Water Package

Big Chief

I know you can take bottled water off the ship; but if you bought the Aquafina water package on board and take some of the ship, are you permitted to bring any unused back on board?

Supposedly NO. Many have reported that in another thread. But a few did carry partially full bottles back onboard. So might depend on the screeners. But the official rule since July 16 is NO.

No. The rule is "no beverages".

Open containers must be emptied or discarded. Of course you can ignore that and take your chances, they might get through. Worst case is that they make you throw it out when they spot it.

If you have unopened bottles of water, you can ask if they will hold them until the end of the cruise, so you don't lose them altogether. Not sure if they'll agree to do that. But you can't take them back to your room, at least not according to the new policy.

My advice is to avoid all this, and just take what you can drink. Actually, at most ports bottled water is readily available for much less than the prices on board, so I would only take maybe (part of) one bottle off the ship for immediate use and buy more on shore as needed.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Passengers have experienced both being able to bring it back on and also having to dump the water out. My reading of it is that it is not allowed, even if the bottle originated on board and you are bringing it back on board. As usual, there is no clear answer from NCL and YMMV.

I'm planning on buying a water package, and I believe I read somewhere that the bottles are 1 liter each rather than the usual 20 oz. Is this correct?

Also, If I buy 12 bottles, but we only drink, say, 8, are we allowed to take the unopened bottles we've purchased with us when the cruise is over?

I'm planning on buying a water package, and I believe I read somewhere that the bottles are 1 liter each rather than the usual 20 oz. Is this correct?

Also, If I buy 12 bottles, but we only drink, say, 8, are we allowed to take the unopened bottles we've purchased with us when the cruise is over?

Yes, they are 1 liter (500 milliliter only available on PoA)

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/bottled-water-packages

NCL has recently instituted a recycle unopened bottle water program. The last night of the cruise, you are to return any unopened purchased bottled water to guest services and your stateroom account will be charged a $1.47 per bottle restocking fee.... YES, once you buy the water, it is yours to do with as you please which includes taking it home

Edited by esm54687

NCL has recently instituted a recycle unopened bottle water program. The last night of the cruise, you are to return any unopened purchased bottled water to guest services and your stateroom account will be charged a $1.47 per bottle restocking fee....

Pro tip: If you purchase the optional water insurance they waive the restocking fee.

Ok, ok, I get it!! Jeez......... ask a stupid question -- get a snarky response. :rolleyes:

Not snarky at all..... having fun... lighten up a bit.... and hawkeyetlse's contribution clearly was joining in on the fun...... but you can't ask a "stupid question" and expect a free pass

sent using Forums mobile app

Edited by esm54687

. If it's a new bottle, sure...they don't care about that.

Wrong. They do care about it. Since July 16, even if it is a bottle you took off the ship and did not use, you may NOT bring water, or soda, etc onto the ship.

It seems to me that NCL should 'tag' or 'sticker' the bottles that are purchased with the water package, so that those bottles could return on board when in a port. That would make the package that much more palatable if people knew they wouldn;t have to dump the water out if they didn't finish it while sight-seeing.

Wrong. They do care about it. Since July 16, even if it is a bottle you took off the ship and did not use, you may NOT bring water, or soda, etc onto the ship.

Is NCL that money hungry? To charge for water and then not allow you to bring the water you purchased from them back on board after an excursion is despicable.

Is NCL that money hungry? To charge for water and then not allow you to bring the water you purchased from them back on board after an excursion is despicable.

Yep, truly insane. They can claim "security" all they want, but since they only care about "beverages" not other liquids and gels (and beverages that they can't charge a corkage fee on at that) it's clearly nothing but greed.

Price of a single bottle of water on ship $6.49 last week....Shameful!!!

We're on the Getaway in December and Regal Princessl immediately following: on Princess 12 water bottles are $6.50--for all 12--purchased ahead of time and delivered to the cabin. On the Getaway it's something like $27!

The Getaway prices are outrageous. I'll be bringing empty bottles on board to fill up.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

You could always bring a refillable water bottle with you and just fill it with water and carry that around.

Of course, and that's what I am planning on doing. Bringing a refillable cup and some empty smaller plastic bottles. But then, I'll just fill them up in the room or other places rather than pay those prices for water.

Of course, and that's what I am planning on doing. Bringing a refillable cup and some empty smaller plastic bottles. But then, I'll just fill them up in the room or other places rather than pay those prices for water.
I do the same thing, I won't pay that price for water either and the ship's water is fine for me.