. Currently it is $20.00 per day. We looked into parking off site once and yes, it is less expensive, but you could end up waiting forever for their shuttles to pick you up. We felt the savings not worth the hassles.

Parking a Port of Miami is directly across the street and very convenient. It is more costly than at FLL for instance, but it is what it is at $20 per day. Off site parking is not very convenient at Port of Miami. Unlike at Port Everglades where the off site parking is only minutes away, in Miami it is closer to the airport and that is NOT nearby.

When we sail from Miami for short cruises 3-5 days we park at the garage by the port; when we have a longer cruise from there we take car service or a taxi from home and leave our car in our garage.

We always have parked at the port. Currently it is $20.00 per day. We looked into parking off site once and yes, it is less expensive, but you could end up waiting forever for their shuttles to pick you up. We felt the savings not worth the hassles.

That's what I was wondering - $20 day. I suppose the convenience and safety is worth it. I travel to relax - not get stressed out.

http://www.cruiseconnection.travel/rates/

Make your cruise an even more relaxing experience. Pack your bags and meet us at one of our convenient pick-up points, recline your seat and enjoy a stress-free ride to the port. No worries about car trouble, finding your way, fighting traffic or paying for parking at the port. (And you’re free to take a pre-cruise nap.)

Travel one-way with us, or we’ll pick you up at the conclusion of your cruise and return you to your departure point.

ESCOT Bus Lines is a family-owned company, in the same family since 1983. We’ve been awarded the highest ratings possible by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and the U.S. Department of Defense.

Cruise Connection by ESCOT is the official long distance carrier in Florida for Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, MSC Cruises and Norwegian Cruise Lines.