HEY Celebrity rep!!~!!! Your July newsletter is here: Old World, New World

A Sixth?

If you EVER send me an email like this again I will NEVER cruise you again

Why on earth do you think an instant sound track (edit: apparently a movie with sound blaring... like I care ) embedded in my email would be a good idea??"??:mad::mad::mad:

Idiots

Try out the email yourselves fellow cruise dudes/dudettes

JULY_HERO_ENEWS.jpg

Go ahead and click... I double dog dare ya

http://view.email.celebritycruises.com/?j=fe7016717664007d7616&m=fe741570746504797615&ls=fdf21c7676630c7e7c157075&l=fe9a17747565037977&s=fe3916717164057f711676&jb=ff3015707c61&ju=fe36107476650578761573&allowMobile=y&ecid=em_21304032&rid=214012426&mes=Celebrity%20E-newsletter%20July%20EM&emsc=CPR0000000000EM&empf=Y&emct=&lnkid=VWSPLASH&r=0

Edited by A Sixth?

LOL ...

I just delete it after the initial view. Once can always 'unsubscribe' from X's promos, maybe that is a good option for the OP...

Just a thought.

bon voyage

Yes, he/she/it visits the board occasionally.

LOL about the Nigerian Prince!!!! :D:D

I actually found a cruise I'd love to do by watching the ad - the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix! :D Wow, that sounds wonderful. Love the Grand Prix cars and to go through the Suez Canal would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

sound track (edit: apparently a movie with sound blaring... like I care ) embedded in my email would be a good idea??"??:mad::mad::mad:

I guess none of you get it

The link automatically played in my email

I got exactly the same email, no "automatically played" sound track in my email. Maybe you ought to check your email settings!

It is amazing about some of the things people complain!

If you EVER send me an email like this again I will NEVER cruise you again

Wow that's pretty intense - to never cruise with someone again for sending an email with a video in it.

Hate to see what the reaction would be if they actually did something wrong on a cruise...

I didn't even know there was music. No auto music for me either. In fact, I had to search on your link to find something to play. :rolleyes:

We received something cool in the mail the other day. Looked like and felt like the weight of an iPad mini. When my DH started opening the package, a video started playing on a screen. It was a car ad for Mazda. Neat! Of course, I had to tear the thing apart to see what made that video work. Wires and batteries and a hard plastic screen. Must have cost Mazda a fortune to mail those things out.

Edited by Iamthesea

I don't mind "junk" email but this is too much

Not cool. :mad:

Mr. Sixth,

Sorry the add irritated you so badly. But, you have added a lot to CC, so we appreciate your posts. :)

I made the same complaint one before and got the same type of response from my "friends" her on CC. I also made the mistake of admitting that I read the email at work (which is allowed by my employer) and the noise created a problem. I got no sympathy either

I got exactly the same email, no "automatically played" sound track in my email. Maybe you ought to check your email settings!

Video in email is only supported by a few email clients at this time. iOS devices, Outlook.com, Apple Mail and Thunderbird 13 were the only ones supporting it the last time I checked. Gmail, Yahoo, the desktop Outlook clients that most corporations use, and most others do not support it. The fallback for those clients is that a static image is shown with a link to open the video in a browser.

I work for a marketing automation company that sends around 50 million email a week for our clients and we strongly urge our clients to not try to embed a video in email. There are breathless blog articles from marketers telling our clients they will have a "50% increase in open rates" without telling them the number of complaints or opt-outs they will get. Our experience is that these kinds of "tricks" do increase "open" rates but also increase opt outs and complaints.

Auto playing a video, with sound on, in an email client should get someone fired at the marketing agency.

I don't mind "junk" email but this is too much

Not cool. :mad:

Sorry we're all dumping on you, A Sixth. I got this email too and I actually liked it! Yes, it started to play immediately but there was a little microphone symbol in the tab at the top of the page where you could turn off the sound and still watch the video.

I got it but the video will not play. This thread makes me wonder what I'm missing out on.

I got the email too and the video did not play on mine either.

But it played when I clicked the link that the OP provided:

http://view.email.celebritycruises.c...d=VWSPLASH&r=0

So you should be able to click this link too if you wonder what you are missing.