Really ODD question

I have a really odd question that maybe those that are vets at cruising can help me on...or should I call RCL directly.

Dose anyone know what kind of soap RCL use to wash the sheets and towels in????

I ask because I can't use Tide, All or Cheer and I don't want to be like my last trip and walk around with big red marks all over me for the whole cruise. I am sailing on The Grandeur of the Seas in Nov. if that helps.

Thank you

Edited by kmdreamcatcher

I don't believe they would use a household brand name, but something industrial or something sold under a different name. So not sure if knowing the name would do you any good. It would most likely be the same as your last cruise, so pack some hydrocortisone cream incase you get it again, or bring your own sheet covers to be safe

You can inform them of any allergy with the Guest Special Needs Form.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/guestSpecialNeeds.do

They do not guarantee a allergy free environment, but can take some special measures.

I think Crystal is the only cruise line to have fully allergy friendly rooms.

Thank you I will get my TA on it right away.

DH is also very sensitive to soaps (Tide and All really mess him up). We only use A&H Free at home. However, he has never had an issue on any of our trips. He makes sure that the room is cool and his skin is dry before going to bed (to avoid the sheets getting damp). Don't know if this will hold true for you, but good luck!:D

I have a really odd question that maybe those that are vets at cruising can help me on...or should I call RCL directly.

I ask because I can't use Tide, All or Cheer and I don't want to be like my last trip and walk around with big red marks all over me for the whole cruise. I am sailing on The Grandeur of the Seas in Nov. if that helps.

Thank you

Thank you I will get my TA on it right away.

Seriously, if it's that important to you (and it seems to be), and you LIVE IN MARYLAND and will obviously be driving to port, just take your own.

We always bring our own pillow cases. Both my daughter and I are sensitive to something the hotels and ships use for laundry (my guess is bleach). My eyes get all red and weepy and eventually the skin on my face gets reddened and irritated.

We just stick them on right over the top of whatever is there. But make sure to pick a bright color if you do use your own....makes it easier not to forget them :eek: BTDT

Thank you

Hum.... Not questioning your post, I believe you... but my family seems to have a sorta of reaction to Tide but we use Cheer? I wonder what is common or difference between the two (or three).... why Tide doesn't work for us like you, but Cheer does... ODD...

If this is any indication, one of the Travel Channel or Smithsonian channel programs about Oasis of the Seas showed the laundry facilities, and in there, I think it showed that they were using detergent from ECOLAB. That was about six years ago, so it's possible they may have changed.

I am another one who is allergic to Tide. I bring my own pillow case and have had no issues with the linens on the ship. I also bring my own soap for the bathroom, including a liquid soap for hand washing. Whatever was in those little, rectangle bars was terribly irritating. The round bars seem to be a little better, but I still prefer to use my own.