how often does RCI offer 20% off shore excursions deal?

tyrannosaur

Is there a code for the 20% off? I tried booking an excursion for my upcoming Anthem cruise to Bermuda but the 20% was not showing up :( Perhaps Bermuda isn't included?

No code, it just shows up onyour Cruise Planner if your sailing is included.

When I spoke to an RCI representative on the phone yesterday, he mentioned that RCI was offering discounts online for drink packages, internet packages and now shore excursions in an attempt to encourage pax to book as many of these things in advance as possible so as not to have to do it once on board. If it is successful he felt RCI would continue to offer the discounts.

Is there a code for the 20% off? I tried booking an excursion for my upcoming Anthem cruise to Bermuda but the 20% was not showing up :( Perhaps Bermuda isn't included?

This sale is only for select Caribbean, Europe, and Australia itineraries. The discount wasn't available for my Grandeur cruise to Bermuda next week either.

I'm not convinced this is truly 20% off on excursions listed. For example, my upcoming cruise on FOS in Oct shows beach bungalows for $225 (20% off included). Normally these are listed at $250 so it's more like 10%. Also the beach bed is listed at $165 (20% off included). And that's the same price it's been on my cruise planner since June when I booked. I've noticed the kid prices don't always reflect the discount either.

Its just a marketing ploy as RCI math is not always correct. We've seen it with the drink packages as well. There are some accurate 20% off deals, but hard to ever know with mystery pricing. I'm taking screen shots of the 20% off excursions then will compare when sale is over and compare.

I'm not convinced this is truly 20% off on excursions listed. For example, my upcoming cruise on FOS in Oct shows beach bungalows for $225 (20% off included). Normally these are listed at $250 so it's more like 10%. Also the beach bed is listed at $165 (20% off included). And that's the same price it's been on my cruise planner since June when I booked. I've noticed the kid prices don't always reflect the discount either.

Its just a marketing ploy as RCI math is not always correct. We've seen it with the drink packages as well. There are some accurate 20% off deals, but hard to ever know with mystery pricing. I'm taking screen shots of the 20% off excursions then will compare when sale is over and compare.

I downloaded the Shore Excursion brochures for our upcoming cruises a couple of months ago so had "previous prices". For us the 20% off sale was just that. Included excursions were clearly marked in Cruise Planner and the ones we chose were 20% lower than they were in the Shore Excursion brochure I had previously downloaded.

This is the 1st time I've seen a sale like this that, for us, was a true sale.

I downloaded the Shore Excursion brochures for our upcoming cruises a couple of months ago so had "previous prices". For us the 20% off sale was just that. Included excursions were clearly marked in Cruise Planner and the ones we chose were 20% lower than they were in the Shore Excursion brochure I had previously downloaded.

Where did you download the brochure from?

This sale was great for us! We had been researching excursions for our upcoming Oasis cruise and had been writing down options and prices. We ended up saving about $100 on the two excursions we booked for our family of four. Any little bit helps!

The beach beds were $100 instead of $156, the clamshell with loungers were $41 instead of $56. It was worth it for me and I booked the clamshell.

I looked at a tour that was offering the 20% off. The price this last weekend had the tour listed as " price listed reflects the 20% off" on a red banner on the tour page. It was 20% off what was showing up last week, so it was a good deal.

I got busy over the weekend and did not book it. I logged in tonight and went to excursions page, the sale banner is gone of course, but the price stated still reflects the 20% off.

While we normally book private excursions, the discount did entice us into booking a ship excursion in Cozumel. We're cruising on Liberty in December and the 20% off was offered. However it wasnt available on our cruise in January on Brilliance.

Fall (except for Thanksgiving) is usually the slow time for cruising.

Edited by sellwingri

• 1 year later...

How do you book privately? I'm worried about scams and such.

While we normally book private excursions, the discount did entice us into booking a ship excursion in Cozumel. We're cruising on Liberty in December and the 20% off was offered. However it wasnt available on our cruise in January on Brilliance.

Fall (except for Thanksgiving) is usually the slow time for cruising.

How do you book privately? I'm worried about scams and such.

Use TripAdvisor and the ports of call boards here on cruise Critic.

Other people's recommendations are your best insurance from scams "and such". [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums