Hurricane Matthew Thread

2thesea

10/7 cruise on the Dream has been cancelled. Check for email.

Website is now updated with all changes.

Tropical Weather Update

October 5, 2016 – 4:30 p.m.

Based on the projected path of Hurricane Matthew, as well as its expected impact on the Bahamas, Disney Cruise Line is making the following adjustments to itineraries:

Disney Dream

The October 3 sailing of the Disney Dream is being extended by one day, as Port Canaveral will not be available for the ship’s scheduled arrival on Friday, October 7. We are now planning to disembark in Port Canaveral on Saturday, October 8, once the Coast Guard has determined that the port is safe for cruise ship operations. We are working with the guests onboard to assist them with their travel arrangements.

The October 7 sailing of the Disney Dream from Port Canaveral is being cancelled. Refunds will automatically be processed back to the original form of payment used for cruise bookings. Guests are invited to call us at 1-866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 beginning Monday, Oct. 10, to book a future cruise at a discount.

Disney Magic

The October 7 sailing of the Disney Magic from New York is being changed to a Canadian itinerary, with plans to visit Sydney, Nova Scotia; Halifax, Nova Scotia; and Saint John, New Brunswick. Guests who remain on this revised itinerary will receive an onboard credit. Guests who would like to rebook a future sailing at a discount OR cancel their sailing for a full refund are invited to call us at 1-866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032.

Disney Fantasy

The October 8 Disney Fantasy sailing from Port Canaveral to the eastern Caribbean is expected to sail as scheduled. We will continue to monitor the weather and make any necessary adjustments.

While we always strive to deliver magical cruise vacations, nothing is more important to us than providing a safe experience for our guests and crew. We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Matthew and provide updates as necessary.

You can't even get through to call about changing!! :eek:

Their call lines are going to be swamped now. They have a dedicated team working with those involved for this weekend's affected sailings. Be patient and your call will be answered.

Website is now updated with all changes.

Tropical Weather Update

October 5, 2016 – 4:30 p.m.

Based on the projected path of Hurricane Matthew, as well as its expected impact on the Bahamas, Disney Cruise Line is making the following adjustments to itineraries:

Disney Dream

The October 3 sailing of the Disney Dream is being extended by one day, as Port Canaveral will not be available for the ship’s scheduled arrival on Friday, October 7. We are now planning to disembark in Port Canaveral on Saturday, October 8, once the Coast Guard has determined that the port is safe for cruise ship operations. We are working with the guests onboard to assist them with their travel arrangements.

The October 7 sailing of the Disney Dream from Port Canaveral is being cancelled. Refunds will automatically be processed back to the original form of payment used for cruise bookings. Guests are invited to call us at 1-866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 beginning Monday, Oct. 10, to book a future cruise at a discount.

Disney Magic

The October 7 sailing of the Disney Magic from New York is being changed to a Canadian itinerary, with plans to visit Sydney, Nova Scotia; Halifax, Nova Scotia; and Saint John, New Brunswick. Guests who remain on this revised itinerary will receive an onboard credit. Guests who would like to rebook a future sailing at a discount OR cancel their sailing for a full refund are invited to call us at 1-866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032.

Disney Fantasy

The October 8 Disney Fantasy sailing from Port Canaveral to the eastern Caribbean is expected to sail as scheduled. We will continue to monitor the weather and make any necessary adjustments.

While we always strive to deliver magical cruise vacations, nothing is more important to us than providing a safe experience for our guests and crew. We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Matthew and provide updates as necessary.

I hope the Dream and Fantasy toped up thier supplies at the last port. The GFS model is calling for Matthew to do a power up circle and come back thru the middle of Florida.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I hope the Dream and Fantasy toped up thier supplies at the last port. The GFS model is calling for Matthew to do a power up circle and come back thru the middle of Florida.

Me too! I have clients on the Fantasy right now, my gut tells me docking at PC on Saturday isn't likely to happen! Hope i'm wrong though, they are scheduled to fly home Saturday afternoon...

They will not bring food onto the ship from a foreign country. Only North America, or American territories and of course European countries while there.

ex techie

Ft. Lauderdale should be OK, so I would think the ships would dock there, if there is space.

Miami port closed today at 3, I would suspect Port Everglades closed as well. It's a wait and see game on when the ports will open.

Me too! I have clients on the Fantasy right now, my gut tells me docking at PC on Saturday isn't likely to happen! Hope i'm wrong though, they are scheduled to fly home Saturday afternoon...

That's if MCO is open by then. I've heard they are ceasing operations as of 8pm Thursday.

When Charlie came thru in 2004 the airport didn't open until at least Sunday. We were supposed to fly out the day after Charlie hit and ended up driving to Tampa since we couldn't get a flight out of MCO until Monday at the earliest - Charlie came thru Central FL Friday evening. Matthew is suppose to hit Central FL as a cat. 4, the strongest to hit the area.

Miami port closed today at 3, I would suspect Port Everglades closed as well. It's a wait and see game on when the ports will open.

I am thinking damage wise, port Everglades should be OK. I would think it would also reopen faster. There should be a day or 2 window as the storm makes it circle that PE can reopen to off load.

Jim Cantore is just south of PC, so it could be a while before it can reopen.

We just received an email that they're only refunding $250 of our $2700+ cruise fare. Is that typical?

Absolutely not.

As the text of the advisory states, everyone on the cancelled cruise will receive a full refund and a discount on a future cruise if they wish to cruise again.

As it states the refund will be credited back to you via the payment method, did you use a different card to make a deposit?

ex techie

Absolutely not.

As the text of the advisory states, everyone on the cancelled cruise will receive a full refund and a discount on a future cruise if they wish to cruise again.

As it states the refund will be credited back to you via the payment method, did you use a different card to make a deposit?

ex techie

That's why we were surprised when we received the email saying $2500 was "non-refundable".

Currently on minute 95 of the Disney waiting music. That after my phone died suddenly after being on hold for an hour. We're trying to book the Oct 10 sailing of the Dream as well (we have a room on hold through the website).

Ugh. This is a pain. We found another place to kennel the dog, so we're just completely reworking the whole vacation. We have to rework Disney reservations as well.

This vacation is not very relaxing so far.

At least we're not in the path of this thing and danger. Hope everyone that is stays safe.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

That's why we were surprised when we received the email saying $2500 was "non-refundable".

Currently on minute 95 of the Disney waiting music. That after my phone died suddenly after being on hold for an hour. We're trying to book the Oct 10 sailing of the Dream as well (we have a room on hold through the website).

Ugh. This is a pain. We found another place to kennel the dog, so we're just completely reworking the whole vacation. We have to rework Disney reservations as well.

This vacation is not very relaxing so far.

At least we're not in the path of this thing and danger. Hope everyone that is stays safe.

So sorry you are going through this.

If you used the same method of payment, i.e. the same card for deposit and for final payment, then it must be an I.T glitch. An unacceptable I.T glitch.

Hang in there, and I hope you get your new reservation transferred across and a great time on your cruise!

Although it is a real pain right now, I hope it makes the vacation sweeter when you finally get to go!

ex techie

We just received an email that they're only refunding $250 of our $2700+ cruise fare. Is that typical?

No, this is not typical...but we don't know which cruise you were booked on and it looks like you are trying to book another cruise.

If you are on the Dream cruise that was canceled, you will get a 100% refund PLUS the ability to book another cruise at a discount (they didn't say how much discount).

If you are booked on the Magic and are choosing to not sail, you will get a full refund OR the ability to book a future cruise at a discount (but not both).

Unfortunately you are going to need to play the "on hold" game and speak to a real live person. There's an error in there somewhere!

No' date=' this is not typical...but we don't know which cruise you were booked on and it looks like you are trying to book another cruise.

If you are on the Dream cruise that was canceled, you will get a 100% refund PLUS the ability to book another cruise at a discount (they didn't say how much discount).

If you are booked on the Magic and are choosing to not sail, you will get a full refund OR the ability to book a future cruise at a discount (but not both).

Unfortunately you are going to need to play the "on hold" game and speak to a real live person. There's an error in there somewhere![/quote']

Sorry. We were on the Dream Oct 7 cruise. We received the email while waiting for a CM on the phone to try to book the Oct 10 Dream cruise with the discount. I guess we have two issues for them now! Ugh.

Yay! After 4.5 hours we got someone on the phone. They said the refunds are all messed up because of a system error that should be corrected soon. We did get booked on the Oct 10 and they gave us a 20% discount. 4 days for $30 than the 3 day. Not too bad.

Yay! After 4.5 hours we got someone on the phone. They said the refunds are all messed up because of a system error that should be corrected soon. We did get booked on the Oct 10 and they gave us a 20% discount. 4 days for $30 than the 3 day. Not too bad.

That is great news!

Your perseverance paid off!

Hopefully you can relax a bit more now and get to planning for a great vacation!

ex techie

They will not bring food onto the ship from a foreign country. Only North America, or American territories and of course European countries while there.

ex techie

someone on the dream now reported that he was told they'd loaded two weeks of food in PC before leaving...so they have food for a while just in case..

they left cozumel last night on their way to costa maya for thursday...

then a day at sea

then if all goes well, back to PC on saturday..

but personally, i have my doubts about PC on saturday...time will tell..