Mini bar

cat5dog1

The cabins I've been in have mini coolers with canned soda and bottled water. I've not yet experienced the ethereal joy of a suite. We always ask our cabin attendant to empty it at the beginning of the cruise. I surmise you can do the same in a suite.

We have this done to eliminate any questions of who drank what.

To your question of cost yes, everything in there costs extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After you have it emptied can you put your own stuff in it?

Just a note that you should empty it yourself and leave a note for Bar Services personnel that you have removed some or all of the contents. Your cabin steward is not responsible for the fridge so it just takes a minute to empty it yourself. :) Yes, you may put your own items in there.

Do all the cabins have mini bars in them? If so can you have it locked or emptied? I assume the items in it would cost extra and don't want the kids emptying it out with a big bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were surprised on our Anthem Aug. 25th cruise, on the 2nd nite we received a notice that the mini bar would be emptied and gave a listing of drinks/snacks to choose if we desired to keep in the bar. We chose total empty and used the mini bar fridge to keep the 5 bottles of water and 2 diet cokes received as complimentary for the D+ status. Total surprised and was wondering if it's a new RCL policy. Has anyone else experienced the same?

Will they take their contents that were in it back or do we have to store then until after the cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

usually they leave them in the room, sometimes easy to get at, sometimes not. if you don't want the kids to access them, at all, and cannot trust them to do as they are told and NOT touch them, then put them under the bed, or in closet on a high shelf. but make very sure you do leave a note explaining here they are as you WILL be charged if they are just missing.

bear in mind that they will NOT keep things cold, only slightly below room temp.

We were surprised on our Anthem Aug. 25th cruise, on the 2nd nite we received a notice that the mini bar would be emptied and gave a listing of drinks/snacks to choose if we desired to keep in the bar. We chose total empty and used the mini bar fridge to keep the 5 bottles of water and 2 diet cokes received as complimentary for the D+ status. Total surprised and was wondering if it's a new RCL policy. Has anyone else experienced the same?

this is gonna sound weird, but maybe they were short on some supplies and needed to consolidate? keeping what stock they had reserved for the ones actually using it? we used to do that when I worked in a hotel and a strike screwed up our deliveries for a few weeks. we just left notes in the rooms that X items were available upon request.

Our attendants have told us that we can empty it but they will not. So we do. We just put the stuff in a cabinet. Then we put it back in the last night.

Unlike others, I've been perfectly happy with how cold out fridges keep things. We keep liter bottles of water in them and they've been perfectly refreshingly cold, not just "above room temperature". Two rooms in freedom and a new pano room in vision. Maybe we've just been lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your particular "dorm fridge" doesn't cool well, prop open the cabinet door that the fridge is hiding behind. Fridges need air flow, and they cool better with the cabinet door ajar.

Nowadays, most insulin doesn't require refrigeration except for long term storage....once opened, it's ok for about a week or two!

If you decide to empty it and fill it with your own "stuff", keep in mind that it's not very cold. DH is diabetic and we always request a separate refrigerator to hold his insulin.

On the Anthem it was sufficient to maintain my wife's insulin.

this is gonna sound weird, but maybe they were short on some supplies and needed to consolidate? keeping what stock they had reserved for the ones actually using it? we used to do that when I worked in a hotel and a strike screwed up our deliveries for a few weeks. we just left notes in the rooms that X items were available upon request.

Except, that they provided us with a list of items that if we wished to keep in the bar. It was pretty extensive.

If your particular "dorm fridge" doesn't cool well, prop open the cabinet door that the fridge is hiding behind. Fridges need air flow, and they cool better with the cabinet door ajar.

Nowadays, most insulin doesn't require refrigeration except for long term storage....once opened, it's ok for about a week or two!

My insulin comes with labels saying it is good for 28days out of the fridge. I would never bother refrigerating on a trip (we don't travel 4 weeks at a time). Of course, the room temperature being stored at needs to be considered it will deteriorate faster in the outdoors in the Caribbean than it will in a hotel/cruise ship room.

• 4 weeks later...
Do all the cabins have mini bars in them? If so can you have it locked or emptied? I assume the items in it would cost extra and don't want the kids emptying it out with a big bill.

It depends on what ship you are on and what cabin.

I am looking at two cruises - one on Vision of the Seas and the other on Adventure of the Seas. It seems both of these ships do NOT have a mini bar/fridge in the Interior or the Outside Window cabins. The newer class ships I've been on did have a mini fridge, but not these ships.

I am looking at two cruises - one on Vision of the Seas and the other on Adventure of the Seas. It seems both of these ships do NOT have a mini bar/fridge in the Interior or the Outside Window cabins. The newer class ships I've been on did have a mini fridge, but not these ships.

Looking at her posts, you can see that she will be on the Anthem.

She will have a mini-fridge.

You are correct about the Vision.

The Adventure, however, has a mini-fridge (such as it is ;)) in every cabin.

You are correct about the Vision.

The Adventure, however, has a mini-fridge (such as it is ;)) in every cabin.

Oh great! This is good news. Thanks. I do enjoy my beverages cold. I guess on the Vision I'll have to bother the staff for ice.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

My insulin comes with labels saying it is good for 28days out of the fridge. I would never bother refrigerating on a trip (we don't travel 4 weeks at a time). Of course, the room temperature being stored at needs to be considered it will deteriorate faster in the outdoors in the Caribbean than it will in a hotel/cruise ship room.

Ask your room steward for a small refrigerator. My husband has diabetes and the mini fridge isn't really cold. They'll bring you a portable.

So if you order a 6 pack, you pay got all 6 meaning there's no option of just drinking one when you feel the urge without going to a bar and buying one?

Wouldn't that be wonderful if RC would standardize this hopefully new policy. I would love the choice of a empty mini bar especially if they would do the emptying. I always do it myself and sometimes get charged. I have never used the mini bar and would love a choice.....even prior to boarding. RC, think of saving personal and paying someone to check each day.