allure mamma mia ending??

I read on another post (from mid July) that the cast from Mamma Mia is ending their contract on the Allure, is this true? Has anyone else heard of this?? If so, any ideas what they will replace it with? We are sailing Allure in March.

I read on another post (from mid July) that the cast from Mamma Mia is ending their contract on the Allure, is this true? Has anyone else heard of this?? If so, any ideas what they will replace it with? We are sailing Allure in March.

I believe they meant that the current cast was ending their contract, but a new cast will replace them, also performing Mamma Mia.

Currently RCI has 3? Year contracts or is it 5 for all their shows, which is good news for grease , Saturday night fever and mama Mia, but bad news for Cats which means it is around for a couple more years

Boy, I am glad to hear someone else didn't like Cats. I had never seen the show and could not sit through it. I tried and really wanted to for the sake of the cast, but ducked out with half the audience at intermission.

I tried to figure out why I did not like it. The cast was fabulous and clearly talented. The dancing, costumes and set design were terrific. We were sitting in back row, my dh has knee issues. I think part of the problem is that you need to be close to the stage to really appreciate the performances. Another is that it is rather heavy story, not light like Chicago (which makes light of a heavy topic-murder), Mama Mia, Grease. You are on a cruise and want upbeat shows. Finally, frankly the songs were just not as good as I expected. Other than Memories, the music was just not as memorable as I would have expected. I have seen Mama Mia on Broadway and am looking forward to seeing it on Allure.

Boy, I am glad to hear someone else didn't like Cats. I had never seen the show and could not sit through it. I tried and really wanted to for the sake of the cast, but ducked out with half the audience at intermission.

I tried to figure out why I did not like it. The cast was fabulous and clearly talented. The dancing, costumes and set design were terrific. We were sitting in back row, my dh has knee issues. I think part of the problem is that you need to be close to the stage to really appreciate the performances. Another is that it is rather heavy story, not light like Chicago (which makes light of a heavy topic-murder), Mama Mia, Grease. You are on a cruise and want upbeat shows. Finally, frankly the songs were just not as good as I expected. Other than Memories, the music was just not as memorable as I would have expected. I have seen Mama Mia on Broadway and am looking forward to seeing it on Allure.

It is? A tribe of cats gets together once a year and pick one cat that gets to be reincarnated into a new life. That is the entire "heavy" story.

Edited by Ocean Boy

It is? A tribe of cats gets together once a year and pick one cat that gets to be reincarnated into a new life. That is the entire "heavy" story.

Thanks! You just saved me 2.5 hours!:D

I may in the minority but I don't see the appeal with Mama Mia either. I recently watched the movie on a flight and it was dreadful. Is the broadway show markedly better than the movie?

I've seen the musical over 20 times (including on the Allure). I love it , but don't find the same energy with the movie. So personal opinion, but live show is much better. So fun.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

I don't understand the hype with Cats either, I think Andrew Lloyd Webber was high when he composed this one.

I also enjoyed Cats. Saw it at a theater in SF and had to sit way back, and it was not too impressive, but on the ship, if you get there early enough, you can sit up close. My DW and I sat on the front roll and enjoyed every minute of it. Even got a picture with some of the cats when they came down to the audience. Nothing like watching a musical while sitting in $200 seats.

I also enjoyed Cats. Saw it at a theater in SF and had to sit way back, and it was not too impressive, but on the ship, if you get there early enough, you can sit up close. My DW and I sat on the front roll and enjoyed every minute of it. Even got a picture with some of the cats when they came down to the audience. Nothing like watching a musical while sitting in $200 seats.

Even if you don't get there early eventually you will be able to sit up close or, for that matter, anywhere else that you want.

I don't understand the hype with Cats either, I think Andrew Lloyd Webber was high when he composed this one.

Well then I am in very good company :) Saw it years ago on Broadway and it just wasn't my thing. It wasn't a bad play I just didn't see what all the hype was about . How it possibly ran on Broadway all those years . And I see a lot of Broadway plays .

It was a product of it's time. When it opened Webber was the God of Broadway . He could have walked on a stage , blew his nose , waked off and The New York Times would have called it a "Triumph of The Spirit" , and every major recording star would have recorded a version of the nose blowing . :)

Will probably get flamed by Broadway enthusiasts , but felt the same way a about Les Miz

Edited by babyher

I've seen the musical over 20 times (including on the Allure). I love it , but don't find the same energy with the movie. So personal opinion, but live show is much better. So fun.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

I feel the same way. It is a much better live show than a movie.

I am sure the new cast would be fine. I saw it in April. The cast was great.

Cats was absolutely ridiculous.....Chicago... OMG amazing! Not heavy No more heavy a story than Hairspray or Mama Mia....all three are fabulous. RCI does a great job with its Broadway type productions. Cats is just a sorry show....should have never been chosen for the Oasis.

Edited by JohnSnowGOT