Is there an Platium/Elite embarkation lounge at port everglade?

chloe45

Since becoming platinum we have never gotten to the port early enough to have to wait to board. We're within driving distance to the port and arrive that day around 12:30. This time we are going over a day early. Since check out is 11am we will probably arrive before we are allow to board. The Island Princess is the only ship in port that day.

Assuming you are at Terminal 2 there is often one seating area set aside for Elite/Suite passengers (with refreshments) and another for Platinum (not necessarily with refreshments). But it is possible Island Princess will be at a different berth even if the only ship in port that day if she is returning from a round-trip sailing that departed from say Terminal 19 or 21.

Isn't the lounge at FFL just for Elites and Suites ??

It was the last time I sailed from there , has it change to now include Platinums too ??

Srpilo

We are Elite and in a suite but I can understand your confusion because I said "since becoming Platinum". I only mentioned that because that is when you get priority boarding and we've haven't arrived at the pier early since.

Since becoming platinum we have never gotten to the port early enough to have to wait to board. We're within driving distance to the port and arrive that day around 12:30. This time we are going over a day early. Since check out is 11am we will probably arrive before we are allow to board. The Island Princess is the only ship in port that day.

Thought it was Elite and suites only . Groups traveling together where some are elite or suite. They may allow the whole group to stay together in the elite/Suite area.

Assuming you are at Terminal 2 there is often one seating area set aside for Elite/Suite passengers (with refreshments) and another for Platinum (not necessarily with refreshments). But it is possible Island Princess will be at a different berth even if the only ship in port that day if she is returning from a round-trip sailing that departed from say Terminal 19 or 21.

It's the Nov 1st sailing one way to LA. Do you think we will be at Pier 2? My only concern is having to stand for a long period of time. Is the lounge at Pier 2 similar to the one in

San Pedro were it's a separate room?

We are Elite and in a suite but I can understand your confusion because I said "since becoming Platinum". I only mentioned that because that is when you get priority boarding and we've haven't arrived at the pier early since.

Uh?

Priority boarding, and the Elite/Suite lounge access are two completely different perks.

Srpilo

It's the Nov 1st sailing one way to LA. Do you think we will be at Pier 2? My only concern is having to stand for a long period of time. Is the lounge at Pier 2 similar to the one in

San Pedro were it's a separate room?

We sailed out of FLL from Pier 2 shortly after the new building opened. There was a separate room upstairs reserved for full suite and Elite only. That room had coffee, juice, sweets and small veggie sandwiches on that cruise. Outside of that room was a large open area for Platinum passengers. I have no idea what was provided there. All other passengers waited to board downstairs at that time. Don't know if that has changed.

There is a separate room with an overflow seating area outside for Elite and full suite passengers in San Pedro with snacks and beverages. There is another area in the large open room reserved for Platinum passengers and there has been nothing provided there.

At least when we sailed out of FLL the arrangement was similar to San Pedro.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We (Elite) boarded in FLL in April and after checking in, we were directed to a very small waiting area for maybe 10 people that was like a rabbit warren with several small areas. There was nothing offered... no beverages or snacks. There was also no PA nor did any rep come to tell us what was happening or when we'd board. We heard people nearby being given directions by a rep but whoever that was never came to our little area. We couldn't hear what she was saying but we did hear people getting up and leaving. We wound up boarding late as no one ever came. One of the worst US boarding experiences I've had out of dozens of cruises from various ports.

Edited by Pam in CA

We (Elite) boarded in FLL in April and after checking in, we were directed to a very small waiting area for maybe 10 people that was like a rabbit warren with several small areas. There was nothing offered... no beverages or snacks. There was also no PA nor did any rep come to tell us what was happening or when we'd board. We heard people nearby being given directions by a rep but whoever that was never came to our little area. We couldn't hear what she was saying but we did hear people getting up and leaving. We wound up boarding late as no one ever came. One of the worst US boarding experiences I've had out of dozens of cruises from various ports.

Pam, I think we were in the same area the end of March this year. Lots of smallish rooms. There was one area with some coffee, juice and sweet rolls (if you knew were to look). Funny part was that the volunteer(?) for the area was brought around by a supervisor and told to make sure that this area was boarded first. I heard him sat that. Apparently the volunteer forgot. I was up and talking to a guy that I met in the check in line and we noticed that outside of our little area all of these people getting on board. We both went back to our respective areas and said to everyone "Lets go". I'm pretty sure if we had not noticed the activity outside of that area we would have been last to get on.

Edited by ar1950

How do you find out ahead of time which pier you are departing from?

There is a port schedule for the piers in FLL. Sorry, I don't have the link. Hopefully someone can post it. The general answer is if there is only one Princess ship in port that day then it is always pier 2.

Edited by ar1950

We sailed out of FLL from Pier 2 shortly after the new building opened. There was a separate room upstairs reserved for full suite and Elite only. That room had coffee, juice, sweets and small veggie sandwiches on that cruise. Sent from my iPad using Forums

Same for us on our January cruise out of FLL.

When you're Elite/Suite they direct you to an elevator to go to the area upstairs.

These sound like the same group that were there when we had the BVE. Totally Clueless. If I hadn't pressed the issue, we would have been standing on the pier waving bye bye to the ship without boarding.

Anyway, this is our first time sailing FLL since we became platinum, always NYC, so this information is useful to us. We just might hang out at the hotel till 11 ish to leave for the pier.

Pam, Were you at Pier 2 or another Pier?

Pam, Were you at Pier 2 or another Pier?

Not Pam here, however, based on her description I am willing to wager that it was pier 2. For us, same general experience and description of the waiting area. We left on a Monday from pier 2 and we were the only passenger ship in port that day. Lesson learned is that if you are stashed in some of the back room areas, have someone from your group get up from time to time and walk out to the area where the embarkation takes place. Maybe this was a short term issue, but, still, not a bad idea to keep aware of what is going on. Just a modest proposal if you are there.

This past January on the Royal Princess the Platinum/Elite passenger had to stand in a separate line from everyone else.

When we started to board this line went first into the building the Platinum passengers had to sit and the Elite passenger went on the ship first. I have been a Elite passenger for a while and it was the first time it was done this way

for me anyway.

Tony

Not Pam here, however, based on her description I am willing to wager that it was pier 2. For us, same general experience and description of the waiting area. We left on a Monday from pier 2 and we were the only passenger ship in port that day. Lesson learned is that if you are stashed in some of the back room areas, have someone from your group get up from time to time and walk out to the area where the embarkation takes place. Maybe this was a short term issue, but, still, not a bad idea to keep aware of what is going on. Just a modest proposal if you are there.
Strange. A couple of years ago there was one large room for Elite and Suite. We boarded first and could skip the embarkation photo opportunity. Then Platinum passengers boarded and before they were done the rest of the passengers started boarding from the first floor.