Mitsugirly is cruising on a ship with no passengers

mitsugirly

LOL

There is seriously no roll call for the date we are going on the Fascination. :eek: I don't think I have ever seen this before in all the cruises we have been on over the last 6 years.

Is it the ship being older? Is it the time of year? (I also noticed for the other 3 roll calls that month there's only a handful (and I mean like 4-9ish people) on those rolls calls.

What gives? :p

I guess you all will be getting a full picture review of me roaming the ship completely empty this time around. :p :D

Short cruise?

Many of the short cruises out of Los Angeles have no roll call.

We've actually sailed on an almost empty ship. It was odd. 188 pax on the HAL Amsterdam back in 2003.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My roll call for the Fantasy in September is pretty dead too. I started it when I booked in May and there's only four people that have posted at all. With the other ways to connect pre-cruise these days I think fewer folks especially newbies rely on CC to meet fellow cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short cruise?

Many of the short cruises out of Los Angeles have no roll call.

We've actually sailed on an almost empty ship. It was odd. 188 pax on the HAL Amsterdam back in 2003.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Nope, 7 day cruise out of San Juan with 5 port stops. :eek: :D It would be nice if this isn't a sold out ship and not many people on there.

My roll call for the Fantasy in September is pretty dead too. I started it when I booked in May and there's only four people that have posted at all. With the other ways to connect pre-cruise these days I think fewer folks especially newbies rely on CC to meet fellow cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. I do realize that it's a very small percentage of cruisers that even know what CC is, but man, I've never had this before. Super weird.

I have noticed smaller roll call numbers for the shorter cruises also. And the conversations on the roll calls were geared more towards sharing information than scheduling meet and greets and making friends. I suspect, the shorter cruises attract more 1st time cruisers (who are unaware of CC), and the short cruises don't allow as much free time for hanging out with new CC friends, as do the longer cruises.

We are doing the Sunshine to NE/Canada from NY and there is only 5-6 in the group and they never really post.

I even started a social site and only 3 there

Maybe it's the moon or something

We booked the Fantasy only about 3 months before sailing, and a roll call never popped up. Granted, it was a 4 day cruise.

However, for our December Magic cruise, we had a roll call and it's now gone. I even looked in my past commented posts ad it's gone from there. I'm guessing it was deleted?

We are also on the Fascination July 24th, ( DW, SIL & Myself).

You are right though, I have never seen such a low roll call.

The last cruise we did, there were name tags for all CC's who had joined, a meet n greet 1st day, lot's of private excursions choices to join.

Anyhow should be fun.

LOL

There is seriously no roll call for the date we are going on the Fascination. :eek: I don't think I have ever seen this before in all the cruises we have been on over the last 6 years.

Is it the ship being older? Is it the time of year? (I also noticed for the other 3 roll calls that month there's only a handful (and I mean like 4-9ish people) on those rolls calls.

I guess you all will be getting a full picture review of me roaming the ship completely empty this time around. :p :D

When are you cruising???

I would LOVE to do that itinerary, but not on that ship.:mad::mad:

But, I may have to change my mind....

So many new islands for us........

When are you cruising???

I would LOVE to do that itinerary, but not on that ship.:mad::mad:

But, I may have to change my mind....

So many new islands for us........

We are cruising Aug 14th. I don't know much about the ship, other than it's small and an older ship and it does have some of the upgrades, like the water park. But, I figured since there were 5 ports days, there's not going to be a whole lot of time spent on the ship to worry about what it might or might not have.

There will be 2 new islands for us and I'm super excited.

St Thomas-been there a few times and love it.

BARBADOS-never been and I'm super excited about this one.

ST LUCIA-never been here either and super excited as well.

St Kitts-went here a few months ago, but a second time around is ok with me

St Maarten-been there a few times but that's ok too. I always find something new to do. :D

Then as a plus, sailing out of San Juan I hope we get a chance to do a bunch of stuff there prior (and after) the cruise. Our first trip "to" San Juan was a few months ago and we didn't get a chance to see much (went to a local beach for the day). This time we're going 4 days prior and 1 day after. We plan on doing a bunch while there and it's going to be like a vacation before a vacation. :p

We are cruising Aug 14th. I don't know much about the ship, other than it's small and an older ship and it does have some of the upgrades, like the water park. But, I figured since there were 5 ports days, there's not going to be a whole lot of time spent on the ship to worry about what it might or might not have.

There will be 2 new islands for us and I'm super excited.

St Thomas-been there a few times and love it.

BARBADOS-never been and I'm super excited about this one.

ST LUCIA-never been here either and super excited as well.

St Kitts-went here a few months ago, but a second time around is ok with me

St Maarten-been there a few times but that's ok too. I always find something new to do. :D

Then as a plus, sailing out of San Juan I hope we get a chance to do a bunch of stuff there prior (and after) the cruise. Our first trip "to" San Juan was a few months ago and we didn't get a chance to see much (went to a local beach for the day). This time we're going 4 days prior and 1 day after. We plan on doing a bunch while there and it's going to be like a vacation before a vacation. :p

WOW!!!! That is going to be an AMAZING vacation!!!!!:D:D

Four days before and one day after? Jealous!!!!!:D

You are right........So port intensive, we shouldn't care about the ship.....

I may have to give it more thought.......

LOL

I have only had one roll call that was anywhere near active and that was our Gem cruise. Our roll call for the Fascination is fairly quiet but I hope with final payment date coming up it will pick up.

Edited by sparks1093

Mitsugirly,

We sailed the Fascination about 19 months ago - she's had a dry dock since then to update carpet and such. She was in excellent shape and that cruise still rates as one of my favorites! Her decor is a bit louder than some other ships (especially the Breeze), but I still like it. :) Can't wait to read about your adventures! We have stops in St. Kitts (1st time) and St. Maarten (2nd time, but really it's a first time. We were super sunburned on our last stop and did not feel up to doing much), so I'm excited to see what you decide to do!