Which way do you walk around the promenade deck

rapata

This question is a little like which is the correct way to put toilet paper on the holder:D

Is there a commonly accepted "correct" direction to walk around the promenade deck when doing laps .... i.e. clockwise or counterclockwise or do we just go with the flow at any particular time.

counterclockwise / go with the flow

As you walk/run ....leave your old Canadian pennies on the track.

One per lap.

If one walks clockwise, one gets to see all the folks heading in the opposite direction...some would say it is best to "keep to the left"...old habits die hard...

This question is a little like which is the correct way to put toilet paper on the holder:D

Is there a commonly accepted "correct" direction to walk around the promenade deck when doing laps .... i.e. clockwise or counterclockwise or do we just go with the flow at any particular time.

As a first timer on a cruise ship, I would have never thought about which way to walk around the promenade deck. Now I know.

As for the correct way to put toilet paper on the holder? Over of course... This way you can see the pattern on the paper. :D

As a first timer on a cruise ship, I would have never thought about which way to walk around the promenade deck. Now I know.

As for the correct way to put toilet paper on the holder? Over of course... This way you can see the pattern on the paper. :D

No right or wrong, although most persons do seem to go counterclockwise. No running on the promenade. People sitting in lounge chairs, hanging over the rail looking, and just strolling. Do it any way you want.

If one walks clockwise, one gets to see all the folks heading in the opposite direction...some would say it is best to "keep to the left"...old habits die hard...

I do it the opposite way (clockwise) to everyone else for that reason, say hello etc to fellow travelers.

We drive on the left and go clockwise round roundabouts.

Mike

Pommie Kiwi

For me, it depends on where I came from. If I started forward & starboard side, I would go keep going straight (clockwise). If I started aft & starboard side, I would also keep going straight (counter-clockwise).

And yes, sometimes even walking *backwards* depending on which way the wind was blowing!

When I was in the Navy we had an acronym we used to remember the way to get to General Quarters- FUSSPAD. It means "Foward and Up, Starboard Side, Port Aft and Down". When you have 6000 sailors all running to get to battle stations it helps if everyone is going in the same direction.

So when I am walking on the Promenade deck I walk forward on the starboard side and aft on the port side. Which is a rather long way of saying "counter-clockwise":o.

Edited by sparks1093