Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

On 5/12/2019 at 2:52 PM, photocat75 said:

Have been trying to find solo cabins  and it is a bit overwhelming  

it it doesn’t help that/I am not sure where to go except the areas that will be=new to me are a ver long plane ride, but I would still like to travel for a few more years and so am just doing research that to see what is available 

am am hoping I can pick up some=information from folks on this thread

I'm sure it has been suggested by others, but there is a great site that lists sailings for singles with low or no suppliments. It is

www.cruiseplum.com

They don't sell cruises, so you can go right to the cruise line or your Travel agent.

• Like 3

Less of a deal and more of a hint I’m going to just drop/hide in this thread. Hopefully it won’t be exploited too much, and if it does, hopefully NCL finally fixes it. 

On Escape, the starboard entry door to the Studios on deck 11 sticks about 75% of the time and doesn’t lock, so other solos could maybe wander in for some coffee and cookies, or just to chat with other solos. The door only locks if you intentionally pull/push it closed all the way. I’ve noticed this on three separate trips now.

If you do choose to take advantage of this, I strongly suggest you be discreet about it, don’t bring your whole family in there for breakfast, and don’t brag about it. 

(I’ll also understand if someone reads this and chooses to report it to maintenance now that I’ve posted it. But it’s been years now and it still sticks, so ...)

On 7/9/2019 at 9:36 PM, perditax said:

Less of a deal and more of a hint I’m going to just drop/hide in this thread. Hopefully it won’t be exploited too much, and if it does, hopefully NCL finally fixes it. 

On Escape, the starboard entry door to the Studios on deck 11 sticks about 75% of the time and doesn’t lock, so other solos could maybe wander in for some coffee and cookies, or just to chat with other solos. The door only locks if you intentionally pull/push it closed all the way. I’ve noticed this on three separate trips now.

If you do choose to take advantage of this, I strongly suggest you be discreet about it, don’t bring your whole family in there for breakfast, and don’t brag about it. 

(I’ll also understand if someone reads this and chooses to report it to maintenance now that I’ve posted it. But it’s been years now and it still sticks, so ...)

I’ve noticed similar on Breakaway...in fact, in the morning around 0900 give or take, they often prop open a door while the crew is cleaning/restocking for a half hour or so...😉

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bob brown said:

I’ve noticed similar on Breakaway...in fact, in the morning around 0900 give or take, they often prop open a door while the crew is cleaning/restocking for a half hour or so...😉

Why don't we just consider this a positive and drop the subject. 

• Like 3

Last minute from Venice on the Norwegian Star. Sail-away rate. Inside cabin. July 18-28.

My Vacation Summary

Prices are shown in USD unless otherwise noted.
TOTAL
$ 1,545 95
Side Bar Image

• 10-Day Greek Isles from Venice
  • SHIP Norwegian Star
  • CRUISE PORTS EMBARKVenice, Italy Split, Croatia Kotor, Montenegro Corfu, Greece Santorini, Greece Athens (Piraeus), Greece Mykonos, Greece Argostoli, Kefalonia, Greece Dubrovnik, Croatia DISEMBARKVenice, Italy
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, MidwesternCruiser2 said:

Volendam Sept 25 & Oosterdam Sept 30, both Vancouver/SanDiego

Looks like some posts are being deleted, but the sailings are still there with about 70% supplement.

Oosterdam Sept 30:  $517 I, $604 OV & $1087 B

Volendam Sept 25:  $517 I, $691 OV (no B though ... it's $1780

Im assuming it the MSC Armonia

Aug 23, 2020 Aug 30, 2020 Sep 6, 2020 Sep 13, 2020 Sep 20, 2020 Sep 27, 2020 Oct 4, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

You can do status match and possibly save an additional 5%  $439 BELLA  $534 FANTASTICA

$

Edited by TwizzlersAddict

32 minutes ago, TwizzlersAddict said:

Im assuming it the MSC Armonia

Aug 23, 2020 Aug 30, 2020 Sep 6, 2020 Sep 13, 2020 Sep 20, 2020 Sep 27, 2020 Oct 4, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

You can do status match and possibly save an additional 5%  $439 BELLA  $534 FANTASTICA

$

Yes, it is the Armonia. inside for $457 INCLUDING all taxes.  Many "hurricane season" dates available.  

53 minutes ago, christinand said:

There is a good price on the noordam leaving sept 22 from vancouver to alaska. I found it in canadian currency on holland america website so i suppose it could be a special for canadians, but doubtful.

When I searched, it is a Vancouver return. What is interesting is the Ocean View (obstructed) is cheaper than an Inside and Verandah is slightly more than an inside.  However, with tax it is still close to $1500 CDN.  Is that a good price?  Perhaps for HAL.

4 minutes ago, christinand said:

When i had looked it was 1250 for an inside. Maybe that was a temporary deal.

Possibly pre tax?  Right now it is $1574.40 Cdn. tax in for an inside.  For that price, I'll take the Veranda at $1600.

Edited by mef_57

If you all are looking for longer and off-the-beaten-path cruises, Seabourn has 125% solo prices on about 30 cruises for this year and next.  They will also do upgrades and included wifi with those.  They are an all-inclusive line.

On 7/6/2019 at 9:52 AM, Takes Notes said:

I'm sure it has been suggested by others, but there is a great site that lists sailings for singles with low or no suppliments. It is

www.cruiseplum.com

They don't sell cruises, so you can go right to the cruise line or your Travel agent.

I have just come onto this forum for the first time.  I will be following this thread and am much appreciative of the cruiseplum link.  It will be very helpful for future bookings.  I already have 4 cruises booked, 3 of which were booked with my late wife.  So it might be a while  before I have time to fit in another, but will be watching.  Thanks so much for the tips.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I see we have had several posts deleted.  Perhaps another reason why postings here have slowed down considerably.  What a shame.

Hey Kim.

Some seem to think that hints of agents or sales websites will go undetected. Hosts aren't that stupid.  I am surprised that the post above you is still alive given that there is an offending quote.  I know we are trying to help other travelers get the best details or information, but we know the rules and regs.  

I think the slow down on this thread is due to fewer 'deals'.  I just don't seem to see the ones I was grabbing up last year....but early days. Late August last year provided Alaska, Bermuda and repositioning deals - like our Dawn cruise. Happy sailings.

• Like 4