Royal Caribbean

antsp

Which ship?

I love Royal Caribbean. It's actually my line of choice followed by Princess. I do find Royal Caribbean more active when it comes to activities offered, and definitively keeps us busier. Also their shows are spectacular (ice skating shows, etc).

Enjoy Royal Caribbean and tell us what you think when you're back! Bon Voyage!

As a super loyal Princess passenger I'm off tomorrow on a 6 day RCCL for a large family celebration. This will interesting

I am guessing you will enjoy it.

I cruise often on several different lines. Royal Caribbean is actually my wife's favorite. It is especially great when cruising with kids--especially on the larger, newer ships due to the incredible amenities you find nowhere else in the industry (rock climbing, ice skating, surfing, etc.). And the entertainment, IMHO, is the best on the seas as well. Standard cabins feel much roomier than on Princess as they all have sitting areas with sofa and coffee table. Past that, you will find a lot alike...Meals (though they run their Anytime dining much BETTER than Princess does), pools, shows, buffet, bars and lounges...Slight differences of course, but, pretty much a similar cruise.

Kick back, enjoy the cruise, the experience, being with your family, visiting the ports, etc.

Have fun...

DO they not have an RCCL board on Cruise Critic. Why not use that?

I read it that OP is a Princess loyalist (like yourself, it would seem), and feels that traveling on a Royal Caribbean ship is going to be quite like getting a forced root canal.

My belief is that limiting one's experience to just one cruise line is a real disservice to yourself.

OP, try to go in with an open mind, you just might find yourself enjoying it.

I am D+ on Royal, Elite on X, one cruise from Elite Plus on Princess, and 3 * Mariner on HAL.

So, I can assure you two things: There are far more similarities than differences in those lines - accommodations, service, food, clientele, and believe me, those Loyal to Royal people are positively rabid about their loyalty status. It is unlike anything you see or hear on any other line.

I read it that OP is a Princess loyalist (like yourself, it would seem), and feels that traveling on a Royal Caribbean ship is going to be quite like getting a forced root canal.

My belief is that limiting one's experience to just one cruise line is a real disservice to yourself.

I am D+ on Royal, Elite on X, one cruise from Elite Plus on Princess, and 3 * Mariner on HAL.

So, I can assure you two things: There are far more similarities than differences in those lines - accommodations, service, food, clientele, and believe me, those Loyal to Royal people are positively rabid about their loyalty status. It is unlike anything you see or hear on any other line.

Help, Elite PLUS confused! :confused: I didn't realize Princess has a level above Elite? :confused:

LuLu

Help, Elite PLUS confused! :confused: I didn't realize Princess has a level above Elite? :confused:

LuLu

My guess is they are close to getting the extra OBC that comes after a certain number of cruises. I'm so far away from it I don't remember the number, 25 I think?

LuLu

My error, no need for confusion - one cruise to go to from Platinum to Elite on Princess.

The point was to only to add validity to my theory of spreading one's cruise dollars around, rather than limiting the experience to only one line.

Not a root canal in any way, interesting in the way is it's all new, almost. Did a rccl about 10 years ago but my memory of it is a little vague. Now sailing with 15 members of your family is another story.

i took my first royal caribbean cruise 3 weeks ago on the explorer of the seas. it too was a family vacation.

pluses

*more for active people-skating, rock climbing, surfing on the flo-rider

*an amazingly diverse and comprehensive buffet

*the ice show does live up to the hype, it was terri!c!

*every single crew member we encountered during the week was cheerful and friendly.

*good room service menu

*the best children's program i've encountered. this was worth taking this cruise.

minuses

*the production shows were just meh. great sets, music and talent but the content was repetitive and kind of boring.

*the wonderful buffet? it closes at nine. closes up tight. also closes from 5-6pm. no early snacks for the little ones. stock up in your room.

*not the greatest pizza

*no grill on deck for a burger, hot dog or fries

i'd go on rci again if the price and itinerary were good. i prefer princess but the price is off-putting for a family vacation.

One thing NOT TO MISS is the "QUEST GAME SHOW", it may be late around 11:00 pm but it's so much fun, everyone who has sailed rccl knows to not tell people what they do or what it is b/c it's a secret :D and it will take the fun out of it - so try your best and go

I love Rccl layout of their ship, so easy to not get lost and no deadends.

It's fun to watch the flowrider people (if it's on your ship - can't remember) even if you don't go on it.

If you like the ship, please try the Oasis class, the entertainment is so so good and so much to do. It is hard to go to a lower class ship (meaning size) once you go on the Oasis class - have fun:)

One thing NOT TO MISS is the "QUEST GAME SHOW", it may be late around 11:00 pm but it's so much fun, everyone who has sailed rccl knows to not tell people what they do or what it is b/c it's a secret :D and it will take the fun out of it - so try your best and go

yes! it was 10-11pm on our ship and was so funny! we really did Laugh Out Loud! it was absolutely worth staying up for!

RCCL is my favorite they do have so many activities on board. We just got off the Anthem and had a great time. I loved going to the 4 different dining rooms but that will end late Nov. My second favorite is Princess which I will be heading to Hawaii in Feb again. Because RCCL left the west coast I might be doing more Princess so I don't have to fly