We are doing a b2b on the Regal

hugger

It is booked as one cruise.

This is our first B2B on Princess. Have done a few on HAL - we love the turn around day in FLL.

My question is do they try to not repeat the same menu's being it is sold as one cruise. Hal does this on their Collector's voyages so that we get a wide choice on the menu's with very little repeats. Wondering if Princess does it the same way.

Also, on turn around day in FLL HAL normally has immigration come onboard to clear the ship. It's fast and easily done without having to disembark wait and then go back on the ship.

Just wondering IF Princess does the same thing in FLL?

This will be our 11th cruise on Princess but our first B2B with them.

Princess usually repeats the menus on a b2b.

On the Royal earlier this year, we went to the theater and immigration checked us as we left the room. We did not have to get off the ship or stand in line. You do have to wait until everyone is off the ship or in the theater before you can leave the theater. Unfortunately, we had a pair of @#$% people, who arrived over an hour late.

This is our first B2B on Princess. Have done a few on HAL - we love the turn around day in FLL.

My question is do they try to not repeat the same menu's being it is sold as one cruise. Hal does this on their Collector's voyages so that we get a wide choice on the menu's with very little repeats. Wondering if Princess does it the same way.

Also, on turn around day in FLL HAL normally has immigration come onboard to clear the ship. It's fast and easily done without having to disembark wait and then go back on the ship.

Menus and production shows will repeat. Guest entertainers may repeat or they may change, depends if they stay on board. Parties may repeat or they may alternate them. So pace yourself for the two weeks.

It doesn't matter how you booked the cruise, you will still be required to go through immigration on turn around day. Princess handles the process two ways depending on how many passengers are involved in the turn around. In both cases you have the choice or disembarking the ship anytime up until the final disembarkation call, and returning to the ship anytime after general boarding has begun, around noon. When the number is small, around 100 or so you meet in a venue, usually the theater. When and only when ALL passengers are present a staff member leads you off the ship, through immigration and then back onto the ship. When the number is large again you meet and when all are present Princess notifies immigration. They then come on board and clear the passengers. When you are seated in the theater you are scanned as being "off the ship."

Edited by sknight

Princess usually repeats the menus on a b2b.

On the Royal earlier this year, we went to the theater and immigration checked us as we left the room. We did not have to get off the ship or stand in line. You do have to wait until everyone is off the ship or in the theater before you can leave the theater. Unfortunately, we had a pair of @#$% people, who arrived over an hour late.

It's so frustrating as there is always someone in the crowd. Last November on the Eurodam there were 3 couples - two FINALLY SHOWED UP - the other couple NEVER showed. I overheard the woman saying later that they kept hearing their name over the PA system but didn't realize they needed to do anything! WHAT If I heard my name repeatedly over the PA I wouldn't just lie by the pool and not FIND OUT what was going on.

Fortunately, the custom agent in charge took pity on the rest of us. We were comfortably seated in the theater and didn't have to get off the ship. This agent was such a sweetheart of a guy - he literally walked between the rows of seat's checking both aisles on either side of him and released us. Then they went searching the entire ship to find that Other COUPLE - LOSER's.

I am pleased to hear that Princess is able to handle the procedure in a similar way when immigration allows for it.:)

Menus and production shows will repeat. Guest entertainers may repeat or they may change, depends if they stay on board. Parties may repeat or they may alternate them. So pace yourself for the two weeks.

It doesn't matter how you booked the cruise, you will still be required to go through immigration on turn around day. Princess handles the process two ways depending on how many passengers are involved in the turn around. In both cases you have the choice or disembarking the ship anytime up until the final disembarkation call, and returning to the ship anytime after general boarding has begun, around noon. When the number is small, around 100 or so you meet in a venue, usually the theater. When and only when ALL passengers are present a staff member leads you off the ship, through immigration and then back onto the ship. When the number is large again you meet and when all are present Princess notifies immigration. They then come on board and clear the passengers. When you are seated in the theater you are scanned as being "off the ship."

Thank you for your detailed explanation as to how they handle it on Princess. I never knew how/why immigration made the decision to do it on the ship or off. I thought it was depending on their mood that day :-)

So the 100 of repeats is the set point - thanks.

It would be nice if Princess tried not to do the repeat. Especially when offering the cruise as a 14 day booking. However, we will be able to find enough entertainment venue's. And, certainly enough dining menu's to try.

Just being onboard a ship makes us happy.

It would be nice if Princess tried not to do the repeat. Especially when offering the cruise as a 14 day booking. However, we will be able to find enough entertainment venue's. And, certainly enough dining menu's to try.

I agree. But we do other options for B2B. In the afternoon, we look at the menu posted near the entrance. If there was a repeat, we check if we can try another entree, being at least 5, we didn't order before. If not to our liking, we go to the buffet or IC.

Enjoy your B2B on the Regal!

Thank you for your detailed explanation as to how they handle it on Princess. I never knew how/why immigration made the decision to do it on the ship or off. I thought it was depending on their mood that day :-)

So the 100 of repeats is the set point - thanks.

Forgot to mention. You are not required to go to the muster on the second leg.

FYI, Princess is offering a four 14 day Circle the Caribbean cruises on the Caribbean Princess for the 2017/2018 season.

We dis a 14 day B2B in Feb. Western Caribbean & Eastern Caribbean. The menu stayed the same. We do the celebrity Eclipse as we don't like the return to Florida. We kind of feel it's a wasted day. If we do it again, we might do an excursion. We're also interested in the true 14 day trips on the Caribbean Princess in 2018. We found the food to be rather bland compared to Celebrity/Cunard. The exception being the seafood, which was very good. The room service menu is pretty awful compared to the 2 previous cruiselines we've done. I have no problem paying extra for decent room service(especially breakfast)but give pax the opportunity.

It's so frustrating as there is always someone in the crowd. Last November on the Eurodam there were 3 couples - two FINALLY SHOWED UP - the other couple NEVER showed. I overheard the woman saying later that they kept hearing their name over the PA system but didn't realize they needed to do anything! WHAT If I heard my name repeatedly over the PA I wouldn't just lie by the pool and not FIND OUT what was going on.

Fortunately, the custom agent in charge took pity on the rest of us. We were comfortably seated in the theater and didn't have to get off the ship. This agent was such a sweetheart of a guy - he literally walked between the rows of seat's checking both aisles on either side of him and released us. Then they went searching the entire ship to find that Other COUPLE - LOSER's.

I am pleased to hear that Princess is able to handle the procedure in a similar way when immigration allows for it.:)

Some of "those" people need to be kicked off the ship!!

It will be a repeat.

Be sure to check when you return that you get the proper Captains Club credit

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can even check now in your cruise history. I was surprised that our B2B credits were recorded correctly even before our cruise last October. Before that cruise we had to call after the cruise to have Princess make the correction. It only took a couple of minutes but it is much better not to have to remember one more thing to take care of when you return.

Edited by capriccio