drinks that will have less of a hit on my waist size

fragilek

As everyone mentioned, anything with club soda/plain soda water mixed with an alcohol is a good choice. I am a vodka, soda (or diet sprite) and lime person, while my dh is a Cpt Morgan and diet coke (or skinny pirate as he likes to say).

However, since you are mostly a wine drinker, I'm not sure how well you might like these options. You could do as suggested by someone and do a wine spritzer - just ask them to use club soda instead of sprite.

Another option since you mentioned pina coladas would be to see if they have coconut rum and mix that with some pineapple juice and club soda. It would be higher in calories than some of the other options but not have near as many calories as the frozen colada

You can try the diet tonic but it is usually pretty bad - but regular tonic is only 10 calories an oz so the average G&T would have 7 - 8 ozs of tonic

Here is a site with some great options:

http://www.self.com/food/cocktails/2015/12/low-calorie-cocktails/

Low-Carb Margarita: Orange extract is used instead of an orange liqueur and a small amount of no-calorie sweetener are used in this classic tequila drink. :)

Low Carb Mojito: Diet tonic water or ginger ale, plus the use of no-carb simple syrup, take most of the carbs out of this rum cocktail

Bring a mio liquid water enhancer of your favorite flavor and ask for vodka and club soda or vodka martini and squeeze some in the drink... 0calories, 0 sugar and So yummy!! You can't even taste the alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like coconut rum and diet sprite/diet 7up. So good.

Hey, that was going to be my suggestion! If I am craving a pina colada, I compromise by doing coconut rum and pineapple juice. More calories than diet Sprite, but fewer calories than pina coladas.

Edited by MommaBear55

Does anyone know if the wine pours are a standard measure. There is a big difference in 175ml and 250ml if you multiple it over a few drinks on a nine day cruise!! Also battling hard to lose weight - very slowly have managed to get 20lbs off over last few weeks and don't want to undo all the good work and have a big gain whilst on holiday, but want to enjoy myself with a few drinks ! :D

Does anyone know if the wine pours are a standard measure. There is a big difference in 175ml and 250ml if you multiple it over a few drinks on a nine day cruise!! Also battling hard to lose weight - very slowly have managed to get 20lbs off over last few weeks and don't want to undo all the good work and have a big gain whilst on holiday, but want to enjoy myself with a few drinks ! :D

They told me in Vintages it's supposed to be 5oz or around 150ml.

Edited by clarea

great ideas on here thanks. I am celiac so I am very limited to certain brand of Vodka & tequila (in fact I have never had a vodka and have always avoided any cocktail that contained vodka or whiskey). Would the staff be ok with me asking which brand they use and/or requesting allowed ones (if they have them).

And after the news that the drinks package may change , If I am now not able to upgrade my included select package the odd shot of alcohol may be all I will be able to afford I can then just add to my select package soda. That would works wonders on my waist so it may be the silver lining to the new drinks package cloud.:D

great ideas on here thanks. I am celiac so I am very limited to certain brand of Vodka & tequila (in fact I have never had a vodka and have always avoided any cocktail that contained vodka or whiskey). Would the staff be ok with me asking which brand they use and/or requesting allowed ones (if they have them)....

Sure, you can request specific brands.

On Adventure of the seas a few years ago they had a diet? cocktail in the bar in the atrium. Diet Coke, Absolut Vanilla vodka and Bacardi Razz (raspberry!), not sure whether it was that low cal but better than the creamy / frozen or high sugar juices.

Also agree long island tea an idea with diet coke?

Enjoy your cruise, Gillian

Edited by sotong

They told me in Vintages it's supposed to be 5oz or around 150ml.

Ah thanks for the info - I often wondered. The standard pour for wine in UK is 175ml, with a large glass 250ml. Better for the waist line but makes a glass of wine seem even more expensive if just 150ml.

I don't drink anything other than wine except on holiday when I usually like a few cocktails. But this year age has caught up with me and I have found it very hard to keep the weight off. I am disabled so shedding the extra a cruise will put on is pretty hard. So this time I plan to be good :eek:

At home I do not eat any complex carbs (yes I know low fat diet would be healthier and work better, but due to medical issues I am not allowed to cut down on fat) - so intend to keep carb 'free' for at least 7 days out of the 2 weeks I am away - semi good lol. However, it is a special 25th wedding anniversary trip so I plan to treat myself to a cocktails a day while on the cruise part of the trip. That's where I need help - what are the lower cal ones (if any) previously I would do the colada's.

Try water and diet coke.

Ah thanks for the info - I often wondered. The standard pour for wine in UK is 175ml, with a large glass 250ml. Better for the waist line but makes a glass of wine seem even more expensive if just 150ml.

Wow, 250ml means 3 glasses per bottle. That's a very generous pour.

The lowest in calories will be any plain mixed drink (7&7, rum & coke, etc.) made with diet soda. Among the worst will be any variation on a pina colada.

Aspartame makes your body react exactly like sugar does. Your pancreas will create insulin exactly the way sugar does.

Gin and tonic are a great choice for low calorie drinks, there's lots of options and each has a completely different taste

Tonic isn't quite as bad as coke but almost. Full of sugar.

To the OP, I like tequila, soda, and lime juice. It's a fake margarita.

I agree with vodka and soda with lemon and lime.

Wine is nothing but sugar so your body will crave sugar the next day.