Election coverage

RAC630

I was hoping to not have to sit in my cabin. Do they ever show events in any of the venues?

I would doubt very much they would be showing results in a bar. You could check the tickers outside the On Air club on the Royal Promenade, I bet you will see results scrolling by there.

In Australia voting is compulsory and therefore if we are going to be away when an election is on, we have to vote before we go (up to 4 weeks). I realise that voting isn't compulsory in the USA, but if you do, can you pre-vote if you are going to be away and do they count those votes on the night?

Isn't the cruise a chance to get AWAY from the election?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

My phone is in airplane mode and tv is off unless I'm watching the cruise channel but if I were in a cruise during the election I might be inclined to turn that tv on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In Australia voting is compulsory and therefore if we are going to be away when an election is on, we have to vote before we go (up to 4 weeks). I realise that voting isn't compulsory in the USA, but if you do, can you pre-vote if you are going to be away and do they count those votes on the night?

It depends on the state and districts, but many offer early voting options and almost all offer "absentee ballots" that can be mailed in ahead of time. My county starts early voting next week.

And with the speed of surf and stream package on Allure, you can follow all the coverage on your phone or iPad, etc. Unlike the super bowl I would not count on ship TV coverage.

Isn't BBC World carried on all of the ships? If so, BBC World offers what I think is about the most neutral coverage I have seen. Even if some think it is not neutral, it is from an "outsiders" viewpoint. Also, they actually cover stories other than an election.

I'm looking forward to hearing zero election coverage while on Oasis that week. If Trump wins maybe there will be big enough riots that we'll get an extra day or two of sailing :-)

There may be riots if Clinton wins too.

I would agree with the person who said to buy the Streaming Internet option. I think it's been noted that you can buy a 24 period on board, so I think you can wait to find out once on board? The reason I say this is because I would be more interested in local results and go crazy if all they did was go over Clinton vs Trump.

We will be in the Allure on Election Day and would like to follow live results. Does anyone have thoughts on where I may be able to catch the broadcasts?

Thanks 😊

I think a more pressing concern would be where can you avoid catching the live broadcast? Seriously, there will be no lack of election coverage on election day.

Just curious, how do they make you vote?

looked it up $20 fine (around $15 US)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Edited by John&LaLa