Design flaw on Carnival Victory new cabins

PA2CRUISE

We've had many Carnival inside cabins but the new beautician cabins can be dangerous. Please use caution. I had to move my husband to the side of the bed closer to the door since he cut his head. This is definitely a design flaw.

How did he cut his head? On what?

With the new cabins, there is a very tight space to walk between the bed and the wall cabinent. So with this and since the new cabins have the upper cabinetry sticking out, it can cause any tall person to hit their head. You would actually have to duck or move your head to the side when walking past it. And the corner of it is not rounded at all which makes it even more dangerous. DH is 6"1 and he easily cut his head. Thankfully it wasn't a major cut.

We estimated that anyone around 5"8' or taller would have an issue. He hit his head while sober and in the daytime. Can you imagine the impact if it was on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night - or if he was intoxicated? To further avoid this issue, we changed his side of the bed to the other side and tried to make sure he didn't have to use that side of the room.

I added a pic to cruiselinerooms to show.

http://www.shipcabins.com/popup_cabin.php?ship=Carnival%20Victory&cabin=2358

Is that cabinet even usable? Surprised they haven't rounded the corner? Maybe they can retrofit some stick on rubber nubs to alleviate the sharp corner.

I looked at another pic I had and from what I can tell, it's not useable for passenger use. There are light fixtures underneath but I have no idea why the cabinets are so big.

No doubt you should send your picture and a description of what happened to Carnival, or send an email with a link to this thread. Hope dh is okay. Did he seek medical treatment, so at least Carnival has a record of how the injury happened? Or report it to Guest Services. I am sure your dh won't be the last to hit that poorly designed cabinet.

The designers didn't think this through very well it seems.

^Agreed. It is a sad state that those who design many things have no actual experience prior to their design nor using their design after it being implemented.

As far as the OP's situation.... yeesh that'll put you on the ground w tears welling in your eyes! EEK!