Live Constellation Dalmatian review and the suite life

groryjm

We are cruising in a Royal suite on constellation along the Dalmatian coast and on to Malta and Sicily. I have a kind of photo travel blog at...

http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog/grory/1/tpod.html

On this thread I will try to add notes of interest to fellow CCers on our experiences of the ship and this itinerary.

We boarded Connie on Sunday in Venice and the ship stayed in port over night leaving yesterday afternoon. T be honest I don't think the overnight worked as we haven't really felt the cruise started until the sail away from Venice. That said we had a faboulus view as Megan the MCC arranged a party on the helipad for all the suite class guests and the CC host invited the elite+ guests

We are in an RS and I have to say the Shore-side team passed our requests successfully and while Megan confirmed the and reservation at Ocean Liners for 6 had been made. When my sil (staying in a CS) checked with the restaurant for the time they new nothing of the booking. It was lucky she checked so I could get it all sorted.

Our butler, Wilfred, has so far been amazing. we are in 6134 and my mil is in SS 6146 traveling solo. as he covers both suites he has been keeping her well looked after.

One nice little touch was that when he pointed out we had unlimited laundry he said we should get my mil (in an SS) and my sil and her husband (in a CS) to our room and would do it all.:cool: Even on a daily basis if we needed:):eek::)

We are cruising in a Royal suite on constellation along the Dalmatian coast and on to Malta and Sicily. I have a kind of photo travel blog at...

On this thread I will try to add notes of interest to fellow CCers on our experiences of the ship and this itinerary.

We boarded Connie on Sunday in Venice and the ship stayed in port over night leaving yesterday afternoon. T be honest I don't think the overnight worked as we haven't really felt the cruise started until the sail away from Venice. That said we had a faboulus view as Megan the MCC arranged a party on the helipad for all the suite class guests and the CC host invited the elite+ guests

We are in an RS and I have to say the Shore-side team passed our requests successfully and while Megan confirmed the and reservation at Ocean Liners for 6 had been made. When my sil (staying in a CS) checked with the restaurant for the time they new nothing of the booking. It was lucky she checked so I could get it all sorted.

Our butler, Wilfred, has so far been amazing. we are in 6134 and my mil is in SS 6146 traveling solo. as he covers both suites he has been keeping her well looked after.

One nice little touch was that when he pointed out we had unlimited laundry he said we should get my mil (in an SS) and my sil and her husband (in a CS) to our room and would do it all.:cool: Even on a daily basis if we needed:):eek::)

Is Wilfred new to the Starboard Side of the Connie? In May 2016, "Rodney" serviced that side (PH and Royals) and although he mentioned he might be transferred to the Millie, he was unsure at that time.

We will be back onboard the Connie in October - CS (Deck 6) Starboard Side - so wondering if Wilfred will be our Butler.

Looking forward to following your blog! we did Italy & Croatia (Dalmatian Coast) in May and absolutely loved it.

Heather

Looking forward to following your blog! we did Italy & Croatia (Dalmatian Coast) in May and absolutely loved it.

Heather

I read your blog with great interest as you wrote and appologise as mine won't be as good as yours :( but I'll try :D

Edited by groryjm

We are booked in a RS on the Connie (1st X cruise) Jan, 2018 so I'm looking forward to your review.

Heather

I read your blog with great interest as you wrote and appologise as mine won't be as good as yours :( but I'll try :D

It’s very good so far! please keep it up - reading along and enjoying the adventure vicariously again through your blog :D

Heather

The requested bar and drinks all arrived as requested but I was a little surprised to find this as the brandy...

cognc_cou73.jpg

but not complaining. Having traveled in a CS am starting to notice a very subtle up in the way we are treated.:) nothing I could quantify but it is there

We had Wilfred too in May! We loved him. He will take very good care of you. Please, if you remember, tell him his MN friends say hello!! Enjoy your cruise.

The requested bar and drinks all arrived as requested but I was a little surprised to find this as the brandy...

cognc_cou73.jpg

but not complaining. Having traveled in a CS am starting to notice a very subtle up in the way we are treated.:) nothing I could quantify but it is there

Yes, hard to quantify or describe but it is there. We enjoy the same tipple, last thing at night, sat on the balcony watching the stars....

Enjoying following your adventures...

I'd love to see some pics of the RS. Most available on-line are dated.

I am uploading a video of our room to youtube at the moment but the upoload speed on the wifi is a touch slow so it may be a while before it is up.

when up it should be here......

Apologies for all the decorations but dd,sil and mil colluded with Wilfred :eek:

I am uploading a video of our room to youtube at the moment but the upoload speed on the wifi is a touch slow so it may be a while before it is up.

when up it should be here......

Apologies for all the decorations but dd,sil and mil colluded with Wilfred :eek:

It comes up as "This video is private".

We are on a similar itinerary on Connie sailing on Sept 29 to the Dalmatian Coast & Malta. We are in one of the "sweet 16" cabins.

Would appreciate any inside info you could share.

Regarding dining options......

Was the change made to Sushi on 5?

Are discounts being offered for the specialty restaurants? I'm curious how this itinerary effects demand for the restaurants.

Have a terrific trip. Suite life sounds great. Maybe someday we will graduate into it.

Thanks for taking the time to post to us all.

PL

Was the change made to Sushi on 5?

Are discounts being offered for the specialty restaurants? I'm curious how this itinerary effects demand for the restaurants.

Sushi is now up and running though not at lunch on all port days:( We hope to try it for lunch on the sea day so I will post a review then

There do seem to be a lot of discounts being touted for the specialties. Sil and her husband eat at Tuscan on onre of there free dinnings for booking last year but were offered 35% off to come back again.

The resturaunts do seem quite full

We were in 6146 back in March on a 5-night Caribbean. It was my first cruise with X, and really loved everything about it. Thanks for for posting. Your itinerary looks great.

Sushi is now up and running though not at lunch on all port days:( We hope to try it for lunch on the sea day so I will post a review then

There do seem to be a lot of discounts being touted for the specialties. Sil and her husband eat at Tuscan on onre of there free dinnings for booking last year but were offered 35% off to come back again.

The resturaunts do seem quite full

So is Sushi on 5 not open on port day lunchtimes? I seem to remember B on 5 was open every lunch....Perhaps I am wrong....

Just to clarify on this, I thought the RS perk was that they received two complimentary services of laundry not unlimited? Are you receiving this benefit some other way as in if you are Zenith member? I would hate to see a large bill at the end of the cruise if you were accumulating and sending out your entire families laundry every day.

Just to clarify on this, I thought the RS perk was that they received two complimentary services of laundry not unlimited? Are you receiving this benefit some other way as in if you are Zenith member? I would hate to see a large bill at the end of the cruise if you were accumulating and sending out your entire families laundry every day.

The website states laundry twice per cruise. This caught my attention when we booked a RS this spring for Asia, Jan 2018. As a regular HAL customer in their Neptune Suites, I've been spoiled by their unlimited laundry and dry cleaning.