Bringing Booze on board

ldtc2

We are booked on the Celebrity Reflection back to back eastern and southern Caribbean. Question for you: How much hard liquor is allowed on board and wine per passenger?

And, are rum runners still in use?

Thanks in advance -

LDTC2

We are booked on the Celebrity Reflection back to back eastern and southern Caribbean. Question for you: How much hard liquor is allowed on board and wine per passenger?

Thanks in advance -

LDTC2

On all our B2B Cruises we have always brought on board four 750 ml bottles wine and have never been questioned. Two for each leg of the Cruise. No beer or hard liquor may be brought aboard.

Per Celebrity's website:

Can I bring alcoholic beverages on board?

No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption. If you wish to bring personal wine onboard with you on the day you board your cruise, you may do so, limited to two (2) 750ml bottles per stateroom. When enjoyed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.

Edited by davekathy

Rum runners are still popular. We came to the conclusion that it's not worth the hassle. Bring your two bottles of wine, get a drink package and go from there. I can stay home and drink. When I'm cruising I want to get out of the room. With a drink package I'm set. Also if they find them you have to go to the naughty room. Is that really how you want to spend part of your vacation?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can bring one million bottles:eek: of wine onto the ship. You are going to pay $25 corkage for each bottle above two per stateroom.

There is a corkage fee on ALL bottles of wine if consumed in a restaurant, bar or dining venue. You can consume the wine in your cabin or on your balcony without a corkage fee.

"You can bring one million bottles of wine onto the ship. You are going to pay $25 corkage for each bottle above two per stateroom."

That is not correct and is misleading. I'm presuming it was posted as a joke.

You can bring two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom. If you enjoy that wine in your stateroom, there's no corkage charged. If you take the bottles to a bar or restaurant, the corkage is charged.

I THINK what he was trying to say is that if you want to bring more than two bottles, they will charge corkage immediately as you board. That might happen on some cruise lines, but not on Celebrity.

Thanks in advance -

LDTC2

As others have said, two bottles of wine per cabin are allowed. On a recent B2B I asked to be able to bring another two aboard at the turnaround. After consultation and discussion, permission granted. Note that, buried in the online menu system is a process for giving gifts to passengers. Flowers, wine, etc.You can gift yourself wine prior to the cruise. Booze is more difficult and much more expensive but it is possible to buy a bottle plus "setup" through a similar online process.

You can purchase liquor in the islands and it will be held until the last night of the cruise. That includes delivery on the last night of your first leg so in essence you can have a little something in your cabin for week two. I will qualify that because that was our experience in December, 2015 on a Summit b2b. I hope that is the same experience you will have.

You can purchase liquor in the islands and it will be held until the last night of the cruise. That includes delivery on the last night of your first leg so in essence you can have a little something in your cabin for week two. I will qualify that because that was our experience in December, 2015 on a Summit b2b. I hope that is the same experience you will have.

Others have recently reported that B2B passengers are not getting the liquor until the end of the second cruise

Others have recently reported that B2B passengers are not getting the liquor until the end of the second cruise

They need to make friends with someone on the ship or in the roll call and have them bring the extra bottles!

I don't drink wine, so doesn't apply to me, but why can't each person just bring 2 bottles (except for they are breaking the rules) and just not go thru security at the same time?

You can bring one million bottles:eek: of wine onto the ship. You are going to pay $25 corkage for each bottle above two per stateroom.

You are thinking of a different cruise line. On some other cruise line (not Celebrity) they allow you to bring any quantity of wine on but charge corkage at the point of boarding on any bottles brought on beyond the first two. On Celebrity they only allow you to bring two bottles on, period. Corkage is not charged at boarding on Celebrity and is only charged if and when you bring the bottles to the dining room, or a lounge, to drink. There is no corkage charged if you drink the bottles in your stateroom.

They need to make friends with someone on the ship or in the roll call and have them bring the extra bottles!

I don't drink wine, so doesn't apply to me, but why can't each person just bring 2 bottles (except for they are breaking the rules) and just not go thru security at the same time?

There are two different concepts getting confused here - one is bringing wine on board at the beginning of a cruise and the other is how they handle bottled LIQUOR purchased during the cruise.

The limit for bringing wine on board at the beginning of the cruise for consumption on board is two per cabin. The post you are referring to is discussing LIQUOR purchased at the on board shops or brought on board which is held by the ship until the end of the cruise. The normal procedure for liquor is for them to hold it and deliver it to your stateroom the night before disembarkation. Some back to back passengers have taken advantage of this by buying liquor during the first leg of their cruise, having it delivered at the end of the first leg and consuming it during the second leg. Sometimes this works and sometimes not - you'll never know ahead of time if they'll hold it until the end of your last leg or not.

Edited by Lsimon

...There are two different concepts getting confused here - one is bringing wine on board at the beginning of a cruise and the other is how they handle bottled LIQUOR purchased during the cruise.

The limit for bringing wine on board at the beginning of the cruise for consumption on board is two per cabin. The post you are referring to is discussing LIQUOR purchased at the on board shops or brought on board which is held by the ship until the end of the cruise. The normal procedure for liquor is for them to hold it and deliver it to your stateroom the night before disembarkation. Some back to back passengers have taken advantage of this by buying liquor during the first leg of their cruise, having it delivered at the end of the first leg and consuming it during the second leg. Sometimes this works and sometimes not - you'll never know ahead of time if they'll hold it until the end of your last leg or not.

Then it would work, at a port, to have someone else carry it back on to the ship (that isn't doing b2b).

Then it would work, at a port, to have someone else carry it back on to the ship (that isn't doing b2b).

yes, that certainly would work.

We have found that at most ports, they don't seem to care if you bring back liquor/wine/... with you. Occasionally, they will ask if you would step over to the table and check the wine with them until the end of the voyage. I had this happen to me once....and I said sure. Then I picked up my stuff and looked for the table....there was no table!!! So I just took the bottles to my room.

No consistency....just don't be surprised if they do store extra bottles for you...but our experience is that you'll have to lug them all the way to your cabin yourself....darn!!

Have bought wine in ports and have had it taken as we board from our day out.. OK as long as you are not flying after the end of cruise or crossing a border and you would rather claim hard liguor . Then you have wine to gussle or give away

We did a B2B on Solstice in 2014 (Vancouver-Honolulu-Sydney) and bought duty free on board at the end of the first cruise. We were able to pick it up the night before the B2B change, and thus enjoyed it on the second cruise.