Live from the Anthem of the wavy seas - Sept 3rd, 5 nights

lor74

We had muster at 3:30 and have just sailed under the bridge (4.15pm). The captain said we would go North East to get around the bad weather on our way to Bermuda. He said to expect rough seas tomorrow. I am thinking of going to the gym now. We have 6:30pm reservations at the American Icon Grill.

Please excuse all typos, as this is coming from my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great review so far. We sail on her in 4 weeks. A couple of questions...what time did you set sail?

I can tell you - they were already under the bridge at 4:10 pm! So they set sail a little earlier than normal.

Oops, typed my response at same time as previous poster! I love watching the ships go under the bridge. My turn in 2 weeks!

Edited by Croozin Soozin

HEALTH ADVISORY FOR TALL PEOPLE:

Be aware of the storage space over the bed! I bent over to charge my phone, and "THUD" my forehead crashed into it. Thank goodness we just received our ice bucket, or I would probably have a nice welt. I am 6'3"

dc2580fb74fcbb3234a602e8455a42e7.jpg

Edited by lor74

HEALTH ADVISORY FOR TALL PEOPLE:

Be aware of the storage space over the bed! I bent over to charge my phone, and "THUD" my forehead crashed into it. Thank goodness we just received our ice bucket, or I would probably have a nice welt. I am 6'3"

Thanks for the warning! I'm 6'4" and will be on the Anthem Oct 29th. You saved me a nice welt!! Glad you are ok!

Happy sailing!!!

Glen

lor74 - Anthem feels different than Allure because Anthem is a Quantum Class ship and Allure is an Oasis Class ship. They are not the same! We did the 5 day Bermuda trip a few weeks ago. High humidity first day and then rain second day. They rain there. If is your first time on the Anthem, don't miss any panel show they are doing in 270. Magical. We have been on Anthem twice - first time was 12 days, and on Quantum Atlantic crossing - Bayonne to Barcdlona. There is alot to do on the Anthem - much to take in on a 5 day Anthem cruise. We were tired when we got home.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

After muster, Ro went to lounge by the main pool, and I watched the sail away from our balcony. I then went to the gym. I ran for 20 minutes on the treadmill and did some weights. Ro joined me shortly after I started, then we had just enough time to shower before dinner. We ate at the American Icon Grill. We started with salmon tartar, crispy shrimp, Caesar salads, and onion soup. The tartar & shrimps both went back. The waiter told us a little later that they apologized for the shrimps which were a little off. Our mains were pesto tagliatelle, and vegetarian pot pie. The pasta was ok, and the pot pie was good. Dessert was cheesecake for her, apple pie for me, and powdered beignets for both. She liked her cake, the apple pie was ok, and the beignets were very good. Following dinner, we walked around and had a look at all the shops. We eventually made our way up to see what was being served in the solarium. The selection looked good, and while having enough will power not to have more hot food, another plate of dessert made its way into my mouth....baklava, honey ball, chocolate hazelnut cake. Oh God, what did I do! I had way too many sweets today!!! I think tomorrow I will need to double today's 15,000 steps. I might need the earplugs tonight, as the walls seem thin....I can hear the tv and voices through the wall. Also quite a bit of noise in the hallway.

Day 1 is in the books, keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow.