AmaWaterways Revamps Chefs Table

Host Jazzbeau

News item from Cruise Critic:

AmaWaterways Adds New Life to its Chefs Table

AmaWaterways has revamped the menu in its 28-person Chef's Table restaurant. The reinvented concept will feature a true tasting menu, with three appetizers, a sorbet intermezzo, three main courses and three desserts. The restaurant will continue to have a demonstration kitchen where passengers can watch the chefs prepare food, as well as regional wine pairings. The Chef's Table is included in the fare.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7122

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

News item from Cruise Critic:

AmaWaterways Adds New Life to its Chefs Table

AmaWaterways has revamped the menu in its 28-person Chef's Table restaurant. The reinvented concept will feature a true tasting menu, with three appetizers, a sorbet intermezzo, three main courses and three desserts. The restaurant will continue to have a demonstration kitchen where passengers can watch the chefs prepare food, as well as regional wine pairings. The Chef's Table is included in the fare.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7122

Thanks for the update!

I am not sure how I feel about this. It was pretty special just the way it was.

It was very good indeed, but the choices were limited and some people may be felt limiting. This way there are so many courses that you can safely skip one that doesn't appeal and still have more food than you can eat!

Hi, just got back from a cruise on the AmaSerena. The new chefs table menu was terrific. It truly is a real tasting menu. It was a lot of fun to taste several appetizers, main courses and of course it was great having three desserts. On a prior AmaWaterway cruise we did not go to the chefs table for dinner. We looked at the menu and it did not appeal to us. With the new concept, even if you don't like one of the items, there's a pretty good chance you will enjoy the other items. Also, there was one item on the main course that I did not care for, so they offered to give me two portions of one of the other items or to substitute it with something else. Can't really comment on the old menu, but I can tell you everybody that we spoke to on the cruise loved their dining experience at the chefs table.

Do you sign up on board for the chefs table or do you reserve ahead of time?

I will be sailing in September.

Thanks....Elaine

Go to reception desk to sign up. Easy peasy. You can even go first night if you wish.

Maybe I have lost my mind:eek:.....(possible) but I swear we had a tasting

menu in April...........I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Chef's Table:D:D:D

To those who have not been? I would HIGHLY recommend it.:)

[ATTACH]389641[/ATTACH] I'm posting from my iPhone so bear with me. Here is the menu from AmaSonata for this week. Everyone is raving about the experience, myself included. Here are pictures of the food presentation. [ATTACH]389642[/ATTACH][ATTACH]389644[/ATTACH][ATTACH]389645[/ATTACH]

The room itself is gorgeous. I want to point out that there were no tablecloths but placemats used. (Referring to another thread)

Thx. Leaving Monday pm for the AMADagio. Can't wait

Carole

I am boarding the AMASerena in one week! Very excited about the revamped Chef's table. Can you go more than once? Any suggestions on which night to go?

Maureen

No idea what the AMA policy is, but on lines like Regent, when there have been capacity limited dining options we have always found that getting in quickly on the first night is never a bad thing as you then have the rest of the cruise to try for a 2nd opportunity ...

I am boarding the AMASerena in one week! Very excited about the revamped Chef's table. Can you go more than once? Any suggestions on which night to go?

Maureen

On our September trip we were able to go once on the one-week cruise and twice on the two-week cruise. The menu did change from week one to week two. We only went on week one and there were some empty seats on the night that we dined. I doubt they would turn you away if there were empty seats.

Maureen

Hi Maureen:)...I sailed in April and everyone was given the opportunity

to dine there but I do remember it was a one time only thing. As for when

to go, I would speak with the Maitr'd. He was very kind and helpful.

Maureen

My suggestion is to look at your daily schedule and choose a night that does not have any other event scheduled. Then book as soon as you are able after boarding as the good times are quickly taken. Apparently AMA frowns on latecomers. One couple booked the first night but that was the same night as the Octoberfest and they went to that first, arriving late at the Chef's Table. They had to reschedule.

Edited by purduemom1

Thanks for all the great advice! I did think about the Octoberfest and concluded another evening would be better. I am going to look through the schedule again to see which nights would be best.

I am a foodie so I am pretty excited about the Chef's table!

Maureen

Thanks for all the great advice! I did think about the Octoberfest and concluded another evening would be better. I am going to look through the schedule again to see which nights would be best.

I am a foodie so I am pretty excited about the Chef's table!

Maureen

You are welcome. Bon Voyage-AMA is an awesome cruise line!

Sharon