Exercise/spa hours?

dieselmama

We are cruising next August on the Coral and Star, and hubby will also be in training for some races (he is a long distance runner) so was asking me if I could find out what hours he would be able to go run on the treadmills. He runs up and down hills, so ideally he would prefer to use the treadmills rather than run on the deck... so he is practicing, a little, the kinds of runs he really would be doing (crazy many did a 48 hour run earlier this year, ran 105 miles!)

SO.... does anyone have an idea what kinds of hours he would be able to access the the treadmills? He is planning ahead so he knows if it is even practical to sign up for certain runs next fall or not? He is a planner!!!!!

Thanks!

On Star Princess because the fitness center is directly over passenger cabins the treadmills may not be powered up until one or two hours after the room opens. Likely 8:00 or 9:00 will be the earliest he could use them. Closing time should be roughly 10 PM. I am not sure if the same restriction is in effect on Coral Princess where the fitness center is mostly over the kids/teens clubs though with a few cabins adjacent.

SO.... does anyone have an idea what kinds of hours he would be able to access the the treadmills? ...!

There are limits in the morning on some of the units on the Caribbean Princess. They had signs on them saying don't use until 9:00AM, cabins below. This limited the number of treadmills you could get on at 7:00AM when they open. They also limit the duration to 20 minutes per session. The machine actually shuts down and you need to get off and restart the process. If someone else is waiting you must give up the machine.

We used the treadmills on our last cruise a few times at 7:00AM and each of those times people were waiting so we quit after 20 minutes. There were enough people waiting that it would have been at least 20 minutes before getting back on the machine. Not sure what it's like when all units are available and not first thing in the morning.

I had the best luck at getting a treadmill in the Coral at 6 am. Very few users until 7 am. The morning I got there at 7 am there were people waiting (at least they have a lot of weight machines to occupy the queue). I did venture in about 4 pm one afternoon and the treadmills were available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My exercise hours vary. I get up when I have to pee and then I yawn and go back to bed. I'm told that yawning uses multiple muscles. I'm dedicated to exercise and have been known to repeat this regimen more than once per night.

My exercise hours vary. I get up when I have to pee and then I yawn and go back to bed. I'm told that yawning uses multiple muscles. I'm dedicated to exercise and have been known to repeat this regimen more than once per night.

Try stetching when you yawn. That gives you a complete workout.

It sounds like maybe the stairs would be his best bet... his ideal would be to get in 10 hours of training time during each week of our trip (3 weeks total, 1 week northbound, 1 week on land, and 1 week southbound). Since I can't give him any REAL idea on how much free time he will have until we sign up for excursions when they open up in the spring, I told him he can do as he pleases (kinda!) on our "at sea" days but not to count on a full 10 hours (since that really means more like 15-20 if you include stretching/showering/eating afterwards!).

Thanks for your input! Too bad the 100 mile race he was hoping to do is 3 weeks after the trip instead of right before!

Whilst training for Marine Corps Marathon, I toook the Elevator up and down 400 trips which constituted by my precise calculations 26.2 miles. Boy did I get out of breath pushing that button so I was also getting an upper body workout as well.

In Australia that is known as a swagman's breakfast. Wake at daybreak and have a pee and a good look 'round. :D:D:D