Upsell Department - phone or email?

skrodle

Hi there-

I am 2 weeks away from a 1 day repo cruise... there are lots of cabins left including several full suites which they are charging a very high price for... I am figuring these will go on upsell, but I wanted to try and contact the Yield department to see if they could help me out and offer an upsell to me.

I am pretty sure I have seen here in the past a phone number or contact for Yield with Princess... but searching through the boards I was not able to find it.

Anyone know a way to call and ask about an upsell? (I know calling the general reservation number will get me no results)

Thanks!

I have the number from a previous Upsell. Won't post it here because it would be annoying for the yield dept. also it won't do any good. Last cruise I learned of a suite Upsell offering and called. The person called me back and very nicely told me I was not in the cabin category the Upsell was being offered to, so I was not eligible. In other words, need to wait till you or your travel agent receives the email offering the Upsell. Then, call right away.

I contacted my T.A. a few months ago For an upgrade , due to mini suites being offered at cheaper rates than the balcony that I had already paid for (past final payment time) And then princess got back to her with an offer and I was to call them as soon as possible, so I called the special number and left a msg at 9pm and the lady called me back by 8:30 am the next morning and told me what they had available.

It was a good deal so we took it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

The upsells are selective even in the same category. I recently had a group of 22 in Alaska. 3 of the clients in mini suites, myself included, received upsell offers while on the land portion of the cruise tour. They were faxed to the travel agency and the offer immediately conveyed. There were 7 cabins of us in the same category of mini suites. 2 of the mini suites were first timers and did not receive the offer, 1 was elite, the other two were platinum that received the offer. The other two that did not receive the offer were platinum and gold.

It was interesting to see first hand the differences in the offer but I could not discern a reason the other platinum guest was not offered the upsell as the others. None of us took the offer, it was for double on a suite what my last upsell offer was offered. Since we had cabins in a row we wanted to stay together plus we were very busy with ports and activities.

well to all you naysayers, I found the number, made the phone call and got the upsell... it is possible and didn't have to wait

From mini suite to a S-2 Owners suite for $149 ;)

-David

Edited by skrodle

We just wait and hope for an attractive upsell email to come. If it does, we call the number as instructed on the email.

For those that use a TA, does the upsell email come to you, the TA, or both? My concern is that a large online TA may not pass the message on. The only upsell offer we ever got is when we booked direct with Princess.

Edited by Musky Ike

For those that use a TA, does the upsell email come to you, the TA, or both? My concern is that a large online TA may not pass the message on. The only upsell offer we ever got is when we booked direct with Princess.

Imo, this is a valid concern. On a Celebrity TA in April, I booked with a large well known online TA agency(CC). Most on my Roll Call were getting upsell offers. I did not. I was happy with my location and price so I was conflicted as to whether I would accept one, but, I do wonder if one came to the agency and it wasn't passed on.

David, happy sailing!

Marie

Edited by FlorenceItaly

We got the upsell email via our TA. Did not do it as it wasn't worth the price that we paid for the cruise and cat.

If you book thru a TA then it comes directly from the TA. Mine always calls and emails us right away so we can jump on it if we want to.

Makes sense, as the TA would be the one to actually make the change. However it would not be difficult for Princess to Cc the customer email address on file. Not all TA's may be as diligent as yours.:)

Once we booked through an agent and she forwarded the upsell offer to us. Another time I booked through a large warehouse store that also has a travel agency and they told me that the email from Princess would go to an administrative email and that it could be a while, if ever, before anyone at the agency saw and acted on it. We ended up cancelling that cruise and haven't booked with them again.

$99pp for the mini

Thank you sKrodle ,for your answer.

Hope my post did not come across too rude ....:o

It was too late to edit, when I went back and said to my self ,Hmmm.... should I have asked that?:)

Hope ,you a have a great cruise!

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Hi there-

I am 2 weeks away from a 1 day repo cruise... there are lots of cabins left including several full suites which they are charging a very high price for... I am figuring these will go on upsell, but I wanted to try and contact the Yield department to see if they could help me out and offer an upsell to me.

I am pretty sure I have seen here in the past a phone number or contact for Yield with Princess... but searching through the boards I was not able to find it.

Anyone know a way to call and ask about an upsell? (I know calling the general reservation number will get me no results)

Thanks!

Here is the number: 1-800-625-4309 its actually for Norwegian but you could probably just ask to be transferred to princess upsell department. I'm sure all cruise lines use the same call center overseas.. good luck and post your success story!!!

Here is the number: 1-800-625-4309 its actually for Norwegian but you could probably just ask to be transferred to princess upsell department. I'm sure all cruise lines use the same call center overseas.. good luck and post your success story!!!

Terrible advice! Norwegian has its own, you can apparently do this with Norwegian. However, Princess is not Norwegian, not even affiliated, not even close. There's no number for Yield Management on Princess.