Question About A Price Drop

Hello...hopefully I word this properly.

We booked an Accessible Superior Balcony cabin on the Anthem for October, 2017. Today, the price dropped between $200 to $300 total depending upon the particular balcony cabin. However, there are NO Accessible balcony cabins that remain to see what the discount would have been. So, does this mean if you had a balcony cabin and call them, you would get the new lower price, but since there are no Accessible cabins left, even though it's still the balcony category, we do not get any lower price?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello...hopefully I word this properly.

We booked an Accessible Superior Balcony cabin on the Anthem for October, 2017. Today, the price dropped between $200 to $300 total depending upon the particular balcony cabin. However, there are NO Accessible balcony cabins that remain to see what the discount would have been. So, does this mean if you had a balcony cabin and call them, you would get the new lower price, but since there are no Accessible cabins left, even though it's still the balcony category, we do not get any lower price?

As long as there are staterooms left in your category (accessible or not) you should be able to get the lower price.

Thank-you for the helpful reply. At the moment it says all Accessible staterooms, no longer available, which I can understand, because there aren't hundreds of them. It seems like the balcony cabins that are NOT, handicapped accessible, will always be able to get any price drop that pops up, because there are more regular balcony cabins available.

Accessible balcony cabins come in categories, too. In other words, there are D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, D6, D7, D8 and DO cabins. There are accessible cabins in more than one of these categories.

They may insist that for a price drop, your cabin must be in the exact category. For example, if yours is a D8, then a price drop in D3 would not help.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Thanks for the info. The wording says no accessible balcony staterooms available. Should I assume that means there are none available in all the categories you listed? I think would seem that is the case.

Thanks for the info. The wording says no accessible balcony staterooms available. Should I assume that means there are none available in all the categories you listed? I think would seem that is the case.

As said already. Forget you have an accessible cabin. Your category has to go down in price for there to be a price drop and can't be beyond the final payment date.

Edited by cruisinfanatic

It does not matter if there are no accessable balcony cabins left. Your cabin will be a D1 - D8 if your category has a price drop you are eligible for that price drop.

I'm a bit dense, but understand now. You're saying my accessible cabin has a letter and number associated with it, so look that up to see if it's listed in the price drop.

Thanks...just got an "F" for comprehension.

I'm a bit dense, but understand now. You're saying my accessible cabin has a letter and number associated with it, so look that up to see if it's listed in the price drop.

Thanks...just got an "F" for comprehension.

Correct. Here's a link to the deck plans.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=AN

I took a quick look and I see accessible balcony staterooms listed as D3, D7, D8 (there may be more: these are the ones I saw).

So you have to figure out (or call and ask) what category accessible you have booked, and then see if there are price drops for that exact category of balcony cabin.

We are a D-7 category. So, I should look to see if that category dropped whether it's an accessible cabin or not, because it's based on the category, correct?????

In that case, I now know what to do. Thanks very much.

We are a D-7 category. So, I should look to see if that category dropped whether it's an accessible cabin or not, because it's based on the category, correct?????

Yes, you've got it now.:)

As others have mentioned, forget that it's accessible, only watch the price on the D7 category.

Dave, for the Anthem sailing Oct 21,2017 I am seeing a price of $2313.38 US including taxes for a D7 balcony. The D7 cabins are on deck 9

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/booking?hasSenior=N&hasFireandPolice=N&accessCabin=FALSE&cruiseType=CO&sailDate=2017-10-21&selectedCurrencyCode=USD&shipCode=AN&hasMilitary=N&packageCode=AN7BH014

If this is less than what you paid then call and get the price drop.

I did not include any possible discounts such as balcony, C&A or senior etc

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I did call and as of today, the price is $100 lower than when I booked it last week. So, they de-did the price and sent us a revised confirmation. How exciting. $100 is $100! Will use the savings to get an extra massage or something. Oh...wait... I forgot...I mean my better half will use it for a watch or jewelry. Lol

Edited by Dave4120

I did call and as of today, the or ice is $100 lower than when I booked it last week. So, they de-did the price and sent us a revised confirmation. How exciting. $100 is $100! Will use the savings to get an extra massage or something. Oh...wait... I forgot...I mean my better half will use it for a watch or jewelry. Lol

Good deal!!! You got lots of good advice and saved some $$-:)

I did call and as of today, the or ice is $100 lower than when I booked it last week. So, they de-did the price and sent us a revised confirmation. How exciting. $100 is $100! Will use the savings to get an extra massage or something. Oh...wait... I forgot...I mean my better half will use it for a watch or jewelry. Lol

f869f6512b0d7187f4e475fc9aa7f250.png

Thanks to everyone for your help, and, especially being patient with me. Sometimes it takes a few of the same or different explanations for me to understand all of this valuable information.

We have 3 cruises booked for 2017, so I suppose I will keep checking just in case any of the three drop in price again, or, for the first time.

Thanks to everyone for your help, and, especially being patient with me. Sometimes it takes a few of the same or different explanations for me to understand all of this valuable information.

We have 3 cruises booked for 2017, so I suppose I will keep checking just in case any of the three drop in price again, or, for the first time.

Yes, it always pays to keep checking...I have had multiple price drops on cruises before...not lately...but in the past...after final payment though you can stop looking as there will be no price adjustments possible...upgrades only...and needing an accessible cabin limit's you for those...