Liquor Delivery

hulksmash

This is good news. I no longer have to feel somewhat bad after walking past the table where you are supposed to turn in your liquor bought on shore without handing over my purchase.

Now, before anyone gets up in arms, I never actually drink said liquor on board. In fact, the tequila I bought in Mexico last month is still unopened as of yet. I just didn't want to deal with standing in line on the last morning.

This is good news. I no longer have to feel somewhat bad after walking past the table where you are supposed to turn in your liquor bought on shore without handing over my purchase.

Now, before anyone gets up in arms, I never actually drink said liquor on board. In fact, the tequila I bought in Mexico last month is still unopened as of yet. I just didn't want to deal with standing in line on the last morning.

Agreed, I do not want to wait in line to obtain my purchases.

He didn't specify, but my guess is that it does as they will not want to set up the table AND deliver.

I would bet that's a pretty safe assumption.

I wonder how much the new policy hurt onboard liquor sales? I would bet that is the main reason they are changing back to the old policy of delivering on the last night.

Great news. While it was no problem at all (there was no line at all) to get our liquor we purchased onboard during our cruise on Magic on debarkation morning, it will be much better getting on the last night like Im use to on RC. We carry our purchased liquor off so packing never was a problem but its just one thing not to have to deal with that depressing last morning.

Wonder why 6 day or longer cruises though? Is Carnival actually admitting what most people already think in that the shorter cruises are nothing but "booze cruises"?

Edited by ryano

This goes into effect with cruises starting on or after November 5. On the video he says it has nothing to do with lower sales of liquor, but then I don't think he'd admit it if it was. Probably a combination of lower sales and lots of complaints.

Great news. While it was no problem at all (there was no line at all) to get our liquor we purchased onboard during our cruise on Magic on debarkation morning, it will be much better getting on the last night like Im use to on RC. We carry our purchased liquor off so packing never was a problem but its just one thing not to have to deal with that depressing last morning.

Wonder why 6 day or longer cruises though? Is Carnival actually admitting what most people already think in that the shorter cruises are nothing but "booze cruises"?

Maybe but more likely that 3/4 days are walk on's so more booze buying (no airline and packing considerations), but that is just my take.....

This goes into effect with cruises starting on or after November 5. On the video he says it has nothing to do with lower sales of liquor, but then I don't think he'd admit it if it was. Probably a combination of lower sales and lots of complaints.

If you believe this new policy has nothing to do with lower liquor sales have a slightly used bridge for sale.

I would bet that's a pretty safe assumption.

I wonder how much the new policy hurt onboard liquor sales? I would bet that is the main reason they are changing back to the old policy of delivering on the last night.

This would be my guess.

Great news. We can buy licquor again.:)

I commented on a post about three week ago that I thought the new policy had been in effect long enough that if sales were impacted they would have changed it. I guess I was to forward in my thinking. I too am glad for the change. While I still made purchases, I had to weigh the inconvenience of early morning pick up. That will no longer factor into my thought process.

I commented on a post about three week ago that I thought the new policy had been in effect long enough that if sales were impacted they would have changed it. I guess I was to forward in my thinking. I too am glad for the change. While I still made purchases, I had to weigh the inconvenience of early morning pick up. That will no longer factor into my thought process.

We typically drive to ports and have a long drive home so want an early start.

No way was I going to make my morning more difficult by standing in line to pickup liquor I had already paid for.

How about 5 day cruises? Is it morning pickup then?

My theory (and it's only a SWAG) is that they'll do a comparison on amounts of gift shop liquor sold and bar business done before and after the delivery policy change, and then in a few months we'll see it delivered on shorter ones as well.

It's obvious that sales are down quite a bit, so now if the bar business done the last evening doesn't change too much, I think they'll deliver on the shorter ones too. If the business done at bars on the last evening takes a significant hit, then they may well go back to pickup on the longer ones as well.

Just my .02 worth