Summit to Offer Short Cruises from Port Everglades in Early 2018

Andy

Hi Everyone,

Just heard that Celebrity Summit will be offering a few 4 & 5 night sailings from Port Everglades in early 2018. Summit will also be sailing from San Juan during the Winter Caribbean season. Details to follow.

Hi Everyone,

I have not seen a list of dates yet. There's a March 24th 2018 - 5 night sailing and a March 29, 2018 - 4 night sailing listed on Celebrity's website. I suspect there may be more dates to follow, but that is unconfirmed.

Hope this helps !

Hi Everyone,

Here's additional information from SeaTrade Cruise News : http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/celebrity-brings-back-caribbean-quickies-in-early-2018.html?nspPage=1

Celebrity brings back Caribbean 'quickies' in early 2018

Celebrity Cruises is reintroducing quick escapes to the Caribbean starting in early 2018. Vacationers can choose four- or five-night getaways aboard Celebrity Summit from Fort Lauderdale to ports including Key West, Nassau and Cozumel.

President and ceo Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said passengers told Celebrity they're interested in modern luxury vacations in the Caribbean and 'expressed an incredible level of excitement for the shorter itineraries we’ve offered in the past.'

The four-night jaunts provide an extended weekend getaway to Nassau and Key West, while the five-night mini-escapes include Cozumel, Key West and two days at sea, with passengers returning home to a three-day weekend still ahead of them.

Celebrity Summit's winter homeport is San Juan, Puerto Rico. A seven-night cruise will take it to Fort Lauderdale for the new short sailings, and the ship will return to San Juan afterward via a seven-night voyage. These respositioning cruises call at destinations like Aruba, Curaçao and St. Maarten.

The new short cruises are available for booking now for travel beginning in early 2018 and during spring break and Easter.

Edited by Host Andy

April 2nd shows a one way(7 night) return to San Juan. Placing their toe in the water...

And a gap between April 9th (end of the 7 day April 2 cruise) and the next listed cruise on April 14th 7 day southern Caribbean. :confused::confused:

Charter?

On the Summit while chatting with some officers at the evening event, they mentioned that the FLL sailings are due to company charters....(some investment? company, I forgot the name thrown in) A couple are full charters and some are not.

I sure would love to work for THAT company!;)

This news is nothing new. I looked on a cruise booking web site a month ago and saw these short sailings listed. They have them between all the charters the Summit has. I always book super early for my March birthday cruise. So 2018 is looking like a b2b on Adventure of the Seas.

This news is nothing new. I looked on a cruise booking web site a month ago and saw these short sailings listed. They have them between all the charters the Summit has. I always book super early for my March birthday cruise. So 2018 is looking like a b2b on Adventure of the Seas.

Actually, I believe what I posted is new news. Even if the 2 sailings have been on the Celebrity website for a while... I doubt Celebrity would make an "announcement" for only 2 sailings. Besides, there are gaps in Summit sailings on the Celebrity website starting on Jan 27, 2018, the entire month of February 2018, and the first 3 1/2 weeks of March 2018. While I'm confident that some charters may be involved in the gaps... it's possible there's additional public sailings to come. We'll see what happens.

Edited by Host Andy

I don't think it's replacing the San Juan sailings though, I heard its replacing Bermuda.

The time Summit will be spending at Port Everglades, is time previously spent at San Juan, so they were Caribbean sailings. Summit Bermuda itineraries sail during the Summer. She's currently scheduled to return to Bermuda next Summer.

Hope this helps !

The time Summit will be spending at Port Everglades, is time previously spent at San Juan, so they were Caribbean sailings. Summit Bermuda itineraries sail during the Summer. She's currently scheduled to return to Bermuda next Summer.

Hope this helps !

It's a bit ambiguous as to Bermuda. It says it does the minis and then returns to San Juan. Hopefully she'll still summer in Bermuda

CELEBRITY CRUISES BRINGS BACK QUICK, MODERN LUXURY ESCAPES TO THE CARIBBEAN

Time-pressed world travelers can now explore the most idyllic islands of the Caribbean during a weekend getaway

Back by popular demand, Celebrity Cruises is reintroducing quick escapes to the Caribbean, giving time-crunched vacationers the opportunity to visit tropical ports-of-call in modern luxury style and experience the Celebrity Distinction.

"Our discerning guests have told us they want Celebrity's modern luxury vacations in the Caribbean and expressed an incredible level of excitement for the shorter itineraries we've offered in the past," explained Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. "We listened and decided to reintroduce these coveted sailings where ease, convenience, relaxation and modern luxury coexist, while sailing to some of the most celebrated ports in the Caribbean onboard the beautiful Celebrity Summit."

Vacationers can choose from four and five night sailings from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., onboard Celebrity Summit to highly sought-after ports of call, including Key West, Fla.; Nassau, Bahamas; and Cozumel, Mexico:

Four-Night Getaways:

The four-night sailings make for the perfect extended-weekend getaway. Guests will bask in the island breeze of Nassau, Bahamas, enjoy the modern luxury amenities Celebrity Summit has to offer during a day at sea, and unwind in the island paradise, Key West, Fla. — and still be back in time for work on Monday morning.

Five-Night Mini-Escapes:

The five-night sailings afford guests more opportunities to experience the distinct culinary delights and world-class offerings onboard Celebrity Summit, with two days at sea, before experiencing the rich heritage of Cozumel, Mexico, and the laid back vibe of Key West, Fla. Guests return home on Thursday with a three-day weekend still ahead of them.

Extended Caribbean Vacations:

For vacationers yearning for a slightly longer getaway, Celebrity Summit will also offer two seven-night repositioning sailings from San Juan to Ft. Lauderdale, and a return sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to San Juan, with stops in some of the most exotic sought-after ports of call, such as the sun-soaked islands of Aruba, Curacao and St. Maarten.

Celebrity's new mini escapes are available for booking now for travel beginning in early 2018 and during spring break and Easter.

Following the Ft. Lauderdale season, Celebrity Summit will return to its original homeport of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Celebrity Summit is captained by charismatic duo Alex Papadopoulos and Kate McCue, the first American female cruise ship captain in the industry, who alternate every three months.

Edited by Cruise Junky

It's a bit ambiguous as to Bermuda. It says it does the minis and then returns to San Juan. Hopefully she'll still summer in Bermuda

The schedule is not ambiguous as far as Bermuda is concerned. Celebrity is working around charters in the January-April timeframe in both 2017 and 2018. For 2018, Celebrity seems to have gotten their act together a little better for these sailings and in addition to the short sailings they are offering two repos back and forth to San Juan. Very inexpensive, but no perks included. As far as Bermuda, the Summit repos to Bayonne every year (since 2010) for the summer season. There is no reason to believe 2018 will be any different, although you never know.

There is no reason to believe 2018 will be any different, although you never know.

When are the new Edge ships coming out? Maybe we can get an S Class ship in Bayonne (again) for season or 2. Would be a nice change. Our 11th cruise on Summit will be in 18 days. Not that I don't love Summit and her crew but I think I could use a change.

Edited by CruisingChick