October 22, 2016- Live from the Royal Princess- Our teeny, tiny cruise to Mexico

TracieABD

Hi Friends!

In just 11 short hours, we are off on our next adventure- boarding the Royal Princess in Fort Lauderdale to Mexico and back- for 5 fun filled days! Well, actually, it is more like 4 and a half fun filled days- as there will be delayed boarding due to the return of the Royal from Europe.

I am traveling with my dear husband, Bradley. We booked this about a month ago on impulse- which we never do. We booked and paid for the cruise, purchased airfare, and then... We looked at our work schedules. Oopsie--- Bradley was supposed to be involved in a big work thing. Ruh Roh! I was supposed to be involved in a big leadership thing. No matter- we are packed and ready to go!!! This getting close to retirement thing rocks!

We originally booked an MF and were assigned an MB which is just fine with us. We really like the Royal, so this is a great little getaway to escape (completely???). Also, I have some super fun friends on board that I am looking forward to seeing.

By the way, I am aware that there is another "live from" thread that originated in Europe-- I have loved reading it in anticipation- and even debated whether or not I would write my own. But what the heck, I have always written one and it is a record of the travels- so here goes!

So, it is early to bed. Early to rise. We have a plane to catch and a ship to board!

Onward!

More later!

Tracie-Lynn:)

Hi Friends!.........................

No matter- we are packed and ready to go!!! This getting close to retirement thing rocks!

Tracie-Lynn:)

Wait until the "full Monty". :D

Thanks Tracy for posting this. Always fun to read live-froms. Have a great cruise.

Edited by ar1950

Have a great cruise! Five days is way too short but it's better than none. :)

Thanks, Pam! You are so right about it being too short- but heck- it is time away!

Bring it on!

And have a great cruise!

Norris

Thank you, Norris- I have been slammed at work, and have not had time to finish your latest review. BTW you are one of my blogging heros!

Hi friend-

Any thoughts on the Singapore cruise in January????

TL:)

you read my mind! i was looking at it again today! i'm still on the fence. so many places i haven't been, so little money. i'm checking out australia /new zealand... so expensive. i may end up with you yet! want a roomie?! :p are you feeling better about going solo?

Buon Viaggio Tracie! :D

We also enjoy the Royal & Regal but have to wait a year to sail the Royal from Barcelona to FLL. All of the ports except for Barcelona & FLL will be new for us on the Spanish Passage itinerary.

Cousin Frank!

I am really wanting to do a TA someday. I might have to check in to one from EU to FLL.

Good idea!

TL:)

Tracie...have a great cruise. Sorry Brenda and I could not join you on it, or meet you and "Bradley" down in Ft. Lauderdale this morning. I reached out to my contact and you should be receiving a call when you board the ship :D;)

Tracie...have a great cruise. Sorry Brenda and I could not join you on it, or meet you and "Bradley" down in Ft. Lauderdale this morning. I reached out to my contact and you should be receiving a call when you board the ship :D;)

Hi Cousin Chris (and Lovely Brenda)-

We hate that we will miss you in Fort Lauderdale today. You really need to kick som fanny on the golf course today!

Thanks for watching out for us. I sure will miss Generoso on this go around.

Hugs to you and Brenda!

TL:):)

Hi Friends-

Good morning from CLT! See?? This is what I look like at the airport at very, very early in the morning. We are about 15 minutes from boarding our direct flight to FLL. Our son (and house/dog sitter) got us to the airport in record time. We managed to work our way through TSA in great time- thanks to GE and TSA Pre Check (Have I ever mentioned how it was worth every penny???)- only to wait for 6 years, 3 months, and 17 hours in the Starbucks line. But, mama's gots to have her coffee- so SBux was a necessary evil.

We arrive in FLL at 9:30 and cannot board until 3 due to the immigration process the Royal must go through. So sweet Bradley surprised me with a rental car!! So now we get to drive around. Maybe to the Sawgrass Mills Mall. And double bonus- we now have a big motorized rolling luggage locker for the day! Score!

Boarding now-

See you in Florida!!

TL:):):)

Hi Friends-

Good morning from CLT! See?? This is what I look like at the airport at very, very early in the morning. We are about 15 minutes from boarding our direct flight to FLL. Our son (and house/dog sitter) got us to the airport in record time. We managed to work our way through TSA in great time- thanks to GE and TSA Pre Check (Have I ever mentioned how it was worth every penny???)- only to wait for 6 years, 3 months, and 17 hours in the Starbucks line. But, mama's gots to have her coffee- so SBux was a necessary evil.

We arrive in FLL at 9:30 and cannot board until 3 due to the immigration process the Royal must go through. So sweet Bradley surprised me with a rental car!! So now we get to drive around. Maybe to the Sawgrass Mills Mall. And double bonus- we now have a big motorized rolling luggage locker for the day!

Score!Boarding now-

See you in Florida!!

TL:):):)

We will be joining you on this cruise. The Royal, a beautiful ship is one of my favorites. This getaway is a warm up for us, we will be boarding the Regal next month. The perks of being retired and living in Florida.

Sawgrass Mills Mall is a great place to spend a couple of hours. You probably will need to purchase an extra suitcase to hold all the goodies you will be buying.

We will be driving to the port. Will appreciate, if anyone currently on board can give us an update on the boarding situation.

See you at the M & G.

Sandi

Enjoy one of our favorite ships with her new stairway, side isle in the Princess Theatre and aft stairway. Five days is a short voyage for sure, but we did one because it was, "almost free" for us.