Cruise Critic Log Book

imacruizer

1 hour ago, imacruizer said:

Today, something reminded me of the Cruise Critic Log Book on the  QM2.  The last post on this thread was 2017.  Has anyone signed the book recently?  Those of you who have followed the story of the book, know that it was lost for a while.  Thankfully it was found and returned to the library.  One of our very thoughtful Cruise Critic members placed a label on the book asking that if found, it should be returned to the library.  Hopefully it is still there.  The next time you sail on the QM2, go to the library and ask for the book.  You can sign it and read the notes that others have left.

Hi imacruizer,

I am so glad you brought this posting up again. I wish it can be placed in the sticky notes of this board to always be a reminder and available to be gotten too.

I was the one that used it in 2017 during the Independence Day Cruise and was happy to have added 15 new entries from those CC’ers attending the Meet & Greet. The attendees were happy I brought it and they were able to add their comments to the book. Of course, I brought it back to the Library for safekeeping. I am so happy that it safe & sound.

We were supposed to have sailed earlier this month and were once again bringing it to that M&G. Missed the opportunity to have 6 new CC’ers and add their segments.  

I always have it always on my list at home to bring it to the Meet & Greets and post that it was used as a reminder. Will remember it for the next time. Thank you!

Edited by BklynBoy8

19 hours ago, cpc3639 said:

We are lucky enough to be boarding QV on Sunday in Southampton on a trip to Iceland. I will definitely be looking for the log book in the library to sign. What a lovely tradition. 

Please ask about the Log Book while you are on QV.  If you find it in the library, sign it and encourage other Cruise Critic members to do the same.  After your voyage,  please reply to this thread and let us know if you found the book.  If not, someone may want to start a new log book on the QV. 

2 hours ago, imacruizer said:

Please ask about the Log Book while you are on QV.  If you find it in the library, sign it and encourage other Cruise Critic members to do the same.  After your voyage,  please reply to this thread and let us know if you found the book.  If not, someone may want to start a new log book on the QV. 

The QM2 Log Book is alive and well, and residing in the library :).

I had forgotten all about the log books - I ran up to the QM2 library and signed it, so now it has a 2019 entry. The librarian knew exactly what I was looking for!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

I'm not sure if I have ever signed it, I must try and remember in November.

It was such fun reading through all of the comments from 2017 - and a good excuse not to get the packing done!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, safarigal said:

The QM2 Log Book is alive and well, and residing in the library :).

I had forgotten all about the log books - I ran up to the QM2 library and signed it, so now it has a 2019 entry. The librarian knew exactly what I was looking for!

Oh, Lesley!!!  Thanks so much for checking on the Log Book.  What great news that it is right where it should be and that the librarian is familiar with it.

35 minutes ago, safarigal said:

It was such fun reading through all of the comments from 2017 - and a good excuse not to get the packing done!

I agree!!  Reading through the Log Book is great fun!  I love seeing the Cruise Critic names.  It brings back so many wonderful memories.  Lesley, I hope you had an amazing voyage!!

Beth

• 4 weeks later...

Recently returned from our voyage to Iceland on QV.  Unfortunately I was unable to locate the logbook despite several attempts. I tried the library, the book shop and pursers desk. Most of the crew looked bemused. Librarian said he remembers seeing it in the past. 

On the Queen Mary 2 we always stop by the Library and don't forget to sign it on each sailing.

We even take it to the Meet & Greets each trip and have all add their comments to the logbook.

The newbie Cunarders get a kick out of adding their additions to the book that keeps sailing with the ship.

They also find it interesting to read all the comments others have added to the book during their trip recognizing a lot of the other CC'ers names.

All have to remember to bring it back to the library so the tradition can live on.

• 2 years later...

Thought I wouldn't have found this bookmarks in my Cruise Critic folder.

Wanted to return it on the boards from way back when.

Can't wait to return on board and enter our thought and comment in the Cruise Critic Log Book that is held in the Library of the QM2. We take it out on each sailing to our Cruise Critic Meet & Greet to allow the members to continue to be part of each sailing. We enjoy to see what we entered into the past and what new entries there are.

So in about 5 months and 6 day will continue the traditional started a longtime ago.

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, safarigal said:

I think the log book has gone the way of Hyacinth's Bucket 😞

We used it in 2017 and the Bucket was in place at that time too!

Will be returning to see it's status...

Eddie, thanks for reminding everyone about the Cruise Critic Log Book. 

If you go back to the beginning of this thread and read the first two posts, there is information about the book being lost and then returned to the library.  Thanks to a very kind Cruise Critic member, the book now has stickers alerting anyone who finds it to return it to the library.

Eddie, hopefully you will find it in the library when you sail in a few months.  Please report back.

If others are sailing on the QM2 soon, please sign the book and report back.

Beth

42 minutes ago, imacruizer said:

Eddie, thanks for reminding everyone about the Cruise Critic Log Book. 

If you go back to the beginning of this thread and read the first two posts, there is information about the book being lost and then returned to the library.  Thanks to a very kind Cruise Critic member, the book now has stickers alerting anyone who finds it to return it to the library.

Eddie, hopefully you will find it in the library when you sail in a few months.  Please report back.

If others are sailing on the QM2 soon, please sign the book and report back.

Beth

Beth,

YOU BET!!!!!!!!!  Will report back to you!

I am following your lead from so far back and every sailing we take it out and bring it to our Meet & Greet for those Cunarder's and Newbie's to be part of the Floating and Sailing History of the Mary 2.

Last sailing we were on in 2017, I had about 25 people sign in the book and they were so happy to sign it and see their names in it. So we will continue the traditional.

Happy 2022!

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2022 at 9:31 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

Beth,

YOU BET!!!!!!!!!  Will report back to you!

Hi Beth,

Hope this message finds you in good health.

Well only 9 days till we sail again on the QM2...Will have a Meet & Greet and will take the CC Log Book for all to sign and keep the tradition ongoing as in the past.

Hoping will find it where it belongs so we can use it and report back that I found it. Once used I will return for the next voyage to use.

Hope all signing it will continue this ongoing tradition to sail with the QM2...

Ed S.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there is currently one on Victoria? We're on in four weeks and would move to see and sign one. 

If however there is not currently one in the library I'll bring a suitable book to leave on board. 

What does the one on QM2 look like? 

Edited by groryjm

3 hours ago, groryjm said:

Does anyone know if there is currently one on Victoria? We're on in four weeks and would move to see and sign one. 

If however there is not currently one in the library I'll bring a suitable book to leave on board. 

What does the one on QM2 look like? 

Looks like a Guest Registry. Name, from, space for comments of attending an affair.