New Celebrity Contest !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

With all of the "frenetic" conversation on the new Celebrity Ad (wowsers ! LOL), I thought it would be nice to try and change the subject if only for a few moments, and post something fun...

I noticed that Celebrity is running a new contest for US & Canadian residents (excluding Quebec), where you can win a Celebrity Caribbean Getaway for 4. Entries through 10/26/16. No, it's not a contest to pick their next ad campaign :). It's actually very easy to enter.

Here's the link : http://www.celebritycruisessweepstakes.com/

Here's a link to the rules : http://www.celebritycruisessweepstakes.com/Celebrity-Cruises-Caribbean-Getaway-Sweepstakes-Official-Rules.pdf

Good Luck !

Hi Everyone,

I noticed that Celebrity is running a new contest for US & Canadian residents (excluding Quebec), where you can win a Celebrity Caribbean Getaway for 4. Entries through 10/26/16. No, it's not a contest to pick their next ad campaign :). It's actually very easy to enter.

Here's the link : http://www.celebritycruisessweepstakes.com/

Here's a link to the rules : http://www.celebritycruisessweepstakes.com/Celebrity-Cruises-Caribbean-Getaway-Sweepstakes-Official-Rules.pdf

Good Luck !

Why is Quebec always excluded from contests????:confused::confused:

Here is a link to a story in the Financial Post. Hope I'm allowed to add this sort of link.

http://business.financialpost.com/entrepreneur/why-many-contests-exclude-quebec-residents

Long story short, Quebec has lots of strange laws/rules and for many companies it's easier to opt out and not offer a contest/prize then to try and meet the requirements.

There may be something to loose. They value this at the brochure prices and that means if you win, you may have to pay tax on that amount since it counts as income. Also, the 4 people that you win the cruise for, is for one cabin.

There may be something to loose. They value this at the brochure prices and that means if you win, you may have to pay tax on that amount since it counts as income. Also, the 4 people that you win the cruise for, is for one cabin.

Great. please encourage all Americans, where it's taxable not to enter which will give us Canadians, where it's not taxable, a better chance to win :p

I noticed this also....Maybe good for a family with 2 small children, adults not so much..

Hi Everyone,

I've just gotta say it. Amazing how some can take this discussion into a tax debate. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth ! Sheesh :)

Here's a thought : If you don't want to pay the taxes, then don't enter the contest. This way, you don't have to worry about spending a week in the Caribbean, visiting lovely ports, dining on excellent cuisine, enjoying great entertainment, and, be pampered by fantastic Offers & Crew on a stunningly beautiful cruise ship.

I've entered. Hope I win (or another dear CC member). I'll be happy to pay the taxes should I win.... which probably won't happen :)

Thank You Celebrity for offering the contest. Most of us do appreciate it.

Edited by Andy

Hi Everyone,

I've just gotta say it. Amazing how some can take this discussion into a tax debate. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth ! Sheesh :)

Here's a thought : If you don't want to pay the taxes, then don't enter the contest. This way, you don't have to worry about spending a week in the Caribbean, visiting lovely ports, dining on excellent cuisine, enjoying great entertainment, and, be pampered by fantastic Offers & Crew on a stunningly beautiful cruise ship.

I've entered. Hope I win (or another dear CC member). I'll be happy to pay the taxes should I win.... which probably won't happen :)

Well said Andy! The negativity can certainly become contagious. I'm with you in that I would be more than delighted to win this contest! Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention. I have entered and will squeal with delight should I or another CC member wins and brings it to our attention.

Save

Hi Everyone,

Andy,

As I'm not eligible to enter (and I'm not complaining :p), and should you win and are looking for willing volunteers, I honestly don't mind sharing with another 3 - I'd even pay my own taxes :D.

Because of Consumer Protection Laws. Too many fake contest and contest winners that never gets their prizes. Legit contest organizers needs to register and pay a fee. For a 10 000$ prize, that would be 150$. So, for 150$, this contest is not legal in Québec.

58. A person for whom a publicity contest is carried on in which the total value of the prizes offered exceeds $100 must pay to the board, at the same time as he sends the form provided for in section 59, the following duties:

(b) 3% of the value of a prize offered to a group of contestants from Canada exclusively, when that group includes contestants from Québec;

© 0.5% of the value of a prize offered to any other group of contestants including contestants from Québec.

1978, c. 36, s. 58

Hi Everyone,

Well said Andy, some people will Always find something to complain about. I entered for every email we have and would love to win. Will gladly pay the taxes and probably only take me and my hubby rather than 4 people. Hope I win!!!

I think you meant "lose" and you are right about the taxes. I won a trip to the Marlboro ranch earlier this year and a lot of the people I talked to there were shocked to learn they had to pay income tax and not sales tax on it. The amount really isn't much though. I think I'm paying about $1000 for that trip. This would probably be $2000 give or take.

Having said that it is well worth it for a cruise for up to 4 people. I will certainly be entering.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I think you meant "lose" and you are right about the taxes. I won a trip to the Marlboro ranch earlier this year and a lot of the people I talked to there were shocked to learn they had to pay income tax and not sales tax on it. The amount really isn't much though. I think I'm paying about $1000 for that trip. This would probably be $2000 give or take.

Having said that it is well worth it for a cruise for up to 4 people. I will certainly be entering.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

sorry to late to edit. The taxes will be much cheaper than $2000. I thought I saw the grand prize was valued at $10,000.

This post is spot on!

Hi Everyone,

Hi Everyone,

Beautiful, classy response.

Thanks for letting us all in on the contest. As much as I would love to win, I would be THRILLED for you, Andy, if you won! It would be so very well deserved.