Can you bring Pedialite onboard

TrinaLC

unless you plan on filling the bottles with booze, you can bring them on. The restrictions are for those adults that think it's funny to smuggle booze. I'm assuming you have a kid, and that kid would be with you?

how hard would it be for someone to take advantage of this. (I AM NOT SAYING THE OP IS)

but the bottom line is that no bottles are allowed. I think it could/would be confiscated.

There are individual powder packs that you just have to add to water so that would be allowed.

They typically don't make exceptions.

The restriction is NOT for those adults that think its funny to smuggle booze because I cant take water bottles even though I don't think its funny... the restriction is for everyone.

people might think it doesn't make sense or that there should be exceptions but typically there are no exceptions

Edited by hftmrock

As with everything else, it'll depend on who's watching the scanner at the time.

I do know they approve liquid food for those who need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If needed for a medical reason contact Special needs and get advance permission. Then bring that e-mail with you to the port. But, as others have said, taking the powdered version would be the easiest thing.

... but the bottom line is that no bottles are allowed. I think it could/would be confiscated...but typically there are no exceptions

All one needs to do is call Carnival during the business day and talk with Special Needs. They will send you all the documentation you need to show the security company running the checks that day.

I've discovered in 40 years of cruising there are few "but the bottom lines" with a customer service based business. There are few with my business.

Edited by BallFour4

All one needs to do is call Carnival during the business day and talk with Special Needs. They will send you all the documentation you need to show the security company running the checks that day.

I've discovered in 40 years of cruising there are few "but the bottom lines" with a customer service based business. There are few with my business.

people have tried that and in some cases will not get the forms depending on the circumstances. I'm sure a doctors note and a specific ailment that this liquid is needed for will be the minimum requirements.

I've discovered that with carnival, exceptions are not their forte and DEFINITELY not consistency. Perfect example is the cheers package and exceptions. try calling and asking for an exception... pregnant...NOPE. dying... NOPE.. dialysis... NOPE. personally there are loads of people here that have legitimate reasons why they cant drink alcohol but they don't make exceptions to cheers.

but they can definitely try . but 'All you have to do is call Carnival' usually does not go well. I wish them luck

No problem bringing on Pedialite. I suggest it being factory sealed to start with, or the powder. They aren't going to confiscate something used to keep kids healthy like rehydration fluids or formula that are not otherwise carried on board.

people have tried that and in some cases will not get the forms depending on the circumstances. I'm sure a doctors note and a specific ailment that this liquid is needed for will be the minimum requirements.

I've discovered that with carnival, exceptions are not their forte and DEFINITELY not consistency. Perfect example is the cheers package and exceptions. try calling and asking for an exception... pregnant...NOPE. dying... NOPE.. dialysis... NOPE. personally there are loads of people here that have legitimate reasons why they cant drink alcohol but they don't make exceptions to cheers.

but they can definitely try . but 'All you have to do is call Carnival' usually does not go well. I wish them luck

LOL, I wonder if I can determine the difference between medical and health issues and cheers.....;). My guess is that Carnival can do the same thing.

LOL, I wonder if I can determine the difference between medical and health issues and cheers.....;). My guess is that Carnival can do the same thing.

No offense but you're taking a person at their word with regards to their medical and health issues, and trust that the doctor's "note" actually came from and MD. The problem is that there are always dishonest people that try and cheat the system, and find ways around the rules. Ruins it for the honest ones.

No offense but you're taking a person at their word with regards to their medical and health issues, and trust that the doctor's "note" actually came from and MD. The problem is that there are always dishonest people that try and cheat the system, and find ways around the rules. Ruins it for the honest ones.

I don't disagree on what some will do, we follow rules. To be honest, I was thinking of it from a kid's perspective and was really making reference to cheers as a reference point. Your right, about rule breakers.....

If a child needs the pedialyte, they are rehydrating from vomiting and diarrhea. Hopefully, a child that sick would not be allowed on the cruise ship.

I was thinking that as well to be honest. But then, I was also wondering if it might not be part of a diet for some specific children due to medical issues.

If a child needs the pedialyte, they are rehydrating from vomiting and diarrhea. Hopefully, a child that sick would not be allowed on the cruise ship.

Your assumption is far from accurate. Electrolyte replacement can be used post chemo or during the active 28 day treatment for Pseudomonas in cystic fibrosis patients. If one were to assume like you then we'd all need a physical exam and lab cultures prior to boarding.

Mix in a dose of sensitivity for your posts; it will be tough a first, but it gets easier.

Edited by BallFour4

I would also advise you to contact the special needs department before hand. I talked to someone on my last cruise that was unable to being Ensure onboard (unopened and sealed) because it was in a plastic bottle. They took it from him prior to boarding. He was not happy because it was a neccessity for his medical needs.