Cabin location advice---yeah, I know, not very exciting!

SwimCarrie

Hello cruising fans!

I have a dilemma...4

We usually book mid-aft inside cabins on Caribe and have been quite pleased with them. We just booked a mid-forward cabin on Ruby Princess that is much more forward than I'm used to and is also now a connecting cabin.

Someone must have cancelled because a mid-aft Dolphin cabin has become available. But here's the rub...it butts up against a blank space, which I know is the mid-ship service elevator, but from what I remember, the elevator is on the opposite wall? I can't remember if there are also service stairs. There is also a blank area directly below on the Emerald deck.

To recap:

Mid-forward Caribe: Connecting stateroom, Fairly far forward, blank space below

Mid-aft Dolphin: Black space next to and below

Which would you choose????

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Hello cruising fans!

I have a dilemma...4

We usually book mid-aft inside cabins on Caribe and have been quite pleased with them. We just booked a mid-forward cabin on Ruby Princess that is much more forward than I'm used to and is also now a connecting cabin.

Someone must have cancelled because a mid-aft Dolphin cabin has become available. But here's the rub...it butts up against a blank space, which I know is the mid-ship service elevator, but from what I remember, the elevator is on the opposite wall? I can't remember if there are also service stairs. There is also a blank area directly below on the Emerald deck.

To recap:

Mid-forward Caribe: Connecting stateroom, Fairly far forward, blank space below

Mid-aft Dolphin: Black space next to and below

Which would you choose????

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

If the cabin shares a wall with an elevator shaft I would say no way!!

We have experienced the clanging of elevator cables/cars etc and its not good. :(

If the cabin shares a wall with an elevator shaft I would say no way!!

We have experienced the clanging of elevator cables/cars etc and its not good. :(

Bummer! My experience was different. I was next to an elevator on Crow Princess and the noise was never a problem

However, in general I would not choose a room next to an elevator. We did it for a great deal that was too good to miss and it worked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jennybenny

If you are booking an inside cabin, I would beware if the cabin can hold 3 or 4 people. Most insides on the Dolphin deck, the beds are on the walls not recessed in the ceiling. That would be a deal breaker for me.

Actual cabin numbers would be helpful.

I do agree with the above poster about the cabin configuration. An inside cabin that can accommodate 4 would never be my choice as the "extra" beds are folded up against the cabin walls and would be a total deal breaker for me.

When you look on the deck plan click to change the number of people in the cabin to 4. It will tell you if the cabin in question is one of those.

Passengers-4_zpsc8a6e921.jpg