Another positive post about RC ;-)

I was one of The Displaced in the Empress chaos.

I chose to take seven nights on the Enchantment in exchange for my nine nights on the Empress.

Just about the only concession that RC offered was to pay my airfare change fee.

I submitted my paperwork immediately, and waited.

After 9 weeks, I decided to write to RC and ask about my refund.

I almost immediately received a phone call from "Anna" at RC.

She asked me to re-send her the documentation and said that she would put through the refund immediately. She apologized profusely for the delay.

She asked if there was anything further that she could do. I say what I always say in these circumstances. I told her that she could upgrade me on my next cruise.

Boy, was I shocked when she asked for my booking number.

She returned and said that she regretted that she could not (the cruise seems to be sold out, so I wasn't really expecting her to say "yes" ;) ) (I should have given her the booking number for a cruise that I *didn't* know was sold out!), but she was so sorry that I had had to wait so long for my refund that she was putting OBC on that next cruise!

So, RC did a nice thing.

:)

We have a nice story too. We were part of the Rhapsody cancelled cruise bunch. We had a B2B out of Cape Liberty for next May. We received an email stating 200 OBC for booking replacement cruises. We had free grats on the B2B totaling 190 OBC each cruise.

When DH called to find out about the free grats OBC, he was told that the 200 would replace the 190. In other words, just 10 more than we had.:(

Well, we picked out new cruises about a week later and then they said they would protect our original OBC plus the 200. Then they said that they didn't have a 190 OBC so had to up that to 200. Bottom line, we got 400 OBC for both new cruises. We were very pleasantly surprised:)

I wish I had something to add. I mailed a letter regarding our experience on the May 28 sailing of the Empress four weeks ago today and have had no response whatsoever.

I sent an email regarding a booking problem to RCI and had a response the very same day via phone with a good resolution. If you're interested I'll post the addresses I sent to

I wish I had something to add. I mailed a letter regarding our experience on the May 28 sailing of the Empress four weeks ago today and have had no response whatsoever.

Email me for help with contact information.

Why are you trying to spin a 9 week turnaround as a positive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was a very sly and devious plan to get your goat and lo and behold...:eek:. She never ceases to amaze. :D

Nice to read a positive post, happy for you Merion_Mom.

I bet you don't know how to make lemonade:rolleyes:

And Pencil is probably too young to make margaritas. :rolleyes::D

I sent Pencil to his room yesterday :eek::eek:

Probably needs a longer time out next time. :D

~ Judy

I was on Empress cancellation and RCCL was extremely helpful with refunds, new bookings, extra OBC, etc. On the other hand when NCL cancelled my cruise nothing but problems, many calls, emails, lots of effort to get rebooked, OBC, etc.

Why are you trying to spin a 9 week turnaround as a positive?

you seem to be the font of negativity, especially directed at particular posters. That seems to me, to be unusual for a new member of the forum...

Welcome to Cruise Critic. It is awesome to have you "back".:D:D:eek:

Just sayin

JC

you seem to be the font of negativity, especially directed at particular posters. That seems to me, to be unusual for a new member of the forum...

Welcome to Cruise Critic. It is awesome to have you "back".:D:D:eek:

Just sayin

JC

My comment was specifically related to the facts presented. You seem to launching a personal attack.

I guess 9 weeks for a response is acceptable if RCI makes their apology with free money.