Carnival Splendor will return to Long Beach

Applealex

Finally, a new ship to try. I've been on the Inspiration, Imagination, and the Miracle out of Long Beach.

The Splendor has been out here before when she lost power and was adrift for days and had to have food and water supplied courtesy of the U.S.S. Reagan. Hopefully her deployment to the west coast will go more smoothly this time.

The Splendor has been out here before when she lost power and was adrift for days and had to have food and water supplied courtesy of the U.S.S. Reagan. Hopefully her deployment to the west coast will go more smoothly this time.

When was the Splendor out in the west coast?

I too wish we would get a different ship!

The Splendor was out here several years ago.

We had her booked but then she had problems, a fire or something and we didn't go.

I would certainly be interested in a Panama Canal repositioning cruise though!!:p

She also had an issue with lining up to the Long Beach ramp one cruise. Messed up many with travel plans after the cruise.

During the Swine Flu, cruises on her were cheap.

Dang. Was hoping for a Conquest or Dream class to come to LB. I sailed the Splendor last time she was in LB. Maybe a quick drydock for Guy's and Blue Iguana?

Splendor will be going to China in 2019 so no Guys or Blue Iguana

I'll be interested in the repo cruise if it goes through the canal. Sad that it will be the Splendor as I was hoping a 2.0'd ship would come to Long Beach. At least it's only there for roughly a year.

Splendor will be going to China in 2019 so no Guys or Blue Iguana

According to my PVP, Carnival is just going to build a ship specific to the Chinese market (because of the dramatic culture differences) rather than trying to renovate a current ship.

Carnival is certainly confused as to what they plan to do with China. First it was both Miracle and Splendor would be going. Then it was pushed back a year. Then Miracle isn't going at all (confirmed). And now apparently Legend is leaving Australia and doing China? They can't seem to make up their minds!!

I guess I lucked out . . . cruised her once before the fire and twice after the fire ;). . . LOL. My favorite Carnival ship. Sure hope she's going to do the weekly run to the Mexican Riviera and not the spotty trade-off runs to the Riviera, Hawaii-to-Vancouver, Vancouver-to-Hawaii, Alaska destinations.

Will sure be nice to get a 7-dayer that doesn't require air travel.:D Currently pulling my hair out over a cruise on the Breeze out of Galveston . . . hate airlines.:(