Lumanie

Momma Rene

It will be the first time experience in Lumanie on the Constellation. Any hints, suggestions? I was wondering for specific table requests for great views. Also wondering what our best chance for sitting with other people. We love to chat during dinner and find that meeting new people add a great deal to the voyage.

We always went right when they opened, so we did not have a problem getting the table we wanted. Once you go once, they will know your preferences and will accommodate you as best you can. They asked us to book our time for the next day when we left, and we did.

They have mostly two top tables and about 4 deep. The people sitting next to you are really close by so we would play it by ear. We said hi and made some chit chat. If they didn't seem interested in talking we would just talk to each other. We only had that happen once at breakfast. Usually everyone was pretty friendly, and we discuss about what we liked and what they should order. You generally see the same people every day. I think people like the same time of dining generally.

We have sailed Aqua Class a lot and actually hit it off with one couple our first night in Blu and then made plans to meet each night for dinner and then went to the shows together. It was night to make plans.

You will love Luminae. My tip is to take the waiter's recommendations as gospel. The best waiters end up at Luminae and they taste the dishes, so they know what they are talking about. They have never steered us wrong.

Luminae is really great; food, staff, bar server, maitre d' and assistant. As the previous response said they are all two tops that can be pushed together. On Millenium the best views were by the large round windows, but even the banquettes aren't that far away for a nice view. As far as meeting people I agree that you can say hello and see if the couple next to you sparks up a conversation. Some did, some didn't. Have fun!

If you want something that's not on the menu, just ask your server to see if the chef can make it for you. Some nights I didn't like the salad selections and would ask the chef to make me a simple caesar or mixed green salad - no problem. Also, you can order off the main dining room menu if nothing appeals on the Luminae menu. Enjoy Luminae - Celebrity hit a home run with the addition of this restaurant.

There were six of us on the Summit. Never had a problem getting a large table. Being by the window was not that big of a deal because all are close to windows. Our grandchildren wants hot dogs and pizza for lunch. It was not problem. They will get anything you want. Service was great and the food was outstanding.

It is open seating but you might be asked what time you plan on having dinner just for planning purposes. If you don't know or show up at a different time, NO problem.

In addition to being able to order from the MDR menu you can also ask for modifications to menu items. For example, I love trout and they offered a bacon wrapped trout for dinner one night. Not that I don't like bacon but something besides my waist line has to give on a cruise so I requested it without bacon. Always had sauces on the side of the plate, not on the food and substituted some kind of pea side for something from another entrée.

You can go any time the restaurant is open. Luminae is not open for lunch on port days. Reservations are not necessary.

on a thread above it said its not open on embarkation day, others said it was. Maybe class of ship, I m on Infinity.

Also, little off topic,but maybe you can help.When trying to book online shore exc. there are 2 prices listed. What s that mean?Is there some type of special pkg.?

I'm the exception on here. I think Luminae is overhyped and overrated. People love it because it allows them to avoid the masses in the main dining room and makes them feel special. The food is average at best and the tables are so close together that there is zero privacy. I'm not going back and will stick to the specialities, although I'll be on X less and less now that the M class ships have lost their best venue to the Tuscan Grill, a failed attempt at blending Italian food with American steaks.

Edited by florisdekort

on a thread above it said its not open on embarkation day, others said it was. Maybe class of ship, I m on Infinity.

Also, little off topic,but maybe you can help.When trying to book online shore exc. there are 2 prices listed. What s that mean?Is there some type of special pkg.?

Luminae is open on embarkation day. I've never heard otherwise. Blu is closed for lunch on embarkation day. Maybe someone was confused?

As to the excursion price question, perhaps a new topic would get a quick response rather than burying the question in a thread about Luminae.

and couldn t find,guess I ll have to start new thread or just call.

Also, those that posted their beagle pics, thanks it made me smile.I just lost my dear 16 yr.old beagle Max ,less than 2 mos.ago. You guys are so lucky to have them,cherish your time.

Because of his poor health,I ve not been anywhere in over a yr.Need a cruise in Oct.to cheer me up.

Also, those that posted their beagle pics, thanks it made me smile.I just lost my dear 16 yr.old beagle Max ,less than 2 mos.ago. You guys are so lucky to have them,cherish your time.

Gretchen has been my avatar for a long time. We lost her in March, so I know how you're feeling. I miss my little shadow every day.

I'm the exception on here. I think Luminae is overhyped and overrated. People love it because it allows them to avoid the masses in the main dining room and makes them feel special. The food is average at best and the tables are so close together that there is zero privacy. I'm not going back and will stick to the specialities, although I'll be on X less and less now that the M class ships have lost their best venue to the Tuscan Grill, a failed attempt at blending Italian food with American steaks.

We didn't care for Luminae either but thought we were in the minority. Felt it was pretentious and stuffy. After the first two nights and the embarkcation lunch, we ate in the speciality restauranrs, Blu and the MDR.

Because of his poor health,I ve not been anywhere in over a yr.Need a cruise in Oct.to cheer me up.

I know this thread is not about Beagles, so, everyone, please forgive us Beagle people. I'm sorry Alexandra cruiser and thebutlerdidit but I know how you feel. You both need a cruise! My remedy is to get another Beagle as soon as you can handle it. The new one won't replace your old friend but he/she will bring you new laughs etc. Sophie in my avatar is nearly 3 years old and she is #6 for us.

Back to the thread............We actually prefer Blu to Luminae because the food seems lighter. I found the desserts in Luminae to be HUGE! I actually preferred the little palate cleanser that followed our dinner to any of the desserts except maybe the macarons.

Edited by TeaBag

just have to thank you both for responses. Made my day, and YES ,I do need a cruise. No, both too old for another beagle, have 3 cats instead.BUt WISH I could.

Re. Blu rest. We booked suite and does that mean we can also eat in Blu, or just Luminae? Would like to TRY MDR also. Only 5 day cruise, as a tryout on Celebrity.Have 2 other ones booked,but on Oceania.

Again, sorry we sort of hijacked OP.

would like to try Blu. Re MDR, we booked this late and they assigned us early MDR sitting,no flex dining avail.Put on waiting list,so we ll just have to see how that goes.

My cheap DH will NOT go to any of the rest.that charge extra. Only way we got suite is due to my NEED for a bathtub. Also.,,LOVE breakfast room service and not sure full breakfast avail.in reg cabins.

Sorry, but after the year we ve had ,,I really need some pampering.haha