Executive vs Concierge Lounges

chrismch

For the ships that offer these options, what is the difference between these lounges - other than who can use them. The details I've read make them seem the same.

They are pretty much the same and mostly a waste of time. :(:(

When we were upgraded to a room on the concierge floor, the concierge lounge had little food items twice a day (plus non-alcoholic drinks), a variety of newspapers and magazines, and a concierge with posted hours. We asked the concierge to find a golf course in a port, and he did, and made reservations. I suppose the regular concierge can do that, too, but we didn't really need to use a concierge for anything until then, so I don't know.

Things may have changed since then, but if so, perhaps others can chime in. I used the concierge lounge a few times, but didn't feel it provided anything that I HAD to have. I think you can pay to have excerpts of newspapers delivered to your room if you want those. Tidbit snacks are usually available somewhere at all hours of the day and if not, there's always room service, so I didn't see any great advantage to the nibbles except that I didn't have to walk very far for them. We almost always plan things in advance (what to do, where to eat, etc.) so the concierge was of limited value for us. We did, however, hear several people talking to him about their phone service. They were having trouble using their phones in Europe and the concierge called their providers and stayed on the line until the callers were helped. Having a fairly quiet, somewhat private area on your own deck may appeal to some people, especially if you don't want to walk far.

Hope that helps at least a little. Of course, we're pretty simple people who usually book inside rooms to save money for more cruises, so we may not be the right people to respond!

DH used the concierge lounge last year on the Riviera every AM for his first 2 cups of coffee and tidbits prior to me waking up. He is a very early riser (4 AM), and didn't want to wake me, so he went to the lounge to pick up his first coffees of the day, and brought them back to drink on the balcony. IMHO, from our friends experience in a PH, and ours in the Concierge lounge, both were very similar in nature. OK, but nothing to book a specific class for. I know some other cruise lines have adult beverages available in the lounges, but not O.

Just what Oceania is missing. The fashion police. Now all is well.

In all fairness - do you really want to see people roaming the ship in their bathrobes? I have seen a "lady" in the Oceania exec. lounge early AM in her bathrobe and her hair just as she got out of bed - not what I want to see first thing in the morning :D Money does not equal good taste.

On an NCL cruise a woman and her about 8 year old daughter both came to the theater for the evening show in their bathrobes & slippers (the girl with her matching bunny slippers). Cute or poor taste?

In all fairness - do you really want to see people roaming the ship in their bathrobes? I have seen a "lady" in the Oceania exec. lounge early AM in her bathrobe and her hair just as she got out of bed - not what I want to see first thing in the morning :D

+1

or people who go to the Terrace for breakfast in their bathrobes & PJ's :eek:

In all fairness - do you really want to see people roaming the ship in their bathrobes? I have seen a "lady" in the Oceania exec. lounge early AM in her bathrobe and her hair just as she got out of bed - not what I want to see first thing in the morning :D Money does not equal good taste.

On an NCL cruise a woman and her about 8 year old daughter both came to the theater for the evening show in their bathrobes & slippers (the girl with her matching bunny slippers). Cute or poor taste?

For sure I do not want to see people in their robes running round the ship but I also do not want to be telling these people what to do. Have better things to do with my time. Maybe management should be doing this. Or at least suggesting what is proper dress in public spaces. I also agree that money does not equal good taste.

Gee, I was worried about being underdressed, guess that won't happen. Same as going to the grocery store and seeing women in a housecoat and curlers.

I guess it goes both ways because I remember years ago in New Jersey my BW telling there were a few women in the grocery store in mink coats. It is what is. I can't worry about it, just try to do the right thing myself.

Well, on my 11 cruises on O, I've only seen one or two people in bathrobes, other than on occasion at the pool. I've certainly never seen anyone on the Terrace in a bathrobe! Actually, the crowd on my just-finished cruise on Regatta seemed to be the best dressed I've seen yet - not the least bit formal, but just very nicely dressed.

I haven't seen anyone in a grocery store in curlers for a very long time, but sometimes young women are in the grocery/drug stores in pajama bottoms and sweatshirts!

Haven't seen nightwear in Terrace yet but have seen it several times in the executive lounge. Truly Tacky that... Think I may have seen the odd spa escapee there as well. See above impression.

As to a difference between concierge and executive lounges I believe the main differences are their deck location and minor furniture arrangements.

JMBobB

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Both lounges appear very small (on deck diagrams) for the large number of cabins they serve. Do they get crowded or uncomfortable? Perhaps other areas of the ship would be more conducive to reading or relaxing??

No. Very few people stay in there. Just get a little food or drink and leave. Mostly a waste.

Both lounges appear very small (on deck diagrams) for the large number of cabins they serve. Do they get crowded or uncomfortable? Perhaps other areas of the ship would be more conducive to reading or relaxing??

I have only been in the Concierge lounge

most people pop in for coffee/snack, check the newspaper, see the Concierge or use the computers

They do not stay there long in my experience

No. Very few people stay in there. Just get a little food or drink and leave. Mostly a waste.

I'm going to be the dissenter here. I've been on two TAs where I had access to the Concierge and Executive lounge. On these sea days the lounges were packed. Lot's of folks hanging out there.

I'm sure on port intensive cruises there is a lot less.

Personally other than to go in and get a cookie or sandwich I don't have much use for these rooms. Someone always has the TV turned to Fox news. There is no view and the seating is limited.

I'm going to be the dissenter here. I've been on two TAs where I had access to the Concierge and Executive lounge. On these sea days the lounges were packed. Lot's of folks hanging out there.

I'm sure on port intensive cruises there is a lot less.

Personally other than to go in and get a cookie or sandwich I don't have much use for these rooms. Someone always has the TV turned to Fox news. There is no view and the seating is limited.

I have never been on a TA so I can't speak to the use during those cruises but all the others I have been on has very little use of the lounges except to pop in for a snack or cup of coffee and mostly take it with you. I agree that the seating is limited but would think that someone could change the channel on the TV if he or she wanted to.

I have never been on a TA so I can't speak to the use during those cruises but all the others I have been on has very little use of the lounges except to pop in for a snack or cup of coffee and mostly take it with you. I agree that the seating is limited but would think that someone could change the channel on the TV if he or she wanted to.

With two or three people sitting there hanging on to every word that Sean Hannity or Bill O'reilly is saying? :eek:

Besides, I never stay there, like I said, just pop in for a cookie or snack. I much prefer to be out on deck or in a room with a view depending on the weather.