Questions About Vines

allthetravel

I'm considering Princess for my first cruise. I have been reading a lot but will have a few questions as I do my research.

1.Does Vines still offer sushi and tapas with their wine? I read about this in a review but it was older and wasn't sure if they still did this.

2. If I buy the beverage package, wine from Vines should be included, right? Will I still qualify for sushi and stuff if I am not technically paying for my glass at Vines?

I'm considering Princess for my first cruise. I have been reading a lot but will have a few questions as I do my research.

1.Does Vines still offer sushi and tapas with their wine? I read about this in a review but it was older and wasn't sure if they still did this.

2. If I buy the beverage package, wine from Vines should be included, right? Will I still qualify for sushi and stuff if I am not technically paying for my glass at Vines?

1) Yes

2) Yes. There's something like 4 wines/champagnes by the glass not included in the package, so those you'd have to pay for. Yes, if you order a drink under your package you can get the sushi and Tapas...

1. Yes, but most often doesn't begin until 5 o'clock.

2. The All Inclusive Beverage Package is good at Vines. No Problem!

Enjoy! :)

1. Yes, but most often doesn't begin until 5 o'clock.

2. The All Inclusive Beverage Package is good at Vines. No Problem!

Enjoy! :)

Thanks for the time! That's good to know. From what I have read on here it sounds like most cruise lines have a brochure of sorts with a list of daily activities, shows and meal times to look out for.

It depends. If you are sailing on Grand Princess then the answer is NO. There is no tapas or sushi at Vines. I was told by the staff that it's due to being right next door to Alfredo's. They will gladly get you something from IC and you can order (pizza only) from Alfredo's.

As for wines being available from Vines under the AIBP others are absolutely correct that it is indeed included. The Beverage Package Calculator spreadsheet only lists 7 items over the $10 limit. 5 of them are wines. Everything else should be included in the package.

• Chivas Royal Salute - $12.50
  • Remy Martin XO - $12.00
  • Mirabelle, Brut Rose - $11.00
  • Nicholas Feuillatte, Brut - $13.00
  • Veuve Clicquot, Brut - $17.00
  • Nebbiolo Valmaggiore, Bruno Giacosa - $12.00
  • Cabernet Sauvignon, Sanctuary - $13.00

Thanks for the time! That's good to know. From what I have read on here it sounds like most cruise lines have a brochure of sorts with a list of daily activities, shows and meal times to look out for.

Yes they do. On Princess, it's called the Patter and is delivered to your stateroom each night with the next day/evenings activities, dining options, entertainment, etc. It's also available via your mobile device via Princess @Sea. Uses the ship's intranet, just open your browser and it connects (have to have WiFi turned on). Patter is available, you can check your onboard account, log into the Internet, and can set up messaging with other passengers if you want.

Happy sails!

It depends. If you are sailing on Grand Princess then the answer is NO. There is no tapas or sushi at Vines. I was told by the staff that it's due to being right next door to Alfredo's. They will gladly get you something from IC and you can order (pizza only) from Alfredo's.

We were on the Grand in August and had brought a glass of wine with us just to sit down in a quiet place. We were given a plate of tapas .. we are not fans of sushi so didn't even ask. Not sure when they told you there were no tapas but as recently as 2 months ago, we were given a plate. We paid corkage for bottles of wine we brought onboard. The guy there said we were more than welcome to come back with the full bottle if we wanted to ... and yes, provide us with small plates of tapas.

Also, you can get a plate of olives at the martini bar. Even though we had ordered drinks there, this also wasn't a requirement to request a small dish of those yummy olives.

Is wine by the bottle and tapas/sushi included when one purchases the WINE package (NOT AIBP) onboard their cruise?

You can buy wine by the bottle or the glass in Vines.

As mentioned, I was offered tapas and didn't even buy my wine from Vines. I just needed a nice place to sit. They were more than accommodating.

Where do they have the wine tasting on the Island Princess? In looking at the deck plans I don't see a Vines.

The wine tasting, as opposed to the wine bar, is an event that will be listed in the Princess Patter. The date and time will be shown, but chances are your waiter will inform you of it well before you see it in the Patter. It will be in one of the two dining rooms on the Island, in the afternoon, usually about 3ish, but that could vary depending upon itinerary.

The wine tasting, as opposed to the wine bar, is an event that will be listed in the Princess Patter. The date and time will be shown, but chances are your waiter will inform you of it well before you see it in the Patter. It will be in one of the two dining rooms on the Island, in the afternoon, usually about 3ish, but that could vary depending upon itinerary.

Thanks for the info.

I have to believe thats because the Regal has the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar on deck 7 in the Piazza.

I agree that is why they don't offer sushi in Vines, but they had tapas in December when I was on the Regal. I will be slightly disappointed if they have gotten rid of the tapas as well. But only sightly. It won't have me screaming at the poor people at the customer service desk or coming back and writing a "I am never sailing with Princess again! They ruined my entire vacation!" review. :rolleyes: It's not like I'm going to starve. It was just a nice place to grab a glass of wine and a nibble and people watch.

• 1 month later...
I have to believe thats because the Regal has the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar on deck 7 in the Piazza.

Bingo! On the Regal last month I was so disappointed to find this out. My DW and I love going to Vines for sushi and wine before dinner. We did have tapas though.

What I was even more disappointed to find out on the Regal is that Vines is full service bar. People sitting next to us drinking Bud Light. Lost some of the wine bar ambience for sure.

Where do they have the wine tasting on the Island Princess? In looking at the deck plans I don't see a Vines.

No Vines on the Island Princess. Wine tasting is an afternoon event held by the DR staff in one of the DR's. There is a charge. It is a tasting event where you get a small taste of various wines. If you are just looking for wine by the glass, you can probably order in most bars, but I would think Crooner's, the Wheelhouse Bar or the Lobby Bar have the better selections.

When I was on the Caribbean Princess a couple of weeks ago, there was an irate guy berating the server at Vines, complaining that he could not get full bar service there. C'mon man! The Lobby Bar is a full service bar and it is 30 feet away. If you can't walk 30 feet to get your beer, then you need to go to a meeting.