Pacific princess hit breakwater In port nice

princessfanboy

If the ship go to drydock.

Do any one thing she would get the new livery?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Probably unlikely to need drydock. A small tear in the hull can be repaired using a temporary cofferdam to keep the water away from the welding. Emergency drydocks are difficult to schedule, as the docks are frequently booked a year or more in advance, and if they go for an emergency docking, there would not be time or money for new paint job.

If the ship go to drydock.

Do any one thing she would get the new livery?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No. If it needs to go into a drydock to fix this, it will be on an emergency basis in and out as quickly as possible to make the needed repairs between scheduled visits of other ships. There is no way they take the several extra days to do some unscheduled decorative painting on the hull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. If it needs to go into a drydock to fix this, it will be on an emergency basis in and out as quickly as possible to make the needed repairs between scheduled visits of other ships. There is no way they take the several extra days to do some unscheduled decorative painting on the hull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It still would have been nice though [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

http://www.nicematin.com/faits-divers/un-paquebot-heurte-une-digue-sur-le-port-de-nice-85601

"A cruise ship, Pacific Princess, hit an embankment Nice port Friday morning.

According to our preliminary information, the Pacific Princess hit a breakwater of the port of Nice's side this Friday at 7:10.

According to the schedule of the port of Nice, the ship arrived at 6:15 Friday morning and had to leave in 17 hours.

A leak was found in compartment - 2 of the ship. Since the dike, only a penetration of the hull on the port side (left) is visible.

>> RELIRE. Pacific Princess. "We felt the ship scrape"

The boat, carrying 900 people, remains for now docked. Twenty firefighters and divers are currently on site.

Excursions passengers were advanced and tourists who were from the output went down sooner than expected. Other passengers came down with a dropper for walking on foot in the city. At 9:45, there were still passengers on board.

Access to dock Commerce was closed."

Nice-Matin

pacific-princess.jpg

So bummed for everyone on the 16th trip. I am hopping on board on the 22nd for my honeymoon, being in limbo is not fun. I am posting here to stay up to date on this. If anyone has inside info on the 22nd trip, please share.

Dry docks are scheduled months if not years in advance. Finding a dry dock available within a reasonable distance to the ship's location is going to be a challenge. Extra days pretty much impossible. The scheduled dry dock has all the details and "to do" lists already set up.

We were on deck 4 midship and the ship hit right below us, deck 2 had water coming in. The breakwater lights were right by our window when it hit, loud crash and then scraping noises. Most on the ship did not hear anything. On a bus to Barcelona typing this. Princess is actually giving us 1/2 of price as a refund and then full price we paid as a credit for future cruise. :)

We watched divers right outside our window checking the damage.

We were on deck 4 midship and the ship hit right below us, deck 2 had water coming in. The breakwater lights were right by our window when it hit, loud crash and then scraping noises. Most on the ship did not hear anything. On a bus to Barcelona typing this. Princess is actually giving us 1/2 of price as a refund and then full price we paid as a credit for future cruise. :)

We watched divers right outside our window checking the damage.

I hope those on the Pacific Princess cruises that are effected will continue to post and keep us updated. We are scheduled for the Oct 28 Rome departure and the Nov 09 Venice departure. Any information as to how Princess is handling the current cruise that has been canceled in Nice and the future Oct 16 cruise that has been canceled would be greatly appreciated. We are hoping for the best as far as completing repairs before our cruise. We are so sad for those that were on board and those that were to board on Oct 16. What a bummer and inconvenience to go from the excitement of a cruise to the disappointment of having to come up with alternate plans at the last minute. Thanks jim_mve for your update, it is much appreciated.

John & Patsy

According to yellowfish (jeanie) her and G are still in Nice. She sounded very discouraged. They are staying there because they dont want to go to Barcelona. Basically she said they are on their own for the next 12 days and the refund they got does not cover what their expenses will be. She doesnt know if Princess insurance will cover anything. This will be a good test for insurance to see what they do cover.

We were in st. Petersburg and a friend got noro and had to stay in room. They gave him back 2 days worth of cruise cost for trip interruption.

Wishing jeanie and G well and hope they find somewhere to call home for 12 days. If it were me I would head to Italy and spend 12 days.

I was in the middle of writing my own blog post about my favorite cruising blog, which is of course Jeannie's (http://www.plane2port.com/favorite-cruise-blog-pescado-amarillo/) when I read her update about their problems.

Jeannie, if you're reading this please allow me to offer you some consolation and advice. You have been presented an opportunity, albeit in a backhanded way. If I were you, I would consider taking some cheap EasyJet or RyanAir flights to Sicily or Crete and rent a car. There is plenty to see on either island in your time frame, and you'll find the prices very affordable (especially Crete.)

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do. We are all waiting "with bated breath" so see what happens next!

I was in the middle of writing my own blog post about my favorite cruising blog, which is of course Jeannie's (http://www.plane2port.com/favorite-cruise-blog-pescado-amarillo/) when I read her update about their problems.

Jeannie, if you're reading this please allow me to offer you some consolation and advice. You have been presented an opportunity, albeit in a backhanded way. If I were you, I would consider taking some cheap EasyJet or RyanAir flights to Sicily or Crete and rent a car. There is plenty to see on either island in your time frame, and you'll find the prices very affordable (especially Crete.)

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do. We are all waiting "with bated breath" so see what happens next!

That's a great idea. Another option is to catch a ferry from Nice to Corsica, rent a car and explore the island. I hope Jeannie finds an acceptable solution and hopefully is able to reboard the ship in Civitavecchia. Or take a short Med cruise, i.e. 7 nights from Savona or Genoa.

Teresa