What is the appeal or value of Johnny Rockets cover charge?

White Castle is my childhood. Down here we have Crystal. Pretty much the same, different mustard. Only place I know that has both is Louisville, KY.

You can buy the White Castle burgers frozen at Publix. If we are at a hotel for a few days that has a kitchenette I'll usually pick up a box for a late night snack.

You know I really don't see what all the bitchin and moaning is about its not like anyone holds a gun to your head and makes you go and BUY their hamburgers go don't go whats the big deal . We go on formal nights one less night I have to dress up and get decent burger great service they sing to me and we have a nice evening out. Just sayin......

We received a free dinner for 4 at JR's 4 years ago and while it was ok it wasn't worth paying the cover charge for.

Fast forward 4 years and we have several Boardwalk balconies booked that include a meal for 4 (we have 2 cabins for the 4 of us) so it looks like we will be having lunch there twice. The kids are older do they may enjoy it more than they did the last time.

Fine when it was free. Not worth $7 cover charge. You can get a great hamburger in the MDR at lunch, or sliders in MDR at dinner as well. No sense paying for one. They haven't improved the food any since it was included; the cover charge was only implemented to manage the demand.

If you want a shake you just pay for it, no cover charge.

Well, back on Explorer in 2007, we loved that everyone welcomed you by name, clapped hands, and all that. Made it a fun atmosphere and the food was awesome.. I don't think we had that same type of experience since, so not a fan of that venue anymore unfortunately. I know sounds corny, but RCI should keep some traditions..............

Not trying to entice flamers just wondering....

Recently back from Majesty of the Seas, and saw the Johnny Rockets restaurant, with a $6.95 cover charge. Other than shakes, what benefit is there from paying the cover? Our group of 4 didn't go in, since we couldn't justify the $28 charge, so I'm asking in advance of the next trip.

I understand the food quality is better, burgers, fries, onion rings, and unlimited, but all the other food was unlimited as well.

So just asking. I did read on here that you don't have to pay cover if you just want to get a shake to go, which would have been nice to know. And with premium drink package, free soft drinks wouldn't have mattered either.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Don't understand your ??? either. You don't have to go.

DH and I have gone to JR's both times were on Freedom and enjoyed it. Is it the best burger that we have had, of course not. Is it even better than Guys on Carnival, not always...but it is something different and we enjoy the atmosphere and we use the b1g1 shake coupon. I enjoy the JR breakfast though, that is not charge (or wasn't the last time we were on Freedom).

I must admit that when we sail Harmony in November, we won't bother going to JR's simply because there are so many other eating venues on the ship.

Last October on freedom and on indy JR was not open for breakfast. Just for lunch and dinner(well actually till a very late dinner). Did it change recently that they open for breakfast like th oasis class ships?

If I go to JR and order 6 burger and 6 fries/onion rings to go for the family, is it one cover charge or 6?

You only get all you can eat if you are eating at the restaurant, and each person eating will pay a cover. To Go orders are limited to one entree.

Edited by clarea

Not trying to entice flamers just wondering....

Recently back from Majesty of the Seas, and saw the Johnny Rockets restaurant, with a $6.95 cover charge. Other than shakes, what benefit is there from paying the cover? Our group of 4 didn't go in, since we couldn't justify the $28 charge, so I'm asking in advance of the next trip.

I understand the food quality is better, burgers, fries, onion rings, and unlimited, but all the other food was unlimited as well.

So just asking. I did read on here that you don't have to pay cover if you just want to get a shake to go, which would have been nice to know. And with premium drink package, free soft drinks wouldn't have mattered either.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

To stop the teenagers from spending all day in the restaurant and taking up all the seats to the exclusion of the rest of the passengers.

In all my RC cruises I have never been to JR nor ever thought about going.

On a ship with so much variety and great choices.

I cannot believe people actually pay for fast-food.

Just think if they opened an Olive Garden or Applebee's.

The masses would go berserk...........

In all my RC cruises I have never been to JR nor ever thought about going.

On a ship with so much variety and great choices.

I cannot believe people actually pay for fast-food.

Just think if they opened an Olive Garden or Applebee's.

The masses would go berserk...........

People pay for air. People pay for water. Why is it wrong to pay for food?

We usually go to JR on the last sea day,the milkshakes are great and the burgers and the service are like the good ole days,it's not fast food it's what there was before fast food.the Route 66,mushroom and Swiss burger is our fav..the JR on freedom was the best one we have been at,the place was packed for lunch on the last sea day,the service and food was still great and they did their "Johnny B Good" song and dance routine,it was a lot of fun! They don't sing and dance in chops!

You know I really don't see what all the bitchin and moaning is about its not like anyone holds a gun to your head and makes you go and BUY their hamburgers go don't go whats the big deal . We go on formal nights one less night I have to dress up and get decent burger great service they sing to me and we have a nice evening out. Just sayin......
Agree 100%

To stop the teenagers from spending all day in the restaurant and taking up all the seats to the exclusion of the rest of the passengers.

That's what they say but I'm not buying it. Charging $28 for a group of 4 sounds more profit profit profit than the reason to stop teenagers from hanging out there.

Their reasoning will be more believable if they only charge $6.95 for certain amount of people in a group.

wow some of you guys sound like you could really use a vacation. So go on a cruise or something :p

But just keep in mind that the whole thing for the owners and shareholders is about profit profit profit, like $40 for a $20 bottle of wine :)